Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 05:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Salary shouldn't matter to him anymore. He must be just as lousy an investor as he is a political commentator.
Salary shouldn't matter to him anymore. I agree he is probably set for life anyways. He must have so much $$$ that he needed to throw it away by investing in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 05:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I laughed, I cried...but I mainly laughed.
It's funny to see Rush portrayed as the innocent victim.
We reap what we sow...
Well now, are you calling Rush a racist? Prove it. Where is the evidence?

Facts please.

It always amazes me that the critics of Rush rely on hearsay for their criticism. I'll bet you (like the rest) have never listened to his show, or have only listened once or twice, and not even for the entire three hours.

But you leftists are just so full of hate you can't help yourselves.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post

He actually had the nerve to conclude, with a straight face, "These intimidation tactics are working and spreading, and they are a cancer on our society."

Not talking about himself mind you!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
What I find ironic is that a man who claims to have "talent on loan from G-d" wanted to by a team with absolutely no talent (minus Steven Jackson, of course).
As a Jew, you should know what he means by "talent on loan from God".

And how do I know you are Jewish? Because Jews cannot spell out "God". That is why you use "G-d".

As a Christian (and we believe we are Jews by adoption) I know (as does Rush) that are talents are gifts from God. And of course this is what he means.

You should know that.

As for the team you speak of, not being a football fan, I don't know if there is any talent there or not.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,223 times
Quote:
Originally posted by delusianne

He actually had the nerve to conclude, with a straight face, "These intimidation tactics are working and spreading, and they are a cancer on our society."

Not talking about himself mind you!
Sounds like a case of "pot meet kettle" to me.

I really don't get this seige mentality. He and the rest of the talk radio crowd have tons of listeners. And then there's Fox News, which is huge in its own right. But still the liberal media controls everything? Come on.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The NFL is a great sampling of what our society wants , is about?

A vast majority of the country voiced their displeasure?

What planet do you live on?

Anyone ever heard of Al Davis, Oakland Raiders. Yeah the NFL is one to talk.
Funny how this small group of hate mongers became a "vast majority", isn't it?

It amazes me how often the leftists pull the "race card". But they are not "racists". Oh, no!

This episode was so typical of the left. Disgusting, really. This is no different than what they have been doing to people like Sarah Palin and other conservatives whom they feel threatened by. It's really sad what the Democrat Party has become. It is the Sol Alinsky Party.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:37 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Funny how this small group of hate mongers became a "vast majority", isn't it?

It amazes me how often the leftists pull the "race card". But they are not "racists". Oh, no!

This episode was so typical of the left. Disgusting, really. This is no different than what they have been doing to people like Sarah Palin and other conservatives whom they feel threatened by. It's really sad what the Democrat Party has become. It is the Sol Alinsky Party.
Yep!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Sounds like a case of "pot meet kettle" to me.

I really don't get this seige mentality. He and the rest of the talk radio crowd have tons of listeners. And then there's Fox News, which is huge in its own right. But still the liberal media controls everything? Come on.
You "come on".

Though it is true that Fox News is the most watched to cable news network, it cannot be said that they "control" anything. The rest of the media is controled by (primarily) by leftists, who all use the same source (the AP) for most of their coverage and stories. There is little originallity, and virtually no investigative journalism.

Fox breaks news, and days later (sometimes a week or more) someone else will pick up the story (the Van Jones story, comes to mind). They are all "Jonny come latelys".

This is so bad that apparently CNN now has someone watching Fox News in order to find out what stories are breaking!

As for your comment ("pot meet kettle") regarding Rush, could you provide any kind of support for such comparison? Please. Something Rush has done? Anything at all? It might give you some credibility.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,469,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It always amazes me that the critics of Rush rely on hearsay for their criticism. I'll bet you (like the rest) have never listened to his show, or have only listened once or twice, and not even for the entire three hours.
Three hours??? If you've got that much time to waste, something is missing from your life. Maybe it's this much-more-interesting-than-Rush internet game...

Powder Game

Old 10-17-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
That is funny. He fails and blames everyone else around for the failure. One can only hope that some day he chokes on that dog turd he smokes and chomps on every day, or he od's on a drug. Not that I'm against free speech, but if one opens their mouth, they should at least be honest and truthful with the subject they're speaking about. 20 million listeners a week? such a loyal following, are they counting the same people 10 times?
Well this is typical leftist hate speech, is it note?

Rush didn't "fail". I think it's more like others failed him. Checketts should have stuck by him, if he were a true friend. Checketts caved to a bunch of leftist bigots.

Ohhhhhh, "not that [you're] against free speech"! Really, now?

Please provide evidence for your assertion that Rush is not being "honest and truthful with the subject [he] is speaking about". Can you? Are you trying to claim it did not happen as he said it did?

And how do you know this, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies