Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 PM

2,573 posts, read 2,498,836 times

Advertisements

Phoney "victories "...

Still,half the area of any given city is a gun prohinition area.

College campus carry legislation initiatives failed everywhere,even in all- red states ...

What concealed carry..?
Only 1.5% of adults casrry,minus 0.5% associated with the security business,that leaves only 1% of ordinary citizens who carry...
1%...as many as the certified schizophrenics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM

13,635 posts, read 21,457,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Obama has not made one minor FLINCH toward restricting your gun rights... The NRA would have had us believing that, by now, Obama would have completely outlawed handguns and be half-way toward taking back shotguns....

Ugh actually they tried in a very disingenious way at the beginning. If you recall they used false statistics to say that most guns in Mexican drug crime originated from the U.S.A and that a new ban should be entacted to stop it.

The truth came out on the phony statistics along with the purchase spree by citizens that made the administration and most politicians shutup and back track.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 PM

895 posts, read 1,408,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Phoney "victories "...

Still,half the area of any given city is a gun prohinition area.

College campus carry legislation initiatives failed everywhere,even in all- red states ...

What concealed carry..?
Only 1.5% of adults casrry,minus 0.5% associated with the security business,that leaves only 1% of ordinary citizens who carry...
1%...as many as the certified schizophrenics...
I wouldn't be so cocky with those numbers. Personally, most gun owners don't feel it's anyone's business but their own that they even own a gun, let alone carry it, so they (I hope I'll someday get to say "we") will not admit to either in polls.

CCW permits are no indicator either, since most states do not require a permit to carry openly.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 PM

If 1.5% is "official" carry,then the total carry can't be more than 3% max...

Big deal...

The gun prohibition zones are unimpegnable yet...

And we got creamed on campus carry...

Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 PM

23,824 posts, read 24,206,934 times
Quote:
Obama has not made one minor FLINCH toward restricting your gun rights...
His voting record in the U.S. Senate is a matter of public record. What you said above, taken at face value, is patently false.

He hasn't tried anything as President for two reasons, IMO.

First, he has bigger fish to fry right now.

Second, not enough of the people would support it. If he thought he could get half the population to support some new, far-reaching anti-gun legislation, you could bet your bottom banana that he and his cronies in the House and Senate would try. One look at how close to 50/50 public support for "health care" is should be enough to tell you that they'll try to ram anything they want down our throats if they think they can get half the population behind them.

If he'd strolled into office during a nice, comfy and growing economy, where everybody's biggest concern was whether or not to get the latest Nintendo console or the latest Microsoft model, I'm 100% sure that Feinstein, Obama & co. would have put his imagined "mandate" to work on renewing the AWB. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

That's not what happened, though, and as long as none of them are making moves in that direction, I'm not going to be concerned about it. That doesn't mean I'm going to be complacent, either, and I am keeping an eye on what's going on as far as new gun related legislation goes. So far, so good.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM

18,333 posts, read 26,590,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
If 1.5% is "official" carry,then the total carry can't be more than 3% max...

Big deal...

The gun prohibition zones are unimpegnable yet...

And we got creamed on campus carry...
Not in every state. Not many places are off limits here. NH has even less places off limits. Some states have been cutting back on places that are off limits.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,329,280 times
removing post.... Quite honestly I don't care about gun control...

Have at it...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:15 PM

23,824 posts, read 24,206,934 times
Quote:
I thought the entirety of my post made it clear that I was referring to his Presidency. In that, there is nothing false about it.
Ok, dear. If you say so.

The bottom line is that he has always been anti-gun, and his voting record as a state senator and then as a U.S. senator is undeniable proof of that.

Illinois is one of only two states in the country that don't have any legal mechanism in place to permit their citizens to carry concealed, and as a state senator, he didn't seem to be bothered by that.

Add to those things the variety of public statements echoing his anti-gun stance, and I should believe that he's not interested in restricting my gun rights because... ???

Like I said, I'm not concerned right now, but I'm keeping an eye on things, as I should.

As for the rest of your partisan hyperbolic rant - whatever.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Ok, dear. If you say so.

The bottom line is that he has always been anti-gun, and his voting record as a state senator and then as a U.S. senator is undeniable proof of that.

Illinois is one of only two states in the country that don't have any legal mechanism in place to permit their citizens to carry concealed, and as a state senator, he didn't seem to be bothered by that.

Add to those things the variety of public statements echoing his anti-gun stance, and I should believe that he's not interested in restricting my gun rights because... ???

Like I said, I'm not concerned right now, but I'm keeping an eye on things, as I should.

As for the rest of your partisan hyperbolic rant - whatever.
"Partisan rant"?

The NRA went APE-S*** over Obama and got all Chicken Little on the gun community about what would happen when Obama got elected....

Still waiting for that shoe to drop I guess?

As for the rest?

Is Gun Control Advocate the same as "Anti-gun", anymore than Pro-Choice is the same as "Pro-Abortion"?

Old 02-24-2010, 02:55 PM

The non-gun or even the anti-gun people are not the problem...

The gun prohibitionists are the real menace...

Many people are non or anti-something,but they do not want to prohibit its use by others...

I am anti-sailboat,when I see one I get angry,cannot believe how some people like to be governed by the wind,instead of having a motorboat...

But I am against sailboat prohibition & I would protect the rights of sailboaters...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies