Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,031,458 times

Advertisements

More proof Obama policies are working!

http://mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/F...52027420091008

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of U.S. workers filing new claims for jobless insurance hit a nine-month low last week and retailers reported their first monthly sales gain in over a year on Thursday, easing fears that recovery from recession would be unsustainable.
The Labor Department said on Thursday initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 33,000 to a seasonally adjusted 521,000 last week, the lowest level since early January. That was below market expectations for 540,000.
Go Obama !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 01:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,466,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Jobless claims hit 9-month low, retail sales rise

Go Obama !!!
While I won't say "Go Obama" with you I will "raise the roof" for the economy

I went shopping Saturday and the mall was packed. Couldn't find a parking space and couldn't even walk next to my mom there were so many people. I wanted to yell "don't you all know we're in a recession! Go home!"

Now I gotta hurry and buy all my Christmas presents before the stores stop doing round-the-clock sales

Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,085,412 times
Quote:

Go Obama !!!
Man you really need an education.

Can't you just be happy the american people are the ones who will return this nation to prosperity?

It has nothing to do with your lover in charge.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
While I won't say "Go Obama" with you I will "raise the roof" for the economy

I went shopping Saturday and the mall was packed. Couldn't find a parking space and couldn't even walk next to my mom there were so many people. I wanted to yell "don't you all know we're in a recession! Go home!"

Now I gotta hurry and buy all my Christmas presents before the stores stop doing round-the-clock sales
That is great to hear!

I'm guessing retailers will have a terrific xmas in comparison to last year.

That should be a big boost to the economy.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:21 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,285,940 times
Quote:

Go Obama !!!
Unemployment is at 9.8% and is suppose to go above 10 % and then stay there. After Obama promised us it would not go above 8.5% if we passed his stimulus. And you think it is good that new Jobless claims fell to 521000 new claims. That is one million new jobless people every two months to add to the 9.8% unemployment.

And you use Orwellian new speak and call it good news.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Man you really need an education.
Ditto!

This exact time last year we were facing the worst recession since the great depression.

Stock Market was dropping 300 points a day.

And thanks to major efforts by Obama (stimulus, cash for clunkers, 8K for 1st time home buyers, etc), the economy is on the rise!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:25 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,716,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Unemployment is at 9.8% and is suppose to go above 10 % and then stay there. After Obama promised us it would not go above 8.5% if we passed his stimulus. And you think it is good that new Jobless claims fell to 521000 new claims. That is one million new jobless people every two months to add to the 9.8% unemployment.

And you use Orwellian new speak and call it good news.

:-) agreed and who are we at war with now.
It could get better and or it could get worse.
It would seem to me if we wanted people to spend some more, we might want to consider trying to believe in the people.
Temporary remove all income tax for 1 year ... I wonder what would happen. :-)
I know this when they put the tax back on the people might revolt and realize we dont need the government.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,466,405 times
Quote:
And thanks to major efforts by Obama (stimulus, cash for clunkers, 8K for 1st time home buyers, etc), the economy is on the rise!
I have to disagree with you on that comment. Just like I don't blame Bush (or Clinton) for the way the economy fell; I don't(won't) credit Obama with any economic rising.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:29 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,285,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
:-) agreed and who are we at war with now.
It could get better and or it could get worse.
It would seem to me if we wanted people to spend some more, we might want to consider trying to believe in the people.
Temporary remove all income tax for 1 year ... I wonder what would happen. :-)
I know this when they put the tax back on the people might revolt and realize we dont need the government.
I agree and have said if we want to stimulate the economy get rid of the income tax for one year. that would so more than any government program. Can you imagine what it would be like to take home your money

Old 10-08-2009, 01:29 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,085,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I have to disagree with you on that comment. Just like I don't blame Bush (or Clinton) for the way the economy fell; I don't(won't) credit Obama with any economic rising.
A very wise person you are. But we all know the op was just trolling along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies