Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 08:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,971,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Yes, and I touched upon this towards the end of my post. I agree, but I also dislike it when people use citation as a weapon - that was the point I was trying to make - that the content behind the link is what's important - not just the fact that you provided a link.

My secondary point was that asking for citation for personal experience is silly avenue to go down.
When you have a conversation with someone sitting across the table from you they know you. We don't know you. We don't know what your personal experience is and we don't know what is truth or fiction. You don't need to cite everything. Certainly, an opinion does not need to be cited, but when posters state something as being fact that can be proven or disproven they should post a cite. This is the only was to sift through propoganda. When someone makes claims that seem far fetched, othewise they lose credibility and we call BS>

Old 08-08-2009, 08:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,294,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Have any of you read the crap by Rahm Emanuel's brother who happens to be a doctor and who happens to be involved in shaping Obamacare? Downs Syndrome children do not contribute to society and will not be permitted to be born if this man has his way.
OMG. You can't possibly believe this crap?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,294,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
To the people who say I should not worry, you are clueless. I have been in the medical profession for more than 20 years. I know I have comorbid conditions. I should be very afraid. Treatment will be based on life expectancy. I don't know why the Dems deny that.
They deny it because it's not true.

If you were really interested in knowing the truth, you'd do your research. Instead, that colored man in the White House scares you so much that you are a perfect target for right-wing scare tactics. All the lies you believe have been disproven everywhere--except, of course, on FOX and on wingnut blogs.

Sooner or later, if you want to be a responsible adult, you have to commit to searching out the truth rather than listening only to the people who confirm your own biases and prejudices.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:09 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,446,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
When you have a conversation with someone sitting across the table from you they know you. We don't know you. We don't know what your personal experience is and we don't know what is truth or fiction. You don't need to cite everything. Certainly, an opinion does not need to be cited, but when posters state something as being fact that can be proven or disproven they should post a cite. This is the only was to sift through propoganda. When someone makes claims that seem far fetched, othewise they lose credibility and we call BS>
I travel for work, all over the US and Canada, and sometimes Europe too. I have political conversations with many, many people I do not know, yet no one is producing or demanding citation.

Again, I am NOT saying citation is a bad thing - it is certainly just the opposite - I am saying that some people online tend to become bit more focused/reliant on it than I think is necessary. Mostly those who use it as a weapon.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,220,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
No I wasn't. Not ever, in this Universe!

I share the vast majority of your positions and you are one of my favorite posters!
oooh! marry me!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,654,613 times
Palin seems to be implying that it is immoral to withhold health care from people who need it - which would seem to support some type of universal health care plan.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,023,312 times
Quote:
"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care," the former Republican vice presidential candidate wrote.

"Such a system is downright evil," Palin wrote on her page, which has nearly 700,000 supporters. She encouraged her supporters to be engaged in the debate.
Sounds about right.

Go cuda go.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,218,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sounds about right.

Go cuda go.
I don't think Palin is a true American, I think she is a foreigner... I mean she talks with a slang that reminds me of an Eastern Block Country, Pre Cold War Era of course.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,220,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sounds about right.

Go cuda go.
Unfortunately cuda is not describing the bill honestly. Why would she use her own child in a cheap ploy to get Repugs seated in 2010?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:21 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,277,598 times
So I didn't read through all these posts, but, why in hell would anyone even have one thought about palin the quitter. She quit this state, though she wasn't worth crap anyway, now people want her for the country, she'll quit. She is nothing but a loser, her and her whole family.

Last edited by Nephler; 08-08-2009 at 10:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies