Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,434 times

Advertisements

A person should not get off on a crime just because of favors done in monetary value and buy their way into the legal system, All Laws should apply to every one, and it should not depend on how much they make or how much they own or how they stand in the community. Let's take for instance the dog massacre that happened and the Luckinbil's got off because they owned a lot of property and sorta bought their way into the D.A.'s Office. Who are they? They are still the same as the other guy who has nothing and is striving to make it in this world just like every one else.What makes them any different then the low peon should get off, too. The law and state statutes were written for everyone and it does not exclude any one that has a lot of money or a lot of property. In the state statutes it does not say in there if you are wealthy or own a lot of property you are excluded,no it does not say that at all. It does not exclude ANYONE from the law if you break it you have the same responsibilities as if you don't break it you have to face the same consequences as any one else and you should not be segregated because of your statute in the community. i say people of higher statue break laws too and they should serve the same consequences as any one else who breaks the law. It should not be because of case laws or letting them slip through the loop holes of the law and con their way out of it or buy their way out of it. They should face the same consequences as any one else who breaks the law.If i am wrong show me differently according to the state statutes and prove to me that i am wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 04:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,177,644 times
Regardless how much you own or how much money you have, if you break the law you will go behind bar.

BUT!!!!!!!!

If you know someone, you will get off it. Look at Jon Corzine, an Obama's boy, stole 1.6 billion or so, and no charge was press.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Regardless how much you own or how much money you have, if you break the law you will go behind bar.

BUT!!!!!!!!

If you know someone, you will get off it. Look at Jon Corzine, an Obama's boy, stole 1.6 billion or so, and no charge was press.
Maybe in lalaland, but in the real world, money talks and bull**** walks.

Lot's of folks with money get away with murder, literally and figuratively

Old 12-29-2012, 06:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Maybe in lalaland, but in the real world, money talks and bull**** walks.

Lot's of folks with money get away with murder, literally and figuratively
Unfortunately so. Analyze the sounds in the word justice. Sounds a lot like just us, doesn't it? Us useless eater plebs get the shaft. We have to fall on our swords but the ultra rich just buy their way out of trouble. So-called "cost of doing business"

Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiebjdancer View Post
A person should not get off on a crime just because of favors done in monetary value and buy their way into the legal system, All Laws should apply to every one, and it should not depend on how much they make or how much they own or how they stand in the community. Let's take for instance the dog massacre that happened and the Luckinbil's got off because they owned a lot of property and sorta bought their way into the D.A.'s Office. Who are they? They are still the same as the other guy who has nothing and is striving to make it in this world just like every one else.What makes them any different then the low peon should get off, too. The law and state statutes were written for everyone and it does not exclude any one that has a lot of money or a lot of property. In the state statutes it does not say in there if you are wealthy or own a lot of property you are excluded,no it does not say that at all. It does not exclude ANYONE from the law if you break it you have the same responsibilities as if you don't break it you have to face the same consequences as any one else and you should not be segregated because of your statute in the community. i say people of higher statue break laws too and they should serve the same consequences as any one else who breaks the law. It should not be because of case laws or letting them slip through the loop holes of the law and con their way out of it or buy their way out of it. They should face the same consequences as any one else who breaks the law.If i am wrong show me differently according to the state statutes and prove to me that i am wrong.
There has been favoritism in the legal system for thousands of years, when did you wake up and become aware of that fact?

Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,263,395 times
A black gang member shoots a member of an opposing gang in self defense after the latter pulled a gun on him. A rich white homeowner shoots a neighbor in self defense who pulled a gun on him during an argument. Which of these two will more likely be prosecuted? Shouldn't the law apply equally to both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies