Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:49 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,774,685 times

Advertisements

When it comes to Obama, I'm pretty far right, and I have no issues with the speech. Once again, y'all are purposely trying to polarize and/or make up sh*t about what people think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 11:49 AM

22,284 posts, read 19,653,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
give the right-wingers an hour or so, til the bloggers figure out a way to twist some phrase in the speech to indicate pure commie/nazi EVIL. or maybe til the next limbaugh or beck broadcast. then the right wingers on this forum will have more to say.

Ahhh wait I got it. The speech will be delivered in Arlington, VA, and well we know from last year's campaign Arlington is 'communist' country.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM

124 posts, read 304,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
give the right-wingers an hour or so, til the bloggers figure out a way to twist some phrase in the speech to indicate pure commie/nazi EVIL. or maybe til the next limbaugh or beck broadcast. then the right wingers on this forum will have more to say.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,333,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I do, too...and I can see it being delivered by ANY President, regardless of political affiliation.

All the fuss over this...much ado about nothing.
But they have change the sp-eech and even the suggestion that child write a theme on what they can do to help the prewsdient. They dropped that for a reason.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:54 AM

124 posts, read 304,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But they have change the sp-eech and even the suggestion that child write a theme on what they can do to help the prewsdient. They dropped that for a reason.
maybe knowing some of the parents have problems understanding the speech?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:57 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,743,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
When it comes to Obama, I'm pretty far right, and I have no issues with the speech. Once again, y'all are purposely trying to polarize and/or make up sh*t about what people think.
good for you, but there are plenty of people on this forum who are not as reasonable as you. did you not notice the freakout and huge assumptions being made over the last few days over this speech, when no one knew exactly what was in it (although the white house gave a description of the contents of the speech and specified that it would not include policy). did you not notice people flipping out over the phrase "how can i help the president" being used in the discussion questions? or the fact that there even were discussion questions? do you not think that that was a bit "polarizing"?

i'm sorry, but it's clear that the right is much more centralized in where they get their information than the left. you see it all the time - people suddenly all using the same phrases and points, silence from the right on a new issue until suddenly everyone starts making the same arguments. i don't think getting talking points from blogs and the media is by any means exclusive to the right, but it does seem like the right are more often all repeating the same thing. i think whatever the right are doing to centralize their information distribution is actually really strategically smart of them - witness how even with a democratic president and congress, the right still control the debate.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,743,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
yeah because people were upset about it and it wasn't that important to the speech.

it's called compromise, and listening to and addressing everyone's concerns, not just those of your party's constituents. i know it's been a long time since we've seen that from a president. i honestly think obama's been doing it too much, especially considering the fact that his critics, rather than saying "thank you for listening to my concerns", just take any changes he makes as a vindication of their paranoia.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,553,816 times
A wise man would not speak first without having all the information needed to make such drastic and unfounded remarks regarding the speech of the president. To criticize the lesson plan is one thing, but to criticize the speech without any prior text or proof of what would be said to the students is stupidity and to be quite honest just "hate speak." The evil and racist spirit that penetrated this country years ago, is alive and well and quite frankly will never find a resting place here in America. Fools, fools, fools-many of them are!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 PM

22,284 posts, read 19,653,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Have you watched the hysteria on Fox over the last week??

Old 09-07-2009, 12:07 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,774,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Have you watched the hysteria on Fox over the last week??
Fox? Fox talk shows are your example of the average conservative person and their sensibilities and viewpoints?

Then PETA and the CPUSA must be representative of all liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies