Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
YES! 53 30.11%
NO! 123 69.89%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:13 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times

Advertisements

Please, only serious answers/votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
All who love this nation should do whatever they can to make sure his far left , radical agenda fails. He is out to fundamentally change this great nation into a liberal utopia, which would be a disaster for the rest of the country.

Bailouts, auto takeover, HC takover, massive debts, massive deficits, massive taxes, cap&tax - everything we warned about obama before the election is coming to fruition.

There has never been a more radical leftist to occupy the WH in the history of this nation.

You should consider it your patriotic duty to see his policies fail, or at the very least, get watered down.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All who love this nation should do whatever they can to make sure his far left , radical agenda fails. He is out to fundamentally change this great nation into a liberal utopia, which would be a disaster for the rest of the country.

Bailouts, auto takeover, HC takover, massive debts, massive deficits, massive taxes, cap&tax - everything we warned about obama before the election is coming to fruition.

There has never been a more radical leftist to occupy the WH in the history of this nation.

You should consider it your patriotic duty to see his policies fail, or at the very least, get watered down.
Thats not what I asked. I'll ask this again, do you want Obama to fail? i'm not asking if you want his policies or his party to fail. I'm asking if you want Obama (the President of the United States) to fail.

And bailouts, auto takeover, HC takover, massive debts, massive deficits, massive taxes, cap&tax wasnt taking place before Obama took the white house?

How old are you, btw?

Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
And bailouts, auto takeover, HC takover, massive debts, massive deficits, massive taxes, cap&tax wasnt taking place before Obama took the white house?
TARP was the only thing that happened on bush's watch - all the others - obama owns.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:28 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
I don't want Obama to fail. And he won't fail. Life is just a big roller coaster. For any human if we live long enough.

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
better title would be: Do you see that search button? Do you know how to use it?

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
When it comes to him succeding at getting his agenda passed, Absolutely I hope he fails. I pray that he would come to know the Lord and gain wisdom.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:30 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,981 times
Well since he inherited the mess we are in, and I don't think this country can take much more I pray he succeeds in turning things around. Do I think we should blindly follow any president? No. We need to be vigilant. I see no logic in hoping he fails to the detriment of the country so a republican can win the next election. And with this country's luck lately, that would be Sarah Palin. Then we will be going to hell in a handbasket. Bring back Dan Quayle!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
TARP was the only thing that happened on bush's watch - all the others - obama owns.
It all happened on Bush's watch. And going back to Clinton. How do you think we got in this mess? That it automatically happened on election day. And please please tell me what you would have done differently? I do respect everyone's opinion and the right to have them. So please inform me.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Please, only serious answers/votes.
I don't vote C-D Polls ... sorry bout that.

Our President needs to be rid of the ignorance he has surrounded himself with ... tired old ex-Clinton people don't even need to be around him.

The folks he has that's forever pulling on his ear are going to ruin whatever it was he had set out to do in the first place.

He'd be just fine if he surrounded himself with a few smart folks.

I don't agree with his policies, and I'm left wondering at times, if Obama himself finds himself not in agreement with his own policies ... what with all of the idiocy he's appointed to advise him.

He has some fresh ideas? You can't do anything fresh when you're working the same old tired line of the political has-beens from yesteryear.

Obama's collection of misfits reminds me of my college days and all of those wonderful frat parties ... oh yes ... we all got along, and had a great time ... but nothing ever got done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies