Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM

8,994 posts, read 14,827,965 times

Advertisements

Think Progress » Armey’s View Of Americans With Pre-Existing Conditions: Someone Who ‘Eats Like A Pig’ And Has Diabetes

I don't know why some people defend this dude. He himself is 63 years old and not the picture of health. In two years he'll be eligible for Medicare while the rest of us have to put up with private insurance companies and their evil ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM

8,650 posts, read 17,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Think Progress » Armey’s View Of Americans With Pre-Existing Conditions: Someone Who ‘Eats Like A Pig’ And Has Diabetes

I don't know why some people defend this dude. He himself is 63 years old and not the picture of health. In two years he'll be eligible for Medicare while the rest of us have to put up with private insurance companies and their evil ways.
I have medicare now and I will take my old private PPO policy any day of the week.. And yes I DO understand fighting with the PPO plan, but it still pays better than medicare.

Doctors here are watching the health care bill and today they compared it to an HMO plan..

And they gave an estimate of what it will cost you..

They said if you are in the $88,000.00 pay range it will cost you around 12% of your pay.

They against the cuts that will come from medicare.

You can look for a story to the report at ....

abc13.com: Houston News | Houston Weather, Traffic and Sports

If it is not there try....

www.khou.com

Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

First of all; what do you really know about Dick Armey? I happen to know him and you have no idea what he is really like and 2-I think his point relates to people who choose not to enroll in any insurance plan until they learn they have a condition that requires a lot of medical costs. This is like taking out life insurance when you find out you have terminal cancer or renters insurance after you have been robbed. I don't think he meant pre-existing period. Don't take things out of context. Oh, and btw how do you know he eats like a pig, have you been at a dinner party with him or visited his home?

Nita

Old 11-10-2009, 07:43 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, and btw how do you know he eats like a pig, have you been at a dinner party with him or visited his home?

Nita

I dont think you read the OP closely....

Dick Armey is Mr. FreedomWorks... FW are the organizers of the Tea Parties and the Million Moron March.

If he doesnt care for people who eat and drink like pigs, wonder what he privately thinks when he sees pictures of the hordes under his command.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies