Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That makes him a politician. Whether he is a liar, or just shrewd, remains to be shown. If you think he did this dishonestly, you're welcome to that opinion, but I can't make such a determination. I not only don't care much about the campaign, but I don't know anything about it. The article you presented didn't convince me Owens is a liar. Post all the articles you want. I'll try to read them, but I may not see them the same as you.
Did you read the one I posted about two people lying about that election and the highest one admitting it without wanting to do so? If so go ahead and answer it. Nobody has yet in over 5 hours. Go ahead and read it to see if you think the AP is a bunch of liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was referring to the Gouvernor Times discussion board only, and the posters there are mostly not local. I don't know about the village itself.
Read the paper now and then. They do have some well done stuff about local politics and other news worthy things. Glad to see you admit that you don't know much about the place.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Gouvernor Times... having been to Gouvernor Times discussion board I can tell you they lean heavily to the extreme / radical right.
Old Roy has this one under his skin, this is the second thread on this exact subject he has posted and he does most of the posting trying to keep it alive.
Casper

Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Read the paper now and then. They do have some well done stuff about local politics and other news worthy things. Glad to see you admit that you don't know much about the place.
Many posters here know all about GT, right wing is putting it mildly.
Casper

Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Old Roy has this one under his skin, this is the second thread on this exact subject he has posted and he does most of the posting trying to keep it alive.
Casper
You don't know a whoie lot but then that is my fault, isn't it? The second post is written today and this one yesterday. However, the information in the second one is totally different since it says some things about Owens and Saint Barack of Hopenchange that you wouldn't want to see. It seems that Obama let the words slip that were basically about the fact that both of them lied about this election and the voting on the bill.

It is ok for you to be ignorant of facts but to accuse me of what you accused me of doing doesn't hurt me because you proved that you were ignorant of the second post and probably about this one, also.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Many posters here know all about GT, right wing is putting it mildly.
Casper
How many is many to you? I see three now an then and two others occasionally but that is not many to me. Those many you talk about left as soon as the election was over and their boy won. Many, you say?

You are very right but today I think I invited some tough left leaners to the place and they are interested. Thicker skinned people than some of that many.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
No sir, making that comparison without having read that site in months is the most liberal thing you have ever said.
No, there is nothing 'liberal' about what I said, but it's very typical of you trying to attack me personally and classify me as something or the other.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Actually I spent last week upstate NY in a city very close to Gouvernor, and saw how the opposition poured millions upon millions into TV ads trying to do their classic character assassination act. Maybe they should have tried to promote their own candidate as opposed to just attack the other guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies