Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,038,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
After his support of McCain and insulting of Obama, the party should have stripped this traitor of his chairmanship and kicked him to the curb. Goodness knows many good Democrats were lobbying for just that kind of action...
You said it! He's playing politics while his constituents overwhelmingly approve of UHC and a public option. He sold his soul long ago; sonyc is right...get rid of him and the lobbyist wife. It's like having a coyote in the chicken coop. A rabid coyote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,239,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
So proud of Joe!
Why? He did not do anything honorable. He is going against his own constituency and a position that he campaingned on in 2006. I don't know if you realize it or not, but that is not what a representative is elected to do. Doesn't smell like a rat to you? It does to me. You are not seeing the bigger picture at all.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:03 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,374,675 times
But when Obama flip flops daily you call it changing his mind.

Lieberman knows this current dem controlled congress would ruin it and spend it into bankruptcy, that is why he changed his mind as the current nitswits were not in charge.

How can you trust a group of idiots who in 3 years have done NOTHING but get paid and get raises?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:17 PM

4,300 posts, read 7,061,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
After his support of McCain and insulting of Obama, the party should have stripped this traitor of his chairmanship and kicked him to the curb. Goodness knows many good Democrats were lobbying for just that kind of action...
Yeah because anyone who does not follow the hard line party stance should be hung as a traitor. Where have I heard that before..? Oh right, after the Reichstag fire in 1933.

In any case Lieberman has the right to believe whatever he wants, regardless of party. Flip flopping is not such a bad thing anyways, circumstances change, new information becomes available, and the political climate shifts.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,404,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You said it! He's playing politics while his constituents overwhelmingly approve of UHC and a public option. He sold his soul long ago; sonyc is right...get rid of him and the lobbyist wife. It's like having a coyote in the chicken coop. A rabid coyote.
I think both of you guys are right. His hypocrisy is disturbing. I don't support UHC but I don't have respect for a person who campaigns on it in 2006 only to recant what he said for personal gain.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,404,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Yeah because anyone who does not follow the hard line party stance should be hung as a traitor. Where have I heard that before..? Oh right, after the Reichstag fire in 1933.

In any case Lieberman has the right to believe whatever he wants, regardless of party. Flip flopping is not such a bad thing anyways, circumstances change, new information becomes available, and the political climate shifts.
Does anyone ever question things any longer? How does someone go from campaigning on universal healthcare in 2006 to 3 years later threatening to fillibuster a move to provide health care for more Americans. Sorry but there are no circumstances that force you to change your mind when you were campaigning on UHC. I could understand him changing his mind if he said he was open to UHC or said he would consider it in the past but he CAMPAIGNED on the issue. That is ridiculous. He didn't change his mind. He just lied

I'm against UHC and the Public Option but I also find Washington politicians to be unethical.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,125,571 times
Quote:
Flip-flop: Lieberman promised ‘universal health care’ in 2006
I didn't think flip-flops bothered you anymore?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:31 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,374,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I didn't think flip-flops bothered you anymore?

The ultimate flip flopper Obama is ok, but when someone who knows the people are the boss and they change their mind they are bad people.

I see more dems doing this and Obamascam Care is done, over, cooked.

Change the name, change the look, add another 800 pages to the scambill like Pelosi just did, its all the same and WE the people do not want it.

Do something else congress, you have had control for 3 years, dont you think it is time to start earning your paycheck for once?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,038,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Does anyone ever question things any longer? How does someone go from campaigning on universal healthcare in 2006 to 3 years later threatening to fillibuster a move to provide health care for more Americans. Sorry but there are no circumstances that force you to change your mind when you were campaigning on UHC. I could understand him changing his mind if he said he was open to UHC or said he would consider it in the past but he CAMPAIGNED on the issue. That is ridiculous. He didn't change his mind. He just lied

I'm against UHC and the Public Option but I also find Washington politicians to be unethical.

Now, ain't that the truth? It doesn't take long for the percs to get good to them. Too good. As always, your pragmatism and honesty shine through. Just avoid buses for awhile...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 PM

122 posts, read 429,456 times
Lieberman is obviously not a loyal Democrat and he would not be a loyal Republican either. However, he is very loyal to $$$ so he should be considered part of the "Greed.Over.Principles" group.

He knows he will never again be elected to anything in Connecticut and, like Sarah Palin, has decided to just cash-in his services to the highest bidders and special interest groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies