Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
He honestly favors Muslims over Catholics or Christians!
Prove it.

Quote:
We don't know exactly what they teach over in Indonesia, but
it was a radical Muslim group from, what we hear.
Prove it.

Quote:
He will not say : The war on terror????????
Because it's a stupid phrase and he's no dummy. His predecessor insisted on speaking of the "the war on terr." That probably appealed to you.

Quote:
I pray for his impeachment ASAP!
I don't doubt it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-29-2009 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:47 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,349,639 times
Clearly a Progressive Puppet!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Barack Obama is our duly elected president, one who has done nothing what so ever that rises to the level of an impeachable offense. Sorry, you'll have to wait until the next election to maybe be as happy as those of us who support him are happy now.

The fact that he understands the mindset of other cultures on earth and gives them respect does nothing but help the U.S.A.'s image in the world. We are a far safer nation with him as president than we would have been with warmongers McCain and Palin in charge.

As for the meaningless phrase, "war on terror" Hillary Clinton was asked about this back in March and she said the phrase "was widely disliked in Europe and elsewhere overseas, where even close U.S. allies suggested it was overly militaristic and perhaps counterproductive."

Clinton: New team not using 'war on terror' term - USATODAY.com

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-29-2009 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: correcting spelling mistakes made before my morning coffee

Old 11-29-2009, 10:42 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Prove it.

Prove it.

Because it's a stupid phrase and he's no dummy. His predecessor insisted on speaking of the "the war on terr." That probably appealed to you.

I don't doubt it.
I can almost hear a pin drop.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Who is Barack Obama really?

Well he isn't a warmonger like many on City Data want him to be! Sorry that he isn't blowing up things or invading nations!

Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Prove it.

Prove it.

I don't doubt it.
Good ol' Old Gringo, you are such a man after my own sweet heart. Every time I see your posts, they are pithy and oh, so smart.

OK, enough of that. I see no evidence--other than accidents of naming and early childhood living conditions--that Obama is anything other than he appears to be. He is a star graduate of one of America's top law schools, which, to me any way, means that he thinks deeply about words and what they mean. (It also means a whole lot of other things, but let's just start there).

He hasn't abandoned the idea of the war on terror, but he has perhaps moved to a more useful phrase to describe it. "The war on terror" as a phrase is imprecise and stupid, really. You can't win a war on an abstraction. I could declare a "war on jealousy" or a "war on ugliness" and you could smile at me while knowing I would lose. How would one possibly go about eliminating every example of an abstraction? Even if one could, someone would always be able to expand or contract the definition of the abstraction, thereby quite literally changing the field of war.

More precise language is good for all of us. It seems ambiguous to some of us, and that is too bad. George Orwell wrote about this right after WWII in a classic essay that bears rereading:

Politics and the English Language

Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Default Who is Barack Obama, really?

He's known around the world as 'POTUS'.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:11 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,873 times
B.O. is whoever the media wants him to be. He in my eyes is a biracial man who won the POTUS. Now the media can make him whatever...a black man and even a white man if they so desire. "insert eyeroll"

Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Who is Barack Obama really?

Well he isn't a warmonger like many on City Data want him to be! Sorry that he isn't blowing up things or invading nations!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Barrack easily goes down as the worst president in history!
He has made sooooooo many mistakes, lies, his radical activity,
his carelessness, over spending, and far leftness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Wellness, if all of this were true, where were your politicians of choice during the elections?

Where were your "White Knights"?

Why didn't your politicians of choice run for office? Why did no one vote for them?

Why haven't your politicians of choice come up with solutions for the war in Iraq, terrorism, healthcare, jobs, the economy, etc?

Why do you and your politicians criticize without providing solutions. It's very easy to stand by and critique others who are making the effort while you and yours have done nothing for years.

((((silence))))

Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies