Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 07:55 PM

99 posts, read 522,309 times

Advertisements

I have always been listening our all president's statements "lets make this world a safer place to live". But till now I am not able to understand that why the hell our own country is not safe.

Wherever someone goes and travels, he/she firstly finds out if that place be safe or not? I am always afraid while jogging in the evening and always think that if it can be unsafe. Why not and how can we make our own country a safer place, if not world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 11:06 AM

29 posts, read 114,186 times
No Doubt!

I think the first thing we need to do to change the states and make them a safer place to live is to:

1) Change our Gov't
2) Close our borders
3) Stop worrying about the rest of the world and take care of our people FIRST!!!

Of course this will never happen because our Gov't still lives in the old ways and cannot conform to change or technology.

Sure would be nice if the US would stop being a dictatorship to the rest of the world and to us living here in the states.
Oh well I guess all we can do is sit back and be their puppets because that's what they are trying to do.

I just hope that future generations wisen up in the future!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:09 AM

353 posts, read 503,714 times
Our country is safe. I don't know what part of the country you live in, but in the vast majority of American neighborhoods you can jog in the evening without being attacked.

And, by the way, the war in Iraq is not about keeping Iraq safe--it's about keeping America safe.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times
I thought the war was about making a select few rich.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 PM

99 posts, read 522,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I thought the war was about making a select few rich.
I agree with u, it was never to make us safe but for oil. Anyway I dont want to discuss here on this thread. What i want to talk about is our safety. I keep hearing about attacks, murder a lot of times in Charlotte and many other US places. and replying to other question in previous post: I stay in university area and if u say that area is quite safe for jogging in the everning time then u r absolutely wrong. There are many other areas in various US places which ae not safe in the evening/night esp many downtowns. And u know what I mean. I dont need to tell that to u.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:43 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,103 times
We know the media adheres to the motto "if it bleeds, it leads". The violent crimes are forced into our psyches despite their rarity. Safety is nothing external, it is all internal--and they know it. Fear is what rules this country. Fearful thoughts create fearful situations. It is the lowest use of the mind. Even religions use it, especially Christianity with it's "have you been saved?" mantra. Um, I didn't know I was in any danger!

How many murders have you seen in person vs. how many have you seen on TV? Shocking how desensitized we have become. The only solution is in the mind because that's where the problem is. I've always thought that if you want to cut down on crime, you have to cut down on the supply of victims. You can't have crime without victims and so many people out there are sitting ducks with their mind's elsewhere, manifesting a reality of fear and crime around them. I know I'll be attacked for saying this, but your mind creates reality so if you paint a scenario of murder, you will set into motion forces that will manifest it. The world sucks because it's mind controlled, folks.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snitins View Post
I agree with u, it was never to make us safe but for oil. Anyway I dont want to discuss here on this thread. What i want to talk about is our safety. I keep hearing about attacks, murder a lot of times in Charlotte and many other US places. and replying to other question in previous post: I stay in university area and if u say that area is quite safe for jogging in the everning time then u r absolutely wrong. There are many other areas in various US places which ae not safe in the evening/night esp many downtowns. And u know what I mean. I dont need to tell that to u.
If this is a real concern of yours do a search of the safest cities in the US and move to one!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:14 PM

9 posts, read 24,755 times
by worrying about the rest of the world, do you mean blowing them up? its interesting you bring up pupets here because the only pupets i see are the govts that the americans put in place when the americans decide to bomb them, take out a govt that doesnt agree with usa policies and replace it with a pupet govt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb68 View Post
No Doubt!

I think the first thing we need to do to change the states and make them a safer place to live is to:

1) Change our Gov't
2) Close our borders
3) Stop worrying about the rest of the world and take care of our people FIRST!!!

Of course this will never happen because our Gov't still lives in the old ways and cannot conform to change or technology.

Sure would be nice if the US would stop being a dictatorship to the rest of the world and to us living here in the states.
Oh well I guess all we can do is sit back and be their puppets because that's what they are trying to do.

I just hope that future generations wisen up in the future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies