Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:16 AM

539 posts, read 701,146 times

Advertisements

" 2009 WorldNetDaily "On this week's 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, President Obama praised the pioneering American astronauts and recalled his own childhood memories in Hawaii of NASA capsules splashing down in the Pacific. But Houston, we have a problem. The president actually lived in Indonesia in 1969. Obama met with Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin in the Oval Office July 20 to commemorate the historic landing. He praised the men for their "heroism, calm under pressure" and "grace." "I think that all of us recall the moment in which mankind finally was untethered from this planet and was able to explore the stars; the moment in which we had one of our own step on the moon and leave that imprint that is there to this day," the president said. (Story continues below) During his speech with the Apollo 11 crew, Obama told the astronauts: The country continues to draw inspiration from what you've done. I should note, just personally, I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out and we'd pretend like they could see us as we were waving at folks coming home. And I remember waving American flags and my grandfather telling me that the Apollo mission was an example of how Americans can do anything they put their minds to. The following is a White House video of his speech: However, Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and stepfather – and not with his grandfather and grandmother, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham, in Hawaii. Despite several statements made by the president about his childhood years in Jakarta, Obama's own White House biography begins with his alleged birth in Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961, and makes no mention of Indonesia. It was not until Obama turned 10 that he moved to Honolulu to live with his grandparents. The White House declined to respond to WND's request for clarification concerning Obama's account of being in Hawaii during the event. The Apollo 11 splashdown took place 1,440 nautical miles east of Wake Island and 210 nautical miles south of Johnston Atoll on July 24, 1969 – just before Obama's eighth birthday."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,185,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
" 2009 WorldNetDaily "On this week's 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, President Obama praised the pioneering American astronauts and recalled his own childhood memories in Hawaii of NASA capsules splashing down in the Pacific. But Houston, we have a problem. The president actually lived in Indonesia in 1969. Obama met with Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin in the Oval Office July 20 to commemorate the historic landing. He praised the men for their "heroism, calm under pressure" and "grace." "I think that all of us recall the moment in which mankind finally was untethered from this planet and was able to explore the stars; the moment in which we had one of our own step on the moon and leave that imprint that is there to this day," the president said. (Story continues below) During his speech with the Apollo 11 crew, Obama told the astronauts: The country continues to draw inspiration from what you've done. I should note, just personally, I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out and we'd pretend like they could see us as we were waving at folks coming home. And I remember waving American flags and my grandfather telling me that the Apollo mission was an example of how Americans can do anything they put their minds to. The following is a White House video of his speech: However, Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and stepfather – and not with his grandfather and grandmother, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham, in Hawaii. Despite several statements made by the president about his childhood years in Jakarta, Obama's own White House biography begins with his alleged birth in Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961, and makes no mention of Indonesia. It was not until Obama turned 10 that he moved to Honolulu to live with his grandparents. The White House declined to respond to WND's request for clarification concerning Obama's account of being in Hawaii during the event. The Apollo 11 splashdown took place 1,440 nautical miles east of Wake Island and 210 nautical miles south of Johnston Atoll on July 24, 1969 – just before Obama's eighth birthday."
Gosh, I hope that doesn't keep you awake at night.....

Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,434,297 times
Um,

He made frequent trips back to Hawaii, and may have been in Hawaii during the summer of 1969.

Just a possibility.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,216,265 times
there's an old thread on this.... slow "news" day at WND.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:49 AM

"there's an old thread on this.... slow "news" day at WND."

Please provide a link to the existing thread. thanks

Old 07-23-2009, 05:51 AM

"He made frequent trips back to Hawaii, and may have been in Hawaii during the summer of 1969."

Indonesia has school during the "summer"

Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,273,413 times
See i told ya Apollo 11 was "filmed" by stanley Kurbrik

Look at the waving flags? if we had the high def tapes, we would hear sound in space as well

Old 07-23-2009, 06:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,786,385 times
Quote:
"He made frequent trips back to Hawaii, and may have been in Hawaii during the summer of 1969."

Indonesia has school during the "summer"
And parents NEVER take their children out of school for a family vacation to visit relatives ... noooooooo! That would mean that he would miss all that Madrassa training wouldn't it!!!!!

please get lives.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 AM

"And parents NEVER take their children out of school for a family vacation to visit relatives ... noooooooo! That would mean that he would miss all that Madrassa training wouldn't it!!!!!

please get lives."

Why all the anger?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,786,385 times
Quote:
"And parents NEVER take their children out of school for a family vacation to visit relatives ... noooooooo! That would mean that he would miss all that Madrassa training wouldn't it!!!!!

please get lives."

Why all the anger?
No anger .. maybe too much Hawaiian and Indonesian coffee this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies