Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,908,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you dont become president not being a people person. a president is someone the people like, identify with, etc. you have to be a people person to be president. no way around that. when was the last time you saw a pres sitting courtside with the fans drinking a beer during the game? that dont get any more people personish then that.

YouTube - Barack Obama Watches Wizards Vs. Bulls Game
Any moron can sit and watch the Bulls lose with a beer in his hand ... On the social level, Obama is not a people person.

Watching a ball game gets you out of having to talk to people on a personal level ..

You can be a great speaker, and yet, say nothing at all .. Obama absolutely does not articulate well. (without of course, having a cue card in his hand)

Dubya didn't articulate well either, but at least he gave it all a good shot without the use of cue cards.

Catch Obama alone on any day of the week and strike up a conversasion with him. 40% of the conversasion will be full of "um's", "uhh's", and "mm's".
The man literally struggles to finds words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
No.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
So I got the wrong Gibbs. The point is, the spinless coward refuses to talk to his commanders. That's leadership you can count on...
Were you calling the Republican draft dodgers cowards as well?
Methinks not,which evidences a certain lack of moral fortitude.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:33 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Wow ...

I won't defend either one of them beyond what I see ..

Obama is quite simply, not a people person.
Dubya was.

How hard is this for you to understand?

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, so it's no sweat off my ass anyway .. I simply call it the way I see it.
Which is a very unclear manner.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Not as much as PROMISING they would ALL come home during a campaign to help him get those precious votes.......and turn his back on the troops and the generals while he contemplates kickin thousands more over to the sandbox of HELL, sometime AFTER he can celebrate his victory in ramming Health Care "reform" on 3 out of 4 Americans who DON'T even WANT it!!

Besides....what ARE YOU worried about the troops for anyway?
Soon enough....they'll ALL have the Govt. to take care of their battle scars when your Man.....finally, gets his way.

Something for the troops to look forward to.....post VA treatment, AND..... at least he was kind enough to allow the military a raise.
Wasn't that nice, Chili Girl?
First of all try my proper screen name.
Obama never promised to bring everyone home.
He said he was drawing down in Iraq and that we'd be out by 2010/11 and that he was going to ramp up in Afghanistan.
Please provide your "facts" about how many people want/don't want health care, although your statement is completely off topic.
Why am I worried about the troops, you ask? Because I work on a military base.
I'm against all war at all times.
How about you?

Don't worry about responding, I twit those who don't have a hand-shaking relationship with reality.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
This claim has been made on the "Fort Hood" thread and I am interested in exploring it.

Clarification: I am not looking for evidence such as "Bush obviously has terrible disdain for them because he sent them to die in a stupid war..." etc. etc.

Rather, I am looking for specific examples of disrespectful actions and words.

For example, he has clearly exhibited disdain for American religion (the horribly condescending clinging to "guns and religion" remark)

Please stick to providing facts and analysing them, not "rhetoric" (partisan name-calling on both sides).

Thank you!
"""For example, he has clearly exhibited disdain for American religion (the horribly condescending clinging to "guns and religion" remark)"""

Yes, let's stick to facts....people DO cling to their religion...isn't that what it's FOR?

AND he filled his inauguration with ministers and prayer....that's showing disdain for "American" religion? .

What exactly IS "American" religion???????????????

Old 11-08-2009, 08:06 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""For example, he has clearly exhibited disdain for American religion (the horribly condescending clinging to "guns and religion" remark)"""

Yes, let's stick to facts....people DO cling to their religion...isn't that what it's FOR?

AND he filled his inauguration with ministers and prayer....that's showing disdain for "American" religion? .

What exactly IS "American" religion???????????????

The comment by Obama was simply a paraphrase of Marx's that religion is an "opiate of the people." It had nothing to do with acknowledging respectfully the centrality of religious faith in the lives of ordinary people.

As for the "ministers and prayer," that's window-dressing to deflect from actions that are starkly at odds with what many would deem "Judeo-Christian" values.

What is "American religion?" OK, perhaps that could have been worded better. American religion = the religion of most Americans who practice a religion (Protestant Christianity.)

Hope that answers your questions.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:21 AM

272 posts, read 216,064 times
Obama exhibits disdain for all American Citizens including Military

Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,648 times
I don't think it's disdain as much as discomfort. The Military is a completely different culture than that what Obama lives in. He spent his adulthood in academia and politics..a bizarre combination of lofty ideals and dirty tricks.

The military culture is one of honor, code, commitment. They don't (typically) throw colleagues under the bus for personal advancement. They'll risk career for commitment to cause (think McChrsytal). It's an entirely different set of values, and he's smart enough to know that. And to sense that they know that.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:24 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
I don't think it's disdain as much as discomfort. The Military is a completely different culture than that what Obama lives in. He spent his adulthood in academia and politics..a bizarre combination of lofty ideals and dirty tricks.

The military culture is one of honor, code, commitment. They don't (typically) throw colleagues under the bus for personal advancement. They'll risk career for commitment to cause (think McChrsytal). It's an entirely different set of values, and he's smart enough to know that. And to sense that they know that.
Damn! A lucid, substantive, and concise analysis. I think I'm in love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies