Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
There you go with the subliminal glasses again. Taking anything you post as personal is laugable considering you choose to add lib and read subliminal messages that just aren't there.
So you arent liberal? Odd, because I've read enough of your postings to be able to claim otherwise. Hey, again, thats not an attack, its a fact, but more humor over people not wanting to be called liberal.. Dont worry, I dont blame you..
Quote:
Unlike your attempt, I did not criticize Sanrene but its nice to know that you speak for her just as you attempt to speak for everyone else.
Quote:
Sanrene, there are reports given weekly on the jobless claims. Surprisingly you ONLY focus on the increase of the jobless claims but NEVER on the decrease. hmmm
Why do you think sanrene should be obligated to report on the decrease of jobless claims?
Quote:
Try to stick to reading whats on your screen and not things that just aren't there.
I did.. You linked to stories which showed unemployment levels at 500K and 512k, while then criticizing sanrene for posting a thread about 480K claims
Would you rather sanrene created new threads with 512K numbers? Would that have made you happy because you seem very upset with her posting one with smaller numbers because shd didnt start new threads with "higher numbers"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Neither were the previous years, but that wont change you pretending the world fell apart due to "Bush" or the GOP..

Well Gee, I never claimed the world fell apart so I guess you're just WRONG!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:50 AM

631 posts, read 720,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My Way News - New jobless claims rise unexpectedly

The last blows to smithereens the notion that the stimulus has "created" anything.

Do you remember when we where loosing 700,00+ jobs weekly? Seems like your silly point is blown to smithereens.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
People aren't spending so retailers are letting folks go early. Inventory is also down so as merchandise clears out early, theres less need to keep sales people around.
Temporary seasonal jobs do not a recovery make.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
So you arent liberal? Odd, because I've read enough of your postings to be able to claim otherwise. Hey, again, thats not an attack, its a fact, but more humor over people not wanting to be called liberal.. Dont worry, I dont blame you..

Whew....where can I get those glasses. Where in my post did I disputed being a liberal or even mentioned it? Where in my post did I state an attack? Where in my post did I state that someone did or did not want to be called liberal. It seems you choose to make things up as you go along in order to argue. Subliminal

Why do you think sanrene should be obligated to report on the decrease of jobless claims?
Never stated that she was obligated. Again subliminal.

I did.. You linked to stories which showed unemployment levels at 500K and 512k, while then criticizing sanrene for posting a thread about 480K claims
No you did not, provide anything. If you took my statement to Sanrene as criticizing TOUGH... but again, its INTERESTING that you've nominated yourself to be the voice of EVERYONE.

Would you rather sanrene created new threads with 512K numbers? Would that have made you happy because you seem very upset with her posting one with smaller numbers because shd didnt start new threads with "higher numbers"?
again subliminal and clairvoyance.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Unlike your attempt, I did not criticize Sanrene but its nice to know that you speak for her just as you attempt to speak for everyone else.
He can speak for me anytime.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well Gee, I never claimed the world fell apart so I guess you're just WRONG!
Another liberal who likes partake in drama.. Since you want to partake in 100% accuracy.. then
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well wake up damn it, you'll find reality isn't near as bad as your nightmarish dreams
Tell me where the other poster claimed to be sleeping or having nightmarish dreams?
Quote:
again subliminal and clairvoyance.
So that wasnt you that tried to prove a point that unemployment went down, by giving us numbers that were up?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
People aren't spending so retailers are letting folks go early. Inventory is also down so as merchandise clears out early, theres less need to keep sales people around.
Temporary seasonal jobs do not a recovery make.
This is true in my neck of the woods. They hired too many people for the "big Christmas rush" that doesn't seem to be materializing.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:37 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Another liberal who likes partake in drama.. Since you want to partake in 100% accuracy.. then

Tell me where the other poster claimed to be sleeping or having nightmarish dreams?

Post #5, perhaps you might try fact finding before you post?

Or do you just enjoy being a drama queen, facts be damned?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:40 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My Way News - New jobless claims rise unexpectedly

The last blows to smithereens the notion that the stimulus has "created" anything.
Wait until the federal census starts around April, there are about 800,000 jobs to had right there. Then 0bama and his wingnutz will claim his policies just made a one point drop in unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies