Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,912,030 times

Advertisements

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Home-sales-rise-94-pct-in-apf-1768521642.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,430,987 times
Yup. Encouraging news - though of course, it's largely folks rushing to buy NOW before the tax credit expires, however, I expect Congress WILL extend the tax credit into next year - which should help to stablize home prices a bit more until consumer confidence rises (which it will).

Ken

Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup. Encouraging news - though of course, it's largely folks rushing to buy NOW before the tax credit expires, however, I expect Congress WILL extend the tax credit into next year - which should help to stablize home prices a bit more until consumer confidence rises (which it will).

Ken
I just want to see the posters who hate good news squirm around a little and see if they can find a way to convince themselves this news is bad news.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM

9,792 posts, read 10,029,587 times
That does sound like good news, hope it holds out and helps to increase home values. Also lets hope it slows down the foreclosure rate:

Quote:
The number of homes lost to foreclosures rose about 17 percent in the second quarter of this year despite the launch of an extensive government program aimed at helping borrowers save their home, according to government data released Wednesday.
Foreclosure Rate Rises 17 Percent - washingtonpost.com

Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
That does sound like good news, hope it holds out and helps to increase home values. Also lets hope it slows down the foreclosure rate:

Good job bringing up some older bad news to try and blunt today's good news.
Does the sun ever shine?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Good job bringing up some older bad news to try and blunt today's good news.
Does the sun ever shine?
Actually it's quite cloudy outside today... May rain tomorrow, but sunny again on Sunday!!

Are you saying there is no room for both sides of the story, or should we just tell the side the WH want's you to tell?

Plus that news is from the same quarter you mentioned, is it not? September 30, 2009.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Actually it's quite cloudy outside today...

Are you saying there is no room for both sides of the story, or should we just tell the side the WH want's you to tell?
I'm not in contact with the white house, so its awfully hard to know what they want me to talk about on this forum.

This thread was about home sales rising 9.4%, hence the title of the thread and the content of the original post.

What do you have against good economic news?
Are you so partisan that you cannot be happy about good news?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I'm not in contact with the white house, so its awfully hard to know what they want me to talk about on this forum.

This thread was about home sales rising 9.4%, hence the title of the thread and the content of the original post.

What do you have against good economic news?
Are you so partisan that you cannot be happy about good news?
Another pot calling the kettle black theory of yours. Did you not read my post, or you just saw the part you wanted and began to hammer me on it. I said the uptick in homes sold sounded like good news, then said I hope it continues! I was also HOPEFUL the foreclosure rate will slow with that news you mentioned.

Is not the optimistic enough for you? But why are you concerned about telling both sides of the story, you hammer people in the Fox threads, saying that Fox is the biased one.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Another pot calling the kettle black theory of yours. Did you not read my post, or you just saw the part you wanted and began to hammer me on it. I said the uptick in homes sold sounded like good news, then said I hope it continues! I was also HOPEFUL the foreclosure rate will slow with that news you mentioned.

Is not the optimistic enough for you? But why are you concerned about telling both sides of the story, you hammer people in the Fox threads, saying that Fox is the biased one.
Sorry for calling you out about your anti-good news agenda.
I do hope your credibility will recover.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry for calling you out about your anti-good news agenda.
I do hope your credibility will recover.
No problem cJ, and it just did!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies