Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,393,317 times

Advertisements

You know, really, the President is kind of just a figurehead, a leader of one of our political parties, who is limited by our marvelous constitution. I hope all this angst between Dems and Reps passes and we can unite as a country to represent ourselves to the world. Wouldn't that be nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM

2,196 posts, read 2,000,809 times
Default Being A U.S. Prez.... Not For Just Any Old Body !!!

Greetings,

In my humble opinion it takes much, much more to be an American President than a Jr. Senator with virtually no political leadership experience,standing in front of a teleprompter tirelessly emitting a constant verbal stream of often conflicting and unbelievable statements !

Indeed so many of the American people appear to be having grave misgivings regarding their decision to vote for our current President .....and rightly so !

Reluctantly I must grade this U.S. President with a very paultry D- on his report card ..... Yes even lower than President Jimmy Carter !

What is needed is another President Ronald Raegan, during his first term in office ..... a dynamic, and highly experienced President !

Sadly our current President appears to simply "Be In Over His Head" !

The most popular person will never surpass whom is more experienced in any position where vital leadership is required !!!

America is without doubt suffering due in great part to the vast inexperience and indecisiveness within the Oval Office !!!

Thanks / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 11-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling / Thanks / Lamar

Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM

38,760 posts, read 22,568,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I voted for Obama and I was in no way a George W Bush fan, but on a 100% scale, I'll give Obama a 34%..

Too many bailouts, a "Stimulus" plan that funded wasteful pet projects and did little to create jobs, the ever-expanding National debt, the appointment of ethnocentric justices (AKA Sotomayor) to the Supreme Court and although I support Health Care reform, his relationship with the pharmaceutical companies coupled with the requirement that ALL Americans purchase insurance makes me very nervous..

The thing is: He's only been in office for ONE Year.. Wait until Next year when he rolls out his "Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Amnesty Plan".. Yes, at a time when Millions of Americans are out of work, why not encourage the importation of more poverty at the expense of the American taxpayer?..

The stage is set for a Republican takeover of the Congress in 2010.. Sadly though, have they REALLY learned fiscal responsibility in 4 years? And if they can't be any worse than the Democrats, what does this say about our political system?
I understand your feelings on this. You did not like the way Bush was running the country, and McCain did not look much different. You hoped 0bama would hold true to the lofty rhetoric he was speaking during the campaign.

There are good democrats out there, and I would have voted for one over Bush, but all we got was Bush, Gore or Kerry, it was like choosing between a train wreck, or a jumbo jet plain crash.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:08 PM

948 posts, read 2,804,064 times
I think it is early to rate him on much - his orders/legislation have not been in place long enough to give a full or even partial assessment of what effects they will have - which I think is only fair since I feel most of what is messed up right now was handed to him - I kept rather quiet about George W. Bush as well, that is, until his colors/incompetence/agendas/nature were coming into full light - his re-election wrecked my belief that someday people will vote for what they believe in as opposed to what their fears pander to.
One of my biggest disappointments is the lack of President Obamas attention in asking the US to take a stand on the health care issues while the current bill has gotten so sweet the "paid for buy ins. co." ads on TV have stopped - why? because Ins. Co. are happy to know that we will be fined if we don't buy their ins. while the gov. plan/alternative has been washed down to squat. The war - that's just got to end - it has no place - bring the troops home..
CBS did a poll in 1981 showed Reagan at a 18% approval. Shhhhh that was Carters fault. Surely Obama should have fixed everything buy now, especially since it would ONLY require housing to double in areas where the auto industry no longer exists, hurricanes destroyed entire economies, and combine that with people saving instead of gambling (including the banks). Geez a few tax breaks could have easily fixed that in a matter of months.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:11 PM

1,595 posts, read 3,000,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Peter Principle definition:"In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence."Remind you of someone we know,perhaps that fellow that moved into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
You're speaking of George W Bush right?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,252,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
You're speaking of George W Bush right?
No,not really.However,on further thought,take away the 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. part,and the Peter Principle could apply to many members of Congress from BOTH parties,and to countless numbers of bureaucrats.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,961,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
How do you feel President Obama has handled his first 10 months in office?

I'll throw him a bone. I liked the fact Obama talked about ceding marijuana enforcement back to the state.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM

17,522 posts, read 24,789,733 times
Lousy, we haven't put Bush or Cheyney on Trial yet.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:32 PM

563 posts, read 520,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Lowered the payroll tax for middle class Americans.

You're up next:

Name ONE thing that Mr. Obama has done that's "unconstitutional".
Trying to limit ammo for gun owners, right to bear arms. Currently in Chicago trying to get them to reverse that Amedment in the city.

Lowered the Payroll Tax? Are you kidding me? An extra $2 a week is not quite fixing our economic standings.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:33 PM

721 posts, read 710,149 times
A total "0"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies