Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:41 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,255,936 times

Advertisements

It might just be that there are some crazy Hippie types with little oversight from the Feds, or perhaps they really do want to throw the system out the window by indoctrinating young folks with crazy folks. I think Americorps will be eventually 250,000 compared to 75,000 now or something.

So I just joined, our 1st day, we watched Zeitgeist, and it was talking about our soldiers as "brainwashed assassins" and moving from a monetary economy to a "resource based one" and if everything was free no one would steal because it's all ours

Does this scare anyone? This is a program created under the Recovery program, and I have said too much, but if I'm going down, I'll make sure the world knows what is going on in the program that Gerald Walpin got fired over.

In the mean time, I'll just collect my $1000 per month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 07:15 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,255,936 times
No one?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:31 AM

765 posts, read 1,864,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
It might just be that there are some crazy Hippie types with little oversight from the Feds, or perhaps they really do want to throw the system out the window by indoctrinating young folks with crazy folks. I think Americorps will be eventually 250,000 compared to 75,000 now or something.

So I just joined, our 1st day, we watched Zeitgeist, and it was talking about our soldiers as "brainwashed assassins" and moving from a monetary economy to a "resource based one" and if everything was free no one would steal because it's all ours

Does this scare anyone? This is a program created under the Recovery program, and I have said too much, but if I'm going down, I'll make sure the world knows what is going on in the program that Gerald Walpin got fired over.

I think a resourced-based economy means every one gets the same quality if there are resources for it.

For example, instead of different kinds of cars in terms of quality, in a resource-based society...all cars/vehicles would be of same quality (best quality). Since money does not exist, there is no reason to create cheap cars since no one will want them, everyone will want a high quality car.

A world without money would mean everything is top notch and people have no reason to be materialistic. Why should they? Materialism is a result of money, the more cars you buy, the better you feel because you bought something of a value that most people cannot afford. If money disappears, this would not exist. Everyone would be equal and get the same top notch quality cars.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 AM

765 posts, read 1,864,362 times
I think the resource-based economy is better than what we have today albeit not a perfect world.

We are so embedded into the fabric of our society that we cannot even visualize or imagine a world without a monetary system. That is the problem. If we can't imagine, then it cannot happen. If we were to think what the world would be like without a monetary system, we would find pros and cons. The pros would be no labor, no greed, no wars, no famine, no pollution etc. The con would be that...how do we know whether its gonna work or not? Changing a system is not easy and take a long time. If it fails, what do we do? Go back to our capitalistic society? I don't know but a resource-based economy has some startling implications that we think is not possible in today's society.

Also keep in mind that, in a resource-based economy, since there is no reason to be materialistic or greedy, you do not worry about what you obtain. You might think that it sucks because people need ambitions in life so they can buy a beautiful house with a swimming pool and a Bentley out front. Well, in a resource-based economy, you do not worry about what you have and since you do not work, you are practically a free man in every sense of the word. So you think people will be lazy all the time and do nothing, but in reality once you take money and materialism out of the equation, human beings change. Human beings become interested and ambitious in other things like space exploration, engineering, science, and technology. Pretty utopian to me, but some genius now or in the future should figure out a way how this society can be a reality cuz then that would be a great society to live in.

Last edited by Libohove90; 08-01-2009 at 10:51 AM..

Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,227,975 times
Quote:

I dont believe you are in Americorps.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,227,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
I think the resource-based economy is better than what we have today albeit not a perfect world.

We are so embedded into the fabric of our society that we cannot even visualize or imagine a world without a monetary system. That is the problem. If we can't imagine, then it cannot happen. If we were to think what the world would be like without a monetary system, we would find pros and cons. The pros would be no labor, no greed, no wars, no famine, no pollution etc. The con would be that...how do we know whether its gonna work or not? Changing a system is not easy and take a long time. If it fails, what do we do? Go back to our capitalistic society? I don't know but a resource-based economy has some startling implicatiosn that we think is not possible in today's society.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,623,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont believe you are in Americorps.
I second that.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 PM

445 posts, read 1,347,364 times
I did a year in Americorps NCCC.
There were no such 'indoctrinations' in the program, other than a brief, two hour 'lecture' by since exposed fraud, "motivational speaker" Jah-Rel Muata Kiongozi where he basically repeated sections of Louis Farrakhans speach from the Million Man March to his captive audience of young, highly impressionable lillywhite idealists who were too dumb to see through him.

The reason they hired him was to gently explain some of the various "cultural differences" NCCC members were about to experience. This was a big deal when a lot of them were "doe-eyed farmgirls from Northern Minnesota" types, who hadn't the slightest clue what they were getting into when they were sent on project in the Bronx or Baltimore, etc, etc.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:26 PM

445 posts, read 1,347,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post

Also keep in mind that, in a resource-based economy, since there is no reason to be materialistic or greedy, you do not worry about what you obtain. You might think that it sucks because people need ambitions in life so they can buy a beautiful house with a swimming pool and a Bentley out front. Well, in a resource-based economy, you do not worry about what you have and since you do not work, you are practically a free man in every sense of the word. So you think people will be lazy all the time and do nothing, but in reality once you take money and materialism out of the equation, human beings change. Human beings become interested and ambitious in other things like space exploration, engineering, science, and technology. Pretty utopian to me, but some genius now or in the future should figure out a way how this society can be a reality cuz then that would be a great society to live in.
This is a classic example of the sort of delusional idealism I experienced in NCCC. I sure hope you're 18-24, because if you're any older than that and still have yet to figure out the most basic precepts of human nature, well, hate to be you.

"IF WE JUST DEVISE A MORE HIGH-MINDED, IDEALISTIC SYSTEM, PEOPLE WILL SUDDENLY CHANGE AND GET IN LINE BEHIND IT!"

Here's a simple metric to determine if your 'idea' is valid or not.
If in any way, shape or form it's predicated on everyone suddenly snapping together and behaving in a collective interest, it's never, ever, ever, ever going to happen. You don't even have everyone in this thread on your side. If you seriously believe that innumerable people across an array of different cultures, ehnicities and life experiences are going to forsake their own self interests in favor of some starry-eyed "system", well, I'd bet your aren't very good at things requiring objectivity.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,625,897 times
Quote:

You may dm me if you like. I'm offering my support. I served only 3 months. At the third month they had a 'stressed VISTA', on their hands.

I went to PSO (post service orientation) and it was there I learned what I thought was the volunteer position I had signed up for was not the volunteer position I had in mind at all. There were several things I learned during the training that I had not been told up front.

But the description of volunteer in service I brought that up at our first team meeting. I explained that I had spoken to several folks at the training and asked if they too had understood or not. They had all said not.

So I said to the person in charge that maybe they could find a better way of explaining? Could be helpful? She then asked the rest of the team what they thought, had they understood? All but one raised their hands.

I was later sent an email that I had been manipulative with the team and had solicited that response. My little mind could not believe they would think that about me so I stressed. At the third trip to the ER, I resigned.

Then found out that I could not take a government job since I had not finished out my term. Which adds to one more thing they failed to mention at start up.

My official statement as I can not by any means say anything else about the experience, "Americorps was not a good fit for me."

Be careful of the undertoe; if you're a wimp like me, well... I wish you the best of luck in your year of service. I sincerly mean that with all my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies