Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:51 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of well informed people know that there is a drug war going on inside Mexico where a lot of people have been killed brutally and kidnapped by drug cartels.

What is wrong with the US military sitting on our southern border specifically for that reason alone?

The Mexican government is using their military for surveillance, why doesn't the US military, after they are withdrawn from Iraq (those who are well and willing enough to go) place our Army on the southern border with Mexico.

There is no way in heck that the US military can't whip any drug cartel!

If they really wanted to end the killing and influx of illegals into our country they could, I guess we need that steady flow of illegal drugs into the USA to keep our citizens doped up, unproductive, and addicted! I don't think they want to end anything, they want the drug cartels endangering our citizens on the southern border!

Mexican military copter over U.S. neighborhood

Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Their military shoots at our border patrol so bring our military back and shoot down their helicopters.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
That would be bad news for one big reason - the huge money flow associated with the drug trade tends to corrupt all the institutions it touches.

A huge amount of the drugs that get into the US come right through the regular Border Patrol checkpoints, and part of that is due to payoffs or corrupt insiders. There are American law enforcement personnel currently on cartel payrolls.

The cartels are fueled by a firehose of money.

If the US military gets involved with the situation, it would be the next institution to get hit by that massive flow of bribes and payoffs and backroom deals.

That's NOT a comment on the integrity of the military - it's just a fact. In any sufficiently large organization, corruption is basically inevitable when the amount of money available for payoffs is large enough.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
That would be bad news for one big reason - the huge money flow associated with the drug trade tends to corrupt all the institutions it touches.

A huge amount of the drugs that get into the US come right through the regular Border Patrol checkpoints, and part of that is due to payoffs or corrupt insiders. There are American law enforcement personnel currently on cartel payrolls.

The cartels are fueled by a firehose of money.

If the US military gets involved with the situation, it would be the next institution to get hit by that massive flow of bribes and payoffs and backroom deals.

That's NOT a comment on the integrity of the military - it's just a fact. In any sufficiently large organization, corruption is basically inevitable when the amount of money available for payoffs is large enough.
So anyone and everyone is corruptable?

I really hate to think that's true.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:20 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Sadly I think everyone has a price. For many it may not be cash.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
Quote:
Actually, no. There are many honest, upstanding, and incorruptible folks.

However, you only need a small percentage of corrupt people in key positions to derail much of your program.

That's one of the unfortunate things about large bureaucracies.

The other issue is that the North American drug industry has an extensive reach across our current economy and domestic security services.

Adding the military to that mix might result in more interdictions at first, but then new channels of corruption open up, new backroom deals come into effect, and it becomes sort of like trying to block a trickle of acid with a chunk of chalk.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

Not everyone is corruptable - but too few are.

The very powerful and greedy cartels didn't get control over our entire southern border all on their own. They bought control over it. From our own government which should be enforcing it but obviously does not.

There's a reason that these cartels have no problem at all shipping in tons of cocaine, heroin, meth, pot and anything else they want to ship over every day. Most of what they smuggle comes right over the legal ports of entry. It would be too difficult to bring in tons of drugs across roadless deserts or drive them through the river.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Sadly I think everyone has a price. For many it may not be cash.
Like O. Prez offering Federal jobs to politicians to step down so they won't vote against his Egocare Reform. You can bet his next demand will be to open the borders to "our brothers" from Mexico so can integrate with us fully.
He's already told us we "need to learn spanish", why? Yep, because by the time he leaves office this nation will be overrun with squat little third world people invading every last vestige of America. Thank you Mr. Obama for ruining a once great US.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
I think a lot of well informed people know that there is a drug war going on inside Mexico where a lot of people have been killed brutally and kidnapped by drug cartels.

What is wrong with the US military sitting on our southern border specifically for that reason alone?

The Mexican government is using their military for surveillance, why doesn't the US military, after they are withdrawn from Iraq (those who are well and willing enough to go) place our Army on the southern border with Mexico.

There is no way in heck that the US military can't whip any drug cartel!

If they really wanted to end the killing and influx of illegals into our country they could, I guess we need that steady flow of illegal drugs into the USA to keep our citizens doped up, unproductive, and addicted! I don't think they want to end anything, they want the drug cartels endangering our citizens on the southern border!

Mexican military copter over U.S. neighborhood

Every single one of us, right?

You know why Obama wants them to come here? After he grants them amnesty their families can all come and live here and be granted amnesty as well. It's for the children.

Not our own, mind you. He looks out for the hoof in mouth diseased underbelly of society in hopes they overrun us as cockroaches and the USA becomes no better than the most decrepit 3rd world nation.

He has more than demonstrated he hates America as is so I am sure he delights in the very thought.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
We don't have a drug cartel problem we have mommy gave junior a sack full of money and he spent it on dope -- problem
Where do you think the cartels get their money? From selling drugs to girl scouts or senior centers? You think junior sweating at McDonald 25 hrs a week is going to dump his hard earned money on a single line of coke???? Lol mama going to bankroll that hit son happy birthday honey did you want a cake son?? No no mama cash is better. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies