Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,840,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I voted for Obama and I was in no way a George W Bush fan, but on a 100% scale, I'll give Obama a 34%..

Too many bailouts, a "Stimulus" plan that funded wasteful pet projects and did little to create jobs, the ever-expanding National debt, the appointment of ethnocentric justices (AKA Sotomayor) to the Supreme Court and although I support Health Care reform, his relationship with the pharmaceutical companies coupled with the requirement that ALL Americans purchase insurance makes me very nervous..

The thing is: He's only been in office for ONE Year.. Wait until Next year when he rolls out his "Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Amnesty Plan".. Yes, at a time when Millions of Americans are out of work, why not encourage the importation of more poverty at the expense of the American taxpayer?..

The stage is set for a Republican takeover of the Congress in 2010.. Sadly though, have they REALLY learned fiscal responsibility in 4 years? And if they can't be any worse than the Democrats, what does this say about our political system?

Way too many bailouts. George Bush came out and admitted he should not have started the bailout process and Obama has carried this bad water all the way across the field. Election year panic.

We do not need guest workers at this time. Many people are looking for minimum wage jobs right now just to keep their heads above water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,688,778 times
He's entirely fake. I feel like nothing he says can be trusted by the way he talks. Humans talk happy when discussing happy things and sad when they're discussing sad things. He says everything the same - like he's trying to convince everyone as if we can't have values and opinions of our own. I don't see an improvement or hope for improvement in the quality of life.

My first impression of him was bad, that this man isn't a leader but a puppet. But I voted for him after practically flipping a coin, there really isn't a clear way to see whose bad or good. I think all politicians are the same. Wish we could live in a world without them.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM

24,596 posts, read 33,533,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I'd give him a 5/10. He hasn't really did anything remarkable yet, but hasn't ****ed up yet. He has had only 1 year so its kinda early to judge, but so far Obama has been a disappointment. Bush would have gotten a 2/10 and I am being generous to him. I cannot think of one good thing Bush did in 8 years as president. Seriously, my friend and I had this conversation and we really tried to think of something positive Bush did, but couldn't. Hope Obama does better than Bush.
That's easy. Two tax cuts. Which helped give us 52 consecutive months of job growth and an unemployment rate as low as 4.5%.

As for Obama's rating, I give him a 2 out of 10 and I'm being generous.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:35 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,266,642 times
Default Peter Principle alive and well.

Peter Principle definition:"In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence."Remind you of someone we know,perhaps that fellow that moved into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM

402 posts, read 537,619 times
i'm still rootin for him

Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,806,671 times
Considering the rabid crazies he's up against (as evidenced daily on this forum), I'd say he's doing a very good job.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,578,679 times
I give him a "wait and see" grade. I feel the same about Obama as I did about Clinton and Bush at this point. He hasn't done anything spectacular, but he seems to be handling the country just fine.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:50 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,355,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Give it a rest, and use google.

Start with his messing into the Census and move on from their.

He is evoking executive orders into things that are NOT constitutional.

Goodness, look things up even if you do not agree with them.

I asked for something unconstitutional that he has done. This does not qualify as anything but a seemingly uneducated rant. If you knew something off the top of your head that he'd done that was unconstitutional, I'm guessing you would have posted it, but instead you want me to do the research to back up your claim???

No sir. I repeat. One thing.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
1)Bailouts ( yeah I know Bush started it and yes he was wrong too! More reason for Obama NOT to expand on it!)
Cite the amendment he violated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep
2) Supreme Court. President Obama has expressed his desire to see his Supreme Court nominees embrace “empathy” in their decisions and opinions. This is not what SC justices are sworn to uphold. Empathy is no where to be found in their oath.
"Expressing desire" doesn't violate the Constitution I don't believe. If any justice were to begin legislating based solely on their personal biases and not using the rule of law there'd most certainly be an ethics violation for that justice, but that wouldn't be on Obama.

Quote:
3) The Czars. They report to no one but Barack Obama. They have far reaching powers and Congress cannot stop a single decision they make. What has happened to our egotistic Congress who has been so willingly hypnotised into giving up their grasp on EVERYTHING? So much for checks and balances. Yes other Presidents had Czars but no where to the extent of Obama.
Yeah, I was perusing the Constitution and saw nothing on this. Help me out here.

Quote:
5) Redistribution of Wealth. No more needs to be said. It just ain't anywhere to be found in The Constitution.
Fancy name for lowering taxes on some and raising taxes on others. Now that an income tax is constitutional, and has been for a century or so, what amendment does this violate?

Why aren't tax breaks for oil companies "unconstitutional"?

Quote:
6) Health Care. Obama’s health care plan is unconstitutional. The first thing that comes to mind is his plan to pay for his health care plan by taxing the wealthy to pay for it. Redistribution of wealth is unconstitutional in America. Then there’s the fact that he plans to put private business out of business to achieve his goal, which is simply power over all of us.
I think you're confusing, "I don't agree with it" for "unconstitutional". You know they aren't synonyms, right?

Quote:
7) Interpreting the Constitution as a “living, breathing” document
The only legal way to change anything the Constitution says is to amend it. The Constitution limits government, and to expand government, that expansion must be appropriate under the document.
Actually the forefathers who WROTE the Constitution designed it to BE a "living, breathing" document. Obama didn't coin that phrase. Either way, you haven't stated anything above that violates anything written within the Constitution, so it appears that YOU would have to get a new amendment in order to make any of this "unconstitutional".

Now this isn't meant to be read that I agree with everything that Obama has done. All it's meant to show is that my disagreement doesn't magically make something "unconstitutional"... Again, seems to be a word that the Right is throwing around a lot without knowing a darned thing about the Constitution.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Okay Rhett,

Let me make this easy for you. I agree, sometimes people on any topic will post something and not back it up. Here is my questions to you. This is about Obama being re-elected.

Name ONE thing Mr. Obama has done for this economy or country that was followed through with!
Lowered the payroll tax for middle class Americans.

You're up next:

Name ONE thing that Mr. Obama has done that's "unconstitutional".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies