Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times

Advertisements

oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yep, not smart, no expeience, not qualified to do anything:

[SIZE=1]By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]As posted in comments on Greta’s article referencing the MOVE ON AD about Sarah Palin [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]by Dewey Whetsell [/SIZE]

The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here’s the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it…It’s not about persona, style, rhetoric, it’s about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing “la la la la” (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar. But while you're thinking, I'll continue.

2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So, she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called “ACES”. Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them “don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out.” They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3- The other thing she did when she walked into the governor’s office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as “pork”. She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the “when-hell-freezes-over” stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor’s jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor’s cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning—I imagine—that she’s packing heat herself). I’m still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4- Now, even with her much-ridiculed “gosh and golly” mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. This summer, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable's by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that’s just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 12:46 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Barbara Walters asked her legitimate questions and still no coherent answers to any policy or issue.....and now she's contradicting herself between the original campaign emails - oprah - and her book....
Right wingers think she makes sense and speaks coherently.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:48 PM

392 posts, read 1,096,027 times
There is no excuse for Palin. I like the lady, think she is nice and got a bad deal in the media, but she is clearly not qualified to be president. Neither was Obama though.

I don't think she is a wicked evil lady and if you sat with her for coffee she would probably prove to be a nice lady. But sh is clearly not seasoned and experincd enough to run America and probably lacks character to do so.

She is a breath of fresh air and does stand against a lot of what is wrong with America today, but she is not the right fit for the oval office. She should have stayed governor and left it at that.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
You liberals are obsessed with Sarah..I love to watch the loons squirm..gives me chills all up and down my leg...

Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
You liberals are obsessed with Sarah..I love to watch the loons squirm..gives me chills all up and down my leg...
She is a heroin to many, not just liberals.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They are SCARED to death of Sarah!!!
No kidding.

Much ado about nothing. She has not indicated that she is running for any office. Maybe she will become a talk show host and scare the poo out of Oprah and Baabwaa.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They are SCARED to death of Sarah!!!
What scared the crap out of me about Palin was that she could have been our vice president!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
There is no excuse for Palin. I like the lady, think she is nice and got a bad deal in the media, but she is clearly not qualified to be president. Neither was Obama though.

I don't think she is a wicked evil lady and if you sat with her for coffee she would probably prove to be a nice lady. But sh is clearly not seasoned and experincd enough to run America and probably lacks character to do so.

She is a breath of fresh air and does stand against a lot of what is wrong with America today, but she is not the right fit for the oval office. She should have stayed governor and left it at that.
Since she was able to bust up a good old boys club in Alaska and ran that state very, very well, I would say she is far more qualified than Obama as far as being POTUS. The arguments coming from the left camp that she is not qualified is a dim bulb at best since this president they elected has not a clue how to run this country or interact with other countries without crawling up to them.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:01 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Barbara Walters asked her legitimate questions and still no coherent answers to any policy or issue.....and now she's contradicting herself between the original campaign emails - oprah - and her book....

The Bill Oreilly interview is Friday........it's all policy questions. Tune in.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:04 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This thread is pointless. I agree with the OP but Palin could say "F#@#2 all minorities" and the people on this forum will find a way to justify it. I can see it already "She said F$#43 all minorities. Well she is right. She is just being honest and her choice of language is earthy and direct. She doesn't mince words, I like that."
Well I hope she never runs for office using quotes like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies