Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,548,950 times

Advertisements

With these guy's nothing ceases to amaze me with then. But will it never seem to end. What a slap in the face to Brown, no matter how you cut it. Haven't we had enough of there bull crap.This is just one of there excuse for tax hikes, Demquacks, always have a spin on things don't they.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:06 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,966,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Democratic-controlled Senate has muscled through a plan to allow the government to go a whopping $1.9 trillion deeper in debt.
Last night, I was yelling at the TV that Obama is a FRAUD. It took less than 24hr to be validated. Reduce the deficit my arse.

Prediction: Wave good bye to the DOW, down down and down it goes.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,893,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Didn't they hear the State of the Union Address?

What a slap to the face.
What heck Obama was all over the place in the sotu. He said he was going to spend for this and that, Then he said hes going to freeze spending on this and that.

So in other words Obama is going to increase spending, Cut the deficit , not increase your taxes. He is magical to make all that happen.

Its a trick. Hes going to increase spending, Decrease the deficit say 1% even though his actions cause it to increase say 40%

Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,652,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What heck Obama was all over the place in the sotu. He said he was going to spend for this and that, Then he said hes going to freeze spending on this and that.

So in other words Obama is going to increase spending, Cut the deficit , not increase your taxes. He is magical to make all that happen.

Its a trick. Hes going to increase spending, Decrease the deficit say 1% even though his actions cause it to increase say 40%
That's true. I got seasick trying to follow it.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,893,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That's true. I got seasick trying to follow it.
Sadly most people dont actually listen to it. They hear catch phrases and thats it. They dont ask themselves wait, how is he going to do this while doing that and make this happen.

Obama is great at catch phrases " change you can believe in" Yes we can. Bad big bankers ( shhh ignore all I've done for those bankers) lol

Its what happens when you have an uninformed population thats more concerned with what say Khole and Kim Kardaisan is doing or will Tiger woods wife take him back

Thats all a distraction anyway to keep people from focusing on what really matters

Old 01-28-2010, 01:38 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,652,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sadly most people dont actually listen to it. They hear catch phrases and thats it. They dont ask themselves wait, how is he going to do this while doing that and make this happen.

Obama is great at catch phrases " change you can believe in" Yes we can. Bad big bankers ( shhh ignore all I've done for those bankers) lol

Its what happens when you have an uninformed population thats more concerned with what say Khole and Kim Kardaisan is doing or will Tiger woods wife take him back

Thats all a distraction anyway to keep people from focusing on what really matters
You're right. That doesn't happen and neither does any questioning of whether some of the ideas are feasible, or why some conditions exist.

We do have an incredibly uninformed and apathetic electorate. It's a pretty sad situation.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,548,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Again, words =/= actions. Democrats make me sick.

Of course, Actions that only benefit themselves, conivers is what i call them.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,859,582 times
I'm going to keep voting for dems & indies until hateful people can't afford the internet anymore.

Yessirree We've got to figure out how to tax greedy haters to death, let them flee for their lives to a comfy fascist/ capitalist regime like Nicaragua where they can lecture everyone how wrong they are. Maybe join a contra death squad on weekends for a hobby.

<muhahahahahaa plotting and scheming>

Old 01-31-2010, 06:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,978,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why the need to increase the debt ceiling if we are now paying as we go?
They increased the debt ceiling so they could borrow to PAY their bills.
We don't have revenue coming in to pay current bills. This was not for spending but for borrowing to pay what's currently due.

This link explains it a bit more:

Democrats propose $1.9T increase in debt limit - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_bi_ge/us_congress_debt_limit_11 - broken link)

snippet:
"Senate Democrats on Wednesday proposed allowing the federal government to borrow an additional $1.9 trillion to pay its bills, a record increase that would permit the national debt to reach $14.3 trillion.

The unpopular legislation is needed to allow the federal government to issue bonds to fund programs and prevent a first-time default on obligations."

Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 AM

639 posts, read 1,147,427 times
Have you all not figured out that Obama is a liar yet?? Remember transparency?? How's that working out?? Remember give me the stimulus ensuring that unemployment would not go above 8%?? This man says "I want to attack the deficit" and unfortunately the ambien/xanax laced population we live in eat it up and fall for it hook, line, and sinker!!!! America is starting to wake up but you have to ask yourself if they are taking to long to awaken from their slumber!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies