Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:01 PM

20,305 posts, read 37,265,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Barbara Walters asked her legitimate questions and still no coherent answers to any policy or issue.....and now she's contradicting herself between the original campaign emails - oprah - and her book....
Can you post a link to the dialog that took place, or maybe a video?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,833,119 times
Personally, I don't begrudge the former governor the publicity or the money she's made from her notoriety.

Coherency has never been her strong suit.

Afraid of her? I think that perhaps some people are afraid of the mob mentality of the people who feel that she represents them.

I keep wondering why some people persist, though, in finding it such a partisan issue. Plenty of conservatives are quite disenchanted with her.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,227,636 times
Go to youtube....type in dimwit and see her video's...seriousily type in sarah palin and babara walters....

-LMaooooooooooooooooooooooo she said that its okay for Israel to continue to build settlements regardless of how the Palestinians feel due to "More Israeli's moving to Israel"....LOLLLL....I pray to god she runs for president in 2012. She will single handily ruin the republican party...

Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,782,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Personally, I don't begrudge the former governor the publicity or the money she's made from her notoriety.

Coherency has never been her strong suit.

Afraid of her? I think that perhaps some people are afraid of the mob mentality of the people who feel that she represents them.

I keep wondering why some people persist, though, in finding it such a partisan issue. Plenty of conservatives are quite disenchanted with her.

I don't think she is ready for prime time, but the gratuitous shots are making her a sympathetic character.

The only mobs I see are those relentlessly going after her.

By the way, I didn't think Obama was ready for prime time either. That was a pretty good call.....

Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times
Link, so we can see and hear for ourselves instead of relying on a biased opinion of a Palin hater.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Quote:
Plenty of conservatives are quite disenchanted with her.
Very true. She has nothing solid. She's a loose cannon.
Of all the Republicans that was the best they could find for McCain ?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't think she is ready for prime time, but the gratuitous shots are making her a sympathetic character.

The only mobs I see are those relentlessly going after her.
I do tend to agree about the "gratuitous shots" but by the same token, I don't consider any and all criticism of her political stances to be that...

as far as people "going after her". I think that her worst "enemy", should she develop further political aspirations, will be the party in which she is registered.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I do tend to agree about the "gratuitous shots" but by the same token, I don't consider any and all criticism of her political stances to be that...

as far as people "going after her". I think that her worst "enemy", should she develop further political aspirations, will be the party in which she is registered.

Her political stances are fair game, family and everything else should be off limits like any other politician (and before any bozo chimes in with she presented her family to the public, so did Obama, remember his kids doing a tv interview? It's called politics they all do it but only her kids were savasged.)

I am not sure what you mean by Republicans going after her?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Her political stances are fair game, family and everything else should be off limits like any other politician (and before any bozo chimes in with she presented her family to the public, so did Obama, remember his kids doing a tv interview? It's called politics they all do it but only her kids were savasged.)

I am not sure what you mean by Republicans going after her?
I agree about the family being off limits. As a registered Democrat, sometimes I find the carrying ons over that a bit embarrassing.

My son, niece, and a few other family members had reason to visit Wasilla during the month before the election; from their account, the press was digging through every trash can in town trying to find whatever "dirt" they could. Pathetic.

I believe that should she decide at some future point to attempt a run at high political office, Republican columnists will indeed "go after her"...some already have. Kathleen Parker has had some insightful things to say....

she's too much of a polarizing figure, and the Republican party has learned quite well what can happen when they cater to their base.

And, interestingly enough, she at one time had better rapport with the Democrats among the Alaska State Legislature than with the Republicans.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I agree about the family being off limits. As a registered Democrat, sometimes I find the carrying ons over that a bit embarrassing.

My son, niece, and a few other family members had reason to visit Wasilla during the month before the election; from their account, the press was digging through every trash can in town trying to find whatever "dirt" they could. Pathetic.

I believe that should she decide at some future point to attempt a run at high political office, Republican columnists will indeed "go after her"...some already have. Kathleen Parker has had some insightful things to say....

she's too much of a polarizing figure, and the Republican party has learned quite well what can happen when they cater to their base.

And, interestingly enough, she at one time had better rapport with the Democrats among the Alaska State Legislature than with the Republicans.

You know the funny thing is Republicans tend to win when they cater to conservatives. Bush 41 was viewed as kind of a liberal Republican lasted 1 term, Mccain was no darling of conservatives, base turn out was low. Reagan pretty conservative rallied the base. W was an anomaly no one (except far lefties) would call him a conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies