Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,956,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about Bush's disdain of sending our kids to a war based on lies and having over 4,000 of them die and over 30,000 seriously wounded as a result?

Talk about disdain!
Not as much as PROMISING they would ALL come home during a campaign to help him get those precious votes.......and turn his back on the troops and the generals while he contemplates kickin thousands more over to the sandbox of HELL, sometime AFTER he can celebrate his victory in ramming Health Care "reform" on 3 out of 4 Americans who DON'T even WANT it!!

Besides....what ARE YOU worried about the troops for anyway?
Soon enough....they'll ALL have the Govt. to take care of their battle scars when your Man.....finally, gets his way.

Something for the troops to look forward to.....post VA treatment, AND..... at least he was kind enough to allow the military a raise.
Wasn't that nice, Chili Girl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:14 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,913,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
no you idiot lol. its an army procedure, katiana just explained it, standing at attention as katiana said.
But once they were at ease ... why did they not hoot and cheer then? They could have .. but didn't .. why do you suppose that is?

And besides ... refer to my earlier post .. I already covered the fact that they were standing at attention ... katiana merely parroted what I had already said.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:19 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,998,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
But once they were at ease ... why did they not hoot and cheer then? They could have .. but didn't .. why do you suppose that is?

And besides ... refer to my earlier post .. I already covered the fact that they were standing at attention ... katiana merely parroted what I had already said.
It's not necessary to be so snide, and I didn't see that in your post. It's called "How to Lie with youtube". It's a variant of "How to Lie with Statistics". Edit the film to show what you want it to show.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,188,872 times
Quote:
Obama talks "at you" and not "to you"

Dubya, on the other hand, was just one of the guys ... he was casual, kind, and spoke "to" the situation, and "to" the people ... Obama doesn't do this.

Obama wears a suit and tie ... Dubya, wears a polo shirt ..

Obama doesn't feel the need to salute the flag, whereas, Dubya saluted every chance he got.

Dubya spoke in reasonable tones, whereas Obama "uptalks".

Dubya, through all of his bloops, bleeps, and blunders, came off as being more human.
Obama, on the otherhand, is too regimented ... terrified of saying the wrong thing, or mispronouncing even one word.

Obama needs to relax ... it's okay to be human you know .. and the sooner Obama gets his mind wrapped around that, the sooner folks might warm up to him.
Your fellow Repub Obama bashers do NOT feel it's OK for Obama to be "human".

Bush had so many bleeps and blunders because he didn't have a clue about what he was told to say.

Obama didn't wear a jacket in the Oval Office and slobbering Repubs had a hissy spittin' fit.

Obama KNOWS correct Enlgish and can correctly pronounce words...like nuclear.....Bush couldn't...too uneducated and ignorant.

I have no idea what "uptalks' means...you mean in an educated intelligent manner that may not resonate with really stupid Repub Americans....maybe they should raise up THEIR BAR!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM

Didn't see any Obama bashers in the Fort Hood hero thread...........NO respect at all for the heros there!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your fellow Repub Obama bashers do NOT feel it's OK for Obama to be "human".

Bush had so many bleeps and blunders because he didn't have a clue about what he was told to say.

Obama didn't wear a jacket in the Oval Office and slobbering Repubs had a hissy spittin' fit.

Obama KNOWS correct Enlgish and can correctly pronounce words...like nuclear.....Bush couldn't...too uneducated and ignorant.

I have no idea what "uptalks' means...you mean in an educated intelligent manner that may not resonate with really stupid Repub Americans....maybe they should raise up THEIR BAR!
Wow ...

I won't defend either one of them beyond what I see ..

Obama is quite simply, not a people person.
Dubya was.

How hard is this for you to understand?

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, so it's no sweat off my ass anyway .. I simply call it the way I see it.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Maybe after 8 years of war and multiple deployments they're tired....after all BUSH'S right hand geek , Rumsfeld, LIED and said it would be a "three week cake walk".......it wasn't.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Wow ...

Dubya was.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, so it's no sweat off my ass anyway .. I simply call it the way I see it.
How hard is it for you to understand I don't want a fuzzy puppy who DRINKS as a President....I expect more.

Oh, and OF COURSE you're not a Repub or Democrat...this whole country is comprised of Libertarians...join the crowd.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How hard is it for you to understand I don't want a fuzzy puppy who DRINKS as a President....I expect more.

Oh, and OF COURSE you're not a Repub or Democrat...this whole country is comprised of Libertarians...join the crowd.
So do I.

That's why there are no votes from me for the status quo (Democrat/Republican)

Old 11-07-2009, 07:37 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,933,505 times
Quote:
Wow ...

Dubya was.

you dont become president not being a people person. a president is someone the people like, identify with, etc. you have to be a people person to be president. no way around that. when was the last time you saw a pres sitting courtside with the fans drinking a beer during the game? that dont get any more people personish then that.

YouTube - Barack Obama Watches Wizards Vs. Bulls Game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies