Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM

332 posts, read 647,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Cute little girls. What exactly is your point? Back during the height of the immigration from European it was easy to tell the Germans, Irish, Italians and French from the English.
If I were to post a pic of a bunch of Englishmen and a bunch of Irishmen, would you be 100% confident that you would be able to correctly guess who the English guys are and who the Irish guys are if none of the guys were wearing shirts revealing national pride ?

Are the English as physically different in phenotype from the Irish as are the Filipinos from the Swedes ?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,541,848 times
When will these posts about any race just freaking end. This is the problem, keep on bringing this stuff up, it never will go away. Enough, should it not end.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:35 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,833,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
I couldn't care less, I don't live in the past like you do. I remember it so as not to repeat it, but nothing more. I don't try and kiss shoes to make up for the actions other people that share my skin color did because I don't feel guilty. Why should I, what did I do wrong.

Freedom of speech isn't a crime and Stormfront isn't respected enough to achieve anything politically. Let them preach their hatred until the cows come home because I'm pretty sure their committed to that mindset.

Great soliloquy which, incidentally, has nothing to do with anything we were discussing. Fact is, no black person would have written anything similar to the OP and you know it. Essentially you wasted all of our time trying to discredit my thoughts.

Nice try.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:49 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,547,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Did the Germans, Irish, Italians, and French have the same skin color and facial features as these Hispanics ? Because that is what most Hispanics in the U.S look like

The Germans, Irish, Italians, and French look alot closer to the Brits in phenotype than they do to those Hispanic girls that's for damn sure.
Those girls are of indigenous Mayan heritage, it appears. Probably not a drop of "Spanish" blood in them, though they probably speak Spanish.

We all know that with respect to "immigration from Hispanic America", the United States gets a disproportionate amount of Mexico's indigenous poor, which the white Mexican elite happily ships across the border to become "our problem."

However, what the "majority" of those present look like doesn't mean jack. (In my neck of the woods, the majority of Hispanic descent people are NOT "Chicanos" by the way, and do NOT look like those girls).

Carlos Slim, a white Mexican and richest man in the world, looks like a typical white guys, as does Vicente Fox and Guillermo Del Toro. We have this weird tendency in America, however, to not give Hispanic people their due. Many are happy to not be associated with American whites or blacks, of course, but it doesn't make it right.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:49 PM

924 posts, read 1,653,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Great soliloquy which, incidentally, has nothing to do with anything we were discussing. Fact is, no black person would have written anything similar to the OP and you know it. Essentially you wasted all of our time trying to discredit my thoughts.

Nice try.
What are you talking about? You made an empty, presumptuous statement based on how you perceive races. A fact wasn't to be found in your post. Stop acting like you speak for everyone too with this "our" nonsense. Who the hell are you?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,833,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
What are you talking about? You made an empty, presumptuous statement based on how you perceive races. A fact wasn't to be found in your post. Stop acting like you speak for everyone too with this "our" nonsense.

My statement was no more empty or presumptuous than your statement was rational. I simply pointed out that no black person would have written that statement; that was no generalization or stab in the dark. It was based on simple logic.

Quote:

Who the hell are you?

Lucario. Can't you read?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
However, what the "majority" of those present look like doesn't mean jack. (In my neck of the woods, the majority of Hispanic descent people are NOT "Chicanos" by the way, and do NOT look like those girls).
It does mean jack for those who are worried that Hispanics are changing the racial demographics of America. After all most Hispanics do not exactly look like blond haired and blue eyed Scandinavian vikings.

Quote:
Carlos Slim, a white Mexican
Carlos Slim is definitely not White. He does not look like any WASP I have ever seen. The guy looks like he could be Cheech Marin's brother.

Carlos Slim is definitely not part of the same race as this guy

Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,547,225 times
Sorry guy, but not all white people are blonde haired, blue eyed nordics.

As a matter of fact, most Europeans do not look like Vikings. Southern Europeans make up a large portion of "white" people in Europe --- French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Greek --- all are darker in complexion and coloring than the "Vikings"!

Here's a less darkened picture of Slim, who is actually Mexican of Lebanese descent. So he's a light Arab. At any rate, NOT a Mayan or typical Chicano, and definitely not the same race as the little indigenous girls that you posted. Which is also the point.

Others:

Guillermo Del Toro:

As for "changing" the racial composition --- why are you "worried"? What does it REALLY mean? What's the big deal? So long as in a few generations the kids act, talk, and look like their fellow Americans? Besides, there's literally nothing that can be done about it, because everyone knows new immigrants and Latin culture in particular values big families and little birth control. Have more babies, otherwise, go with the flow. You'll be shocked to find that a lot of Latin culture shares an obsession with "lightness," so maybe you'll have more in common with your new neighbors than you'd think.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:09 PM

635 posts, read 1,739,080 times
Golem79 is Jeff Jarrett.

I just remembered now who this troll was with his obsession of Hispanic people all the time.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
You'll be shocked to find that a lot of Latin culture shares an obsession with "lightness," so maybe you'll have more in common with your new neighbors than you'd think.
Yeah all of those Hispanics going around screaming Brown pride at the top of their lungs, yeah they sure do admire pale skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies