Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Why do those that fear the tea party are so quick to use repulsive sexual content in describing the group.
The rage that is seen with the use of the n word to denigrate a group of people is not seen in the denigration of the tea party people and the names that are allowed to be used.
If you do not agree with lower taxes and lower spending then talk about that. I see few people in dissent capable of discussing the issues without the use of degrading sexual names.
Oh boo hoo the T-baggers are so picked upon. Whine Whine Whine. People laugh at T-baggers. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
I do not disagree with that. the word on these forums is used to denigrate others and should not be used in such context when the obvious choice is to say tea party.
For all the complaints from the RW about "PC", they have very sensitive feelings themselves when they so choose.

I'm a little tired of the RW trying to call all the shots on this forum. We can't mention Bush, ever. We can't point out obvious racism without being accused of "playing the race card". We can't call the Tea Partiers by their self-given name, teabaggers. Yet they can use "hussein obama" and we're not supposed to care.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:40 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
I do not disagree with that. the word on these forums is used to denigrate others and should not be used in such context when the obvious choice is to say tea party.

When talking politics - is the reference a group of people of a certain political belief or a sexual act.

This is not the Kama-sutra forum is it?

We know what it is in reference too.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
For all the complaints from the RW about "PC", they have very sensitive feelings themselves when they so choose.

I'm a little tired of the RW trying to call all the shots on this forum. We can't mention Bush, ever. We can't point out obvious racism without being accused of "playing the race card". We can't call the Tea Partiers by their self-given name, teabaggers. Yet they can use "hussein obama" and we're not supposed to care.
just as the use of the n word has no place here. I see Bush mentioned all the time.You can call the tea parities what you like to denigrate a whole group of people by calling them a sexual act , without any reference to their political stand shows much about the character and wishes of the people that use the term.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
But what ARE the Facts
what IS the truth
Those are also perceptions

You claim they wont, I think your side refuses to see the truth

Who is right?
Logical Fallacy.

The facts in the discussions can be quantified. We can evaluate their merit.

Your position is one attempting to apply philosophical merit to something that can be measured practically. Philosophical arguments attempt to reason that which can not be quantified.

Who is right is based on the presentation of their position. Yet one can not assess such if one refuses to deal with the content.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
just as the use of the n word has no place here. I see Bush mentioned all the time.You can call the tea parities what you like to denigrate a whole group of people by calling them a sexual act , without any reference to their political stand shows much about the character and wishes of the people that use the term.
Oh, for Pete's sake! "Stick it" has several meanings, too. Should we censor that as well? What about this constant refrain from the Repubs that "we don't want health care 'shoved down our throats' "? I even saw a woman saying that on a TV commercial. Is she making a sexual reference? Anyone so fixated on the sexual meaning of teabaggers has their mind in the gutter.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Oh boo hoo the T-baggers are so picked upon. Whine Whine Whine. People laugh at T-baggers. Deal with it.
I'm fairly sure people laugh at you to, by the sound of it.

The word isn't necessary, and hinders debate, instead of promoting it, which would be far more preferable.

Kaitana brings up a valid point though,
Quote:
I'm a little tired of the RW trying to call all the shots on this forum. We can't mention Bush, ever. We can't point out obvious racism without being accused of "playing the race card". ... Yet they can use "hussein obama" and we're not supposed to care.
These terms all use the same MO as using the term "teabagger", most of the time.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:54 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, for Pete's sake! "Stick it" has several meanings, too. Should we censor that as well? What about this constant refrain from the Repubs that "we don't want health care 'shoved down our throats' "? I even saw a woman saying that on a TV commercial. Is she making a sexual reference? Anyone so fixated on the sexual meaning of teabaggers has their mind in the gutter.
There is no reasonable alternate definition of such. It did not exist before the recent tea party movement as any other meaning , its uses is perfectly clear in its intention. The use of the word is deliberately derogatory.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:57 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Why do those that fear the tea party are so quick to use repulsive sexual content in describing the group.
The rage that is seen with the use of the n word to denigrate a group of people is not seen in the denigration of the tea party people and the names that are allowed to be used.
If you do not agree with lower taxes and lower spending then talk about that. I see few people in dissent capable of discussing the issues without the use of degrading sexual names.

They all know that gays named one of their sex acts as "teabagging" so it is clear they believe the most foul thing you can say to someone would be to somehow make a connection with gays. Obviously they see "gay" anything as the utimate insult. I believe the lefties would know best if being gay is the worst you can be. I have even seen the gays use the accusation of being gays as an insult.

I decided I will agree with them. It is the worst.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
There is no reasonable alternate definition of such. It did not exist before the recent tea party movement as any other meaning , its uses is perfectly clear in its intention. The use of the word is deliberately derogatory.
Perhaps, but the tea partiers gave the name to themselves. Also, it is deliberately derogatory to call the POTUS "hussein obama", yet the poster who does that has shown she has no intention of desisting. I'd call it a draw and get over the sexual part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies