Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are radio stations getting tired of losing money on right wing talk radio.
Yes 18 31.03%
No 40 68.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,420,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I am wondering where you got the impression that "right wing" radio is loosing money?
Lol! I was wondering the same thing. I grew up during a time when the AM band was about all there was on standard home radios and in automobiles. FM became popular in the 1960s but AM has returned in recent years with a vengeance. If AM was losing it's popularity, why would someone be manufacturing the second generation of the world's best AM radio and selling them for over $150?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 PM

10,838 posts, read 14,972,161 times
What a stupid poll.

If they were losing money they would change programs.

Of this you could be sure of.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,575,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Just wondering if right wing radio is getting the boot elsewhere in the country. In MN. One right wing station fired their right wing goons and put on moderates. One left winger was even put on to anchor their morning show. The FM 50,000 watt flagship of clear channel that boosts Limbaugh Beck and Hannity no longer has talk radio on the weekend.

I work in talk radio. They are not losing money.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:07 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,603,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you realize that when you recited "a government that's trying to take over industries" you proved that you're a victim of right wing radio propaganda?
Tell that to General Motors and Chrysler

Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,603,591 times
There isn't much in the way of "music" I care to listen to today since so much of it is prepackaged for teens or is hiphop/gansta rap. I listen to our local talk radio station 105.1 KVOL. Their AM station is more for sports and sports talk and it also does well.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:59 AM

30,215 posts, read 18,787,616 times
Quote:
Just wondering if right wing radio is getting the boot elsewhere in the country. In MN. One right wing station fired their right wing goons and put on moderates. One left winger was even put on to anchor their morning show. The FM 50,000 watt flagship of clear channel that boosts Limbaugh Beck and Hannity no longer has talk radio on the weekend.

"right wing" radio programs (I assume you mean Rush and Michael Savage) make money for stations.

Remember "Air America"? The left wing programs lose money becasue they are boring. Also, the libs have all of television and newspapers, so they have essentially every media outlet except radio.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:11 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,596,113 times
Quote:

What?

Without their daily dose of hate radio, how will conservatards know what to think?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 AM

100 posts, read 306,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Without their daily dose of hate radio, how will conservatards know what to think?
Pot calling the kettle black... I will agree that conservative talk radio, depending on who you listen to, have an "aggressive" disdain for stupidity from our current government officials.

I mean, how do you make your point when most media outlets, with the exception of talk radios, are telling you how wonderful everything the government has done will be better then what was poorly done everywhere else and everything else they've done.

Just tell me what percentage of my income you want to take that will make you happy.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:45 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,447,506 times
If you have Sirius, you can listen to either The Patriot (right) or Left (duh...left). If you take five minutes, you'll notice that The Patriot has debate, and while it does get heated, it stays classy and doesn't resort to third grade levels. Yes, they call all these ideas that the administration is trying to push on us stupid, but that's what they are...stupid.

If you turn on Left for a few minutes, you'll hear constant cursing, name-calling and yelling. It's something you can't listen to with your children in the car. There's no intelligent debate. Just trying to call names to discredit the conservative movement.

To me, that's pretty indicative of the different sides of the aisle.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:50 AM

37,820 posts, read 41,132,981 times
Quote:
Not asking whether it's popular or not. I'm asking if the stations are tired of losing money on it. We know that Limbaugh has not made money for clear channel for a long time. .
Where's that coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies