Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM

127 posts, read 404,724 times

Advertisements

I am a proud Obama hater - I hate everything he stands for, represents and who he surrounds himself with. I would take 12 years of Bill Clinton instead of 1 month with Obama. Go ahead liberals, I am ready - call me a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,050,564 times
As has been pointed out, Medicare and VA hospitals are already paid by the federal government. Most who have adequate insurance will stay with that company. Having things under one umbrella would cut costs and expedite care.
I understand your counter-point, but must ask why, given that the federal government financially assists with R & D, that situation would change? Non-profit organizations will continue to donate, and
big pharma will continue to develop meds from petrochemicals rather than use natural substances;
the operative ingredient in Valium is found in valerian root, but people who are taking it are taking a
chemically created form.
As for our present system being "leaders in medical technology," that doesn't seem to improve the level of our care.

Measuring the Health of Nations: Updating an Earlier Analysis - The Commonwealth Fund

******* United States Has Higher Death Rate Than Most Other Countries

These numbers are inexcusable, particularly the infant mortality rate.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,920,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
I am a proud Obama hater - I hate everything he stands for, represents and who he surrounds himself with. I would take 12 years of Bill Clinton instead of 1 month with Obama. Go ahead liberals, I am ready - call me a racist.
Do you hate the majority of voters in the country also?

And what is there to be proud of?
Ignorance?

Or are you one of the rare 'enlightened' Obama-haters?
(those who hate Obama blindy and without reason, but have half a clue)

Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM

436 posts, read 913,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian View Post
I have a very simple question for all of you people out there who are ripping Obama health care plans apart.

What should the US do about it's health care situation? What is Obama doing wrong? What exactly do you not like about it?

It seems like most people against health reform just have a blind hate for Obama. Rather than disagreeing with what he is doing exactly, they just don't trust Obama himself and don't like his overall views.

So, obviously the US does need to do something. What should we do?

Lower taxes, thus stimulating the economy, creating more jobs and people can pay for their own health care and here is a concept be sufficient and not look to the government for a handout thus giving up more rights and power, keep government out of business.
This country needs another Regan. I like the the concept of work or don't eat. I like capitalism and having my own money.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
Lower taxes, thus stimulating the economy, creating more jobs and people can pay for their own health care and here is a concept be sufficient and not look to the government for a handout thus giving up more rights and power, keep government out of business.
This country needs another Regan. I like the the concept of work or don't eat. I like capitalism and having my own money.
After adjusting for inflation, Reagan's 1982 tax hike is the largest in history.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,932,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
What exactly makes you think the Medicare and Social Security Administration have been run so poorly? How do you feel about the way the government has run libraries, fire departments, police departments and the postal service?
heh heh ... I see you've been watching all of those youtube videos ..

75% to 80% of our nations fire departments are volunteer ... the USPS is going into bankrupcy ... SSA has been double dipped (borrowed against) more times than that naughty girl in the 9th grade (you know the one I mean .. every school has one) ... and because of extremely low reimbursement practices, more doctors are refusing to accept Medicare/aid ... Police departments are dependent on "local" budgets (if a city doesn't have enough tax revenue in a fiscal year to justify keeping police officers on the payroll, then we find the officers that were laid off flipping burgers at McDonalds)
Libraries are in the same boat as the Police department .. they even get less money from local budgets, and many are forced to do donation drives just to keep the doors open.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:00 PM

127 posts, read 404,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Do you hate the majority of voters in the country also?

And what is there to be proud of?
Ignorance?

Or are you one of the rare 'enlightened' Obama-haters?
(those who hate Obama blindy and without reason, but have half a clue)
52% of the population who votes voted for him, that's not a majority. Based on recent Obama disapproval numbers, the country is waking up and realizing their mistake(those who voted him), so I have realized many people were duped thinking he was a centrist. I have plenty of reasons to hate Obama, it certainly isn't a blind hate. The only people who are ignorant are those who ignore Van Jones, Cass Sunstein, John Holdren and other radicals Obama aligns himself with and believe everything Obama tells them.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
52% of the population who votes voted for him, that's not a majority. Based on recent Obama disapproval numbers, the country is waking up and realizing their mistake(those who voted him), so I have realized many people were duped thinking he was a centrist. I have plenty of reasons to hate Obama, it certainly isn't a blind hate. The only people who are ignorant are those who ignore Van Jones, Cass Sunstein, John Holdren and other radicals Obama aligns himself with and believe everything Obama tells them.
Not even half a clue.
And since when is 52% not a majority?

Old 09-11-2009, 02:42 PM

436 posts, read 913,969 times
Well I will bash Obama and Polizi every chance I get until freedom of speech is taken away from us, then I still bash them till they silence me for ever, they are the worst thing ever to happen to this country, he has no right to be in the White House the sheeple really made a big mistake in this so called hope and change, total BS and the sheeple all bought it.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
Well I will bash Obama and Polizi every chance I get until freedom of speech is taken away from us, then I still bash them till they silence me for ever, they are the worst thing ever to happen to this country, he has no right to be in the White House the sheeple really made a big mistake in this so called hope and change, total BS and the sheeple all bought it.
So your goal is to have the first amendment revoked.
Patriotic.

If you display some knowledge of facts, maybe you'll be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies