Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:22 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So let's see, the stimulus was an unqualified failure, the budget is the largest ever, the deficit is the largest ever by a factor of three, the executive is actually expanding its ability to spy on us and control speech, infomercials instead of press conferences and town halls complete with preselected attendees (union plants, fake kids and fake doctors) asking preapproved questions, bills being passed that haven't been read, cap and trade will tax all domestic energy consumers enough to harm the economy while not significantly reducing CO2 emissions (assuming you buy into AGW) and now a public option that poll after poll reveals the Ameican people do not want. I could go on but why bother? Liberals never have an intelligent defense for anything this administration has done. We just get vague and unsupported accusations of unfettered deregulation by Bush and Reagan causing the current economic downturn and lots Monday morning quarterbacking about the war on terrorism (man-made disasters).

After real people took to the streets, state capitals and public parks around the country to protest the destruction of our nation we hear baseless accusations of racism. After the videos circulate that prove the left is actively promoting violence against peaceful protesters with union thugs we get the complaints of intimidation. The left can organize boycotts of companies that are owned by or employ people opposed to their reckless actions but can't answer simple questions about their own positions. If your positions are defensible, defend them.
Spot on my friend.

I have been asking people on the Left for weeks now about these evil insurance companies. President Obama and the rest of the left want us to believe that these companies are denying all these people coverage. If these accusations are true then it is a clear case of fraud. Why not just prosecute them? Obama is the chief law enforcement officer. All he has to do is enforce the laws already in place. If you started busting some heads for insurance fraud everyone in this country would be happy.

Here's the link to the FBI Insurance Fraud Unit (http://www.fbi.gov/publications/fraud/insurance_fraud.htm - broken link).

If they can announce to everyone an email address for "fishy" statement they can let people know of this website. It took me about 13 seconds to Google it. And I'm not even a well-educated Liberal. LOLs.

All President Obama has to do is bust these evildoers. Then we could have a logical discussion about a public insurance program for poorer members of our society. And no one has to worry about insurance companies denying coverage anymore and Obama can take credit for it. And rightfully so.

But nobody wants to do that. Why not? Probably because insurance companies don't deny coverage. When they do they have a legally valid reason.

Yet, no one on the left can answer why we just don't start busting these guys. The FBI is already authorized to do it.

This entire idea that insurance companies are screwing us is ridiculous. I'm sure there are a few cases here and there. But the State is the one that authorizes these companies to operate in the first place. And it is the State's responsibility to hold them responsible for illegal behavior. Apparently they are letting criminals operate what is portrayed as legimate businesses and won't do a damn thing about it.

But, we need "reform" to do something about the insurance companies? You gotta be a moron to think that.

It reminds me of President Bush and republicans wanting the DHS and Patriot Act and all that. There is no reason to think we needed all that extra money and buraecracy (sp) to stop terrorism within the United States. We could have done it with existing laws. Maybe we needed a few things but it seems they might have gotten somewhat greedy.

I get sick and tired of every time we have a problem in this country politicians come out say they can fix if only we pass this law. Or give them more power. They have enough already. Obama can fix healthcare and insurance companies by going after insurance companies (if they are as bad as he says) and expanding Medicaid or whatever welfare programs we already have. Both sides do it.

If I were an insurance exec I would say come and get us copper. Otherwise shut the hell up. And start suing the Feds for libel or defamation of character or something. But that's probably illegal.

I'm not Republican either.

I have to put that on every post now. If I say anything the least bit critical of a Democrat I'm an evil nazi rascist that worships George Bush. LOLS. Libs are retards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 01:28 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
lol hatred of obama? you mean like the foaming at the mouth bs you mooks spewed for 8 years?
Here's where Democrats went completely overboard about Bush.

Al Gore wanted a recount in 4 counties in Florida. Or was it 5? He rejected any idea of a statewide recount. Which is what Bush wanted if one was going to be done.

Those 4 counties had all democrats on their respective election boards. The population of all 4 counties were heavily democratic. But the Dems accuse Bush of stealing the election? LOLs.

And practically every major newspaper in the country recounted those ballots. USA Today, WSJ. Miami Herald, Washington Post, LA Times, NY Times. Everyone of them concluded George Bush won.

But they still insist he stole the election. LOLs

They are delusional. After that anything Bush did was evil, corrupt or to make oil comapnies rich. LOLS.

I'm not a Republican either.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes the radical left is oh so reasonable and lucid.
LMAO, yea ain't they just. Like the enviro wackos, all about peace love and groovy, that shot 13 head of my friends steers to doll rags with an SKS in the name of protecting the environment. The FBI and BLM rangers couldn't find to much reason in their position that they were soooo justified in their actions due to their superior intellect. Yep, what happened to their left wing ideal about misuse of firearms? OK you lefties, police your extremes, and we will police ours. I would have shot a 'right wing extremist' just as fast as a left for such an action as I just mentioned, but you lefty types . no doubt, have some kind of defense for such things, based on your superior intellect and reasoning powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies