Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:35 AM

53,567 posts, read 35,279,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I thought people were upset with NPR for a distasteful use of the urban dictionary definition of teabagging, but what I found was simple political satire.
the NPR ombudsman strongly disagrees with you..

Quote:
"..this cartoon is just a mean-spirited attack on people who think differently than he does and doesn't broaden the debate. It engages in the same kind of name-calling the cartoon supposedly mocks."
and:

Quote:
"Critics are right to take NPR to task for only representing one side using such a strong visual medium as an animated cartoon with sound and text."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,257,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
We need to take this country back from the Glen Becks and the Bill O'Reillys and the Sean Hannities and other right wing hate and fear mongering extremists. That's where domestic terrorism begins. And they understand history all too well especially the "bigger the lie the more they'll believe it" motto of their idol Adolph.
wow where to begin on this post.
You do understand that none of the people you mention run the country. How do you take the country back from them when they do not run the country?
Please not anywhere , where these people have said their idol is Adolph, because if you can not back that up you just told the lie not them.
The only hate i see is from you

Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,246,625 times
Where were the neo-cons when SNL satirized Obama using gay sex as their tool? Laughing their (heads) off, of course! There is at least one thread here on CD about that. One of CDs finest neo-cons actually posted a cartoon satirizing Ted Kennedy after his death that she thought was hilarious. What is the difference here? BTW, I have heard NPR lampoon Dems, libs, etc, as well.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM

3,017 posts, read 3,583,965 times
Oldest trick in the book:
Draw attention away from your own faults by accusing the opposition of what you are guilty of.

At best people believe you have a valid point.

If people notice the deceit...just claim that both sides did the dirty deed, whatever it happens to be, and it's all 'politics as usual'. No big deal. Either way you've effectively 'muddied the waters' enough to escape public scrutiny.

They're sharp like that. You have to give them credit.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,388,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Tax the churches, then we can shut down NPR.

Deal?
Another atheist checks in.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's called "freedom of the press". Something you strict constructionists should be quite familiar with, since you're always yapping about the constitution.
You say "freedom of the press" but don't manage to see that too much of their money comes from taxpayers. I don't care to have my taxes used for things like this but you call that strict construction. Hmmmmmm.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,246,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Oldest trick in the book:
Draw attention away from your own faults by accusing the opposition of what you are guilty of.

At best people believe you have a valid point.

If people notice the deceit...just claim that both sides did the dirty deed, whatever it happens to be, and it's all 'politics as usual'. No big deal. Either way you've effectively 'muddied the waters' enough to escape public scrutiny.

They're sharp like that. You have to give them credit.
What's wrong with pointing out that satire is a bi-partisan trait? I do not agree there is any "guilt" involved, either way, or that this reflects anyone's "faults".

Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Hopefully they've come to their senses and decided to stand up to the snarling, rabid, foaming at the mouth right wing pit bulls.
Where is your town "Capitalism is Cancer" manage to be located? I guess anything that resembles collectivism would be heaven to you, huh?

Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,865,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
wow where to begin on this post.
You do understand that none of the people you mention run the country. How do you take the country back from them when they do not run the country?
Please not anywhere , where these people have said their idol is Adolph, because if you can not back that up you just told the lie not them.
The only hate i see is from you
Not only the government runs a country. Especially in places where people are so obsessed with TV and other mass media, people with a strong media presence are almost as powerful as politicians. So reasonable people might take the country back from Beck & Co in terms of forming the public opinion.

It is not people in favor of state-financed health care, homosexual marriages etc. who are destroying your country, it is capitalists who outsource all kinds of jobs to India etc. in order to fill their own pockets and those of already rich shareholders gambling with the fate of families.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
They now have cartoons on the radio? And I thought 3D TV was futuristic.
Come on and admit that you realize that they have a website to post things like that on. You really do, don't you? I am sure that you are smarter than your post appears you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies