Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
Then why do the police want to meet with him and he and his wife refuse? If the police wanted to "meet" with me and I delayed them I would most probably be arrested. And why the hell do they merely want to "meet" with him. Again, if it were me I would probably be demanded to walk into city hall at the very least. I've never, ever in my life been "requested" to meet with the police, nor have I ever known anyone (at least in my pay range) that were "requested" to do so. You either complied or were arrested. End of argument. He is being given preferential treatment as are every other celebrity, IMO.

For 3rd time, Woods cancels meeting with police - Golf - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-woods-accident&prov=ap&type=lgns - broken link)
Here read this, it's from your link:

“We have been informed by the Florida Highway Patrol that further discussion with them is both voluntary and optional. Although Tiger realizes that there is a great deal of public curiosity, it has been conveyed to FHP that he simply has nothing more to add and wishes to protect the privacy of his family.”

I don't know if you realize this but, before they can arrest you, you have to break a law. It's not an investigation....they're not trying to question him because he's a suspect or a person of interest in a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,216,166 times
Keep your mouth shut, Tiger!!! If this is a domestic dispute, it's no one else's business!!!! (Until he makes it so.)

Old 11-29-2009, 03:49 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,743 times
TMZ is all over this like stink on **** because that's what they do and they don't have to worry about him never giving them an interview like....say...a sports network might. Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV | TMZ.com

According to TMZ, there was an argument, she scratched his face, he left, she took a golf club to the car, it distracted him, the car hit the hydrant and the tree. I wouldn't see the need for my taxpayers' dollars to work on that.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Keep your mouth shut, Tiger!!! If this is a domestic dispute, it's no one else's business!!!! (Until he makes it so.)

If he doesn't tell the story, then someone else will and you never know what they come up with. Apparently there is already a rumor that he had an affair with another woman.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,082,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If he doesn't tell the story, then someone else will and you never know what they come up with. Apparently there is already a rumor that he had an affair with another woman.
Those will die out soon enough.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Those will die out soon enough.
Not likely.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,216,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yeah, we know. It's already been brought up several times in the other Tiger Woods thread as well with links posted. The "other woman" denies it but if someone makes her an offer she can't refuse, who knows......

Stay tuned!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You wouldn't be saying that if it were Tiger beating the hell out of his wife.

Domestic abuse should no be ignored just because its:

1) a woman abusing a man
2) celebrities are involved
3) the people involved have lots of money$$$

I understand that Tiger is probably trying to protect his wife but abuse/violence should not be tolerated by our society no matter who is involved.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You wouldn't be saying that if it were Tiger beating the hell out of his wife.

Domestic abuse should no be ignored just because its:

1) a woman abusing a man
2) celebrities are involved
3) the people involved have lots of money$$$

I understand that Tiger is probably trying to protect his wife but abuse/violence should not be tolerated by our society no matter who is involved.
What?? His wife didn't beat the hell out of him so why would you even bring that up?

Old 11-29-2009, 04:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
How Does Tiger Woods "Cancel" Meetings With the Police?
Why would he be required to talk to police for an incident that took place on his property?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies