Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,421,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
For many, this is not a "moral" fight, its a dollars and cents fight. They dont want their dollars going to someone using abortion as birth control. Just read a few of the posts here.

As for anyone who is opposed to abortion on the murder card, you also have absolutely nothing to say about public assistance. If you are going to force someone who clearly cant afford a child to bring them in to this world, then you and your ilk should be fully prepared to shoulder the economic burden of raising this kid, since its clearly not free.
yep. murder is ok if the dollars suggest that is the most economic direction to go....

see the most recent bill to pass the House of Reps....

nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,421,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Your projection toward me with regard to your guilt toward women would be an epic fail, and as a result, I'll be more than happy to just leaving you to your muse ..
no i am just tired of the insulting bull crap that gets tossed around by liars who know they are liars.

I am not the one willing to lie. No projection there. you lied and you admitted as much.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,213,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yep. murder is ok if the dollars suggest that is the most economic direction to go....

see the most recent bill to pass the House of Reps....

nice.

If we keep all the aborted children alive, are you willing to pony up for their care?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,527,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
abortions should never be government (taxpayer) funded

I'm fine with my taxpayer money funding a persons heart condition....but it should never be used to fund the results of some womans CHOICE to spread her legs

So...............................

Birth control fails and a woman should be told she's on her own but if someone CHOOSES to develop a heart condition by smoking, being 50 lbs overweight, not exercising, etc. the taxpayers should fund the treatment necessitated by those CHOICES?

Real humanitarian, aren't ya?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
obo

916 posts, read 987,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So...............................

Birth control fails and a woman should be told she's on her own but if someone CHOOSES to develop a heart condition by smoking, being 50 lbs overweight, not exercising, etc. the taxpayers should fund the treatment necessitated by those CHOICES?

Real humanitarian, aren't ya?
A swift kick to the stomach will take care of it FREE OF CHARGE!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:48 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,107,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
A swift kick to the stomach will take care of it FREE OF CHARGE!

With any luck, the lowlife mother would suffer and the innocent child would live

'

Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,329,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Objection are part of the process. "Roberts Rule of Order"
I don't think many of these people have ever watched the British Parliament at work.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,016,441 times
Quote:
Yesterday, 65 of Pelosi's Democrats turned their backs on Women by allowing strict abortion clauses to be written into the Pelosi bill ... I will never be a Democrat.

And this video below speaks to the reason why I will never be a Republican;

YouTube - Unruly Republicans Disrupt Health Care Debate
I think you missed the line of democrat women who got a chance to speak with unanimous consent, the same was denied to the republicans.

Do you see that long line of democrat women, waiting to speak?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:51 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,144 times
Quote:
You've been paying for the irresponsible behavior of others for years ... cases in point?

seatbelts, helmets, drunk driving, higher auto insurance, the obama administration, and the list goes on and on ...
So because we did it in the past we should lump more on? Is that your logic?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,329,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't think this provision would have much effect on how many abortions there are. It may move the abortions to the back street mills that destroyed so many lives in years past.
Bob my first wife had one of those back alley abortions in 1961 and never managed to get over it. She always thought she had murdered a baby and couldn't stand to have another one legally. She never did recover from it and I wonder how many really get good information before they do it. She spent over 15 years counseling junior high girls who became pregnant to keep their babies or adopt them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies