Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

They are saying that they really didn't know what was objectionable about their cartoon but it didn't take long for them to find out after the right wing bloggers found out about it.

You may read the whole NPR article by clicking on the "Read the entire article" at the bottom of the Fox page. I don't want people who don't want to see it to have to read it.

NPR Apologizes, Denies Knowing 'Teabagger' Was Offensive | The FOX Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 02:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
NPR needs to be shut down.

They are operating with tax payer money and should not take sides.

Shut them down.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They are saying that they really didn't know what was objectionable about their cartoon but it didn't take long for them to find out after the right wing bloggers found out about it.

You may read the whole NPR article by clicking on the "Read the entire article" at the bottom of the Fox page. I don't want people who don't want to see it to have to read it.

I've got it right here...it's called "Learn to Speak Teabag" by Mark Fiore , and it's both funny and right on...

Learn to Speak Tea Bag

Old 01-10-2010, 02:40 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
why are tax dollars being spent on ways to learn gay sex?
if some of you enjoy it, I don't care. Keep it to yourself.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:46 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I've got it right here...it's called "Learn to Speak Teabag" by Mark Fiore , and it's both funny and right on...

Learn to Speak Tea Bag

It fits the movement to a T.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,242,684 times
See, that's the problem, left wingers are so sensitive and lovey-dovey. "Oh, I hurt your feelings, I am sooooo sorry." The foaming at the mouth right wing crackpots on the other hand never apologize about anything no matter how destructive, insane or scurrilous. Have the right wing kooks apologized for lying us into Iraq? Have they apologized for their TRILLION DOLLAR tax payer checks to the military for invading the wrong country and butchering a million innocent people who did nothing to us? Have they apologized for segregation? Have they apologized for oppression of women? Lefties, just shut the hell up and stop apologizing. The right wing kooks only understand belligerent, arrogance and anger. You have to hit em where they live.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Hey, Roy - thanks for pointing me to that cartoon. Just watched it and thought it was on the mark. Nothing offensive about it....

Old 01-10-2010, 03:00 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,242,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
why are tax dollars being spent on ways to learn gay sex?
if some of you enjoy it, I don't care. Keep it to yourself.
Is that Glen Beck's latest rant? Why are tax payer dollars being spent bailing out billionaire banksters that robbed us blind? I think that's a much more important question. But of course Beck and O'Reilly and Hannity and the rest of the capitalist apologists would rather throw up a smoke screen for their cronies. It's a lot easier to demonize gays and blacks and the poor and Martha Stewart than bring billionaire crooks to justice. Remember Martha Stewart? The Bush prosecutors went after her like a pack of ravenous Pit Bulls like she was some kind of hardened terrorist ready to blow up the Empire State Bld because she had the nerve to do what the billionaire, insider, old white guys club does a billion times over every day. You think Beck is going to be ranting about that any time soon? Nah, he's making too much dough pimping for his rich capitalist sponsors.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:10 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
NPR needs to be shut down.

They are operating with tax payer money and should not take sides.

Shut them down.
If the communists want NPR let them pay for it.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:17 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times
NPR should not have apologized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies