Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:13 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh please.
Let's see, swiftboating, lying about Plame, the war in iraq, the rabid attacks on Clinton, and now the Obamas....
Yeah,like the Rs have their hands clean in any political fighting.
They've already taken it to new lows.

More from a hippie....all of what you said..was true lol...Clinton,swift boat and Obama, all Dem B.S. so why not attack them..Palin really has not done anything to speak of that warrants the liberal media blitz..so stop the non-sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
I don't know who is subbin for Rush

It was Mark---------------

I didn't catch the last name.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:41 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Palin really has not done anything to speak of that warrants the liberal media blitz..so stop the non-sense.
Except nepotism, and misappropriating government funds.

But, you know, aside from that

Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Is this for real? I had trouble telling if it was sincere or not because it sounded so over the top. Of course now conservatives are going to think that everyone who's even slightly left of them thinks this way. I actually like Sarah Palin a lot--She reminds me of a lot of my neighbors in the midwest, but I'd be too nervous to let her be president.
Feel more comfortable with career politicians like Levin, Stabenow and Grandholm? How about BO? Make you sleep better at night?

Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Except nepotism, and misappropriating government funds.

But, you know, aside from that
What the heck do you call czar city and stimulus fraud in the Obama cabinet is?

Quote:
By ANDREW TAYLOR The Associated Press

WASHINGTON – They call it "stimulus" legislation, but the economic measures racing through Congress would devote tens of billions of dollars to causes that have little to do with jolting the country out of recession.
Nashuatelegraph.com: Stimulus bill includes more than dollars to jolt economy (http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090201/BUSINESS/302019952/0/OPINION - broken link)

Oh that's right you don't care because it fits your political agenda. If only she'd appointed 22 "friends" and misappropriated billions. then it'd all be okay.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What the heck do you call czar city and stimulus fraud in the Obama cabinet is?
Do you even understand what you are parroting?

Old 07-08-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Do you even understand what you are parroting?
Yeah, do you?

Quote:
Main Entry:czar Variant(s):also tsar or tzar \ˈzär, ˈ(t)sär\ Function:noun Etymology:New Latin czar, from Russian tsar', from Old Russian tsĭsarĭ, from Gothic kaisar, from Greek or Latin; Greek, from Latin Caesar — more at caesarDate:1555 1: emperor ; specifically : the ruler of Russia until the 1917 revolution2: one having great power or authority <a banking czar>

Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah, do you?
There is no stimulus "fraud," and Obama was elected free and clear.

Next.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 AM

380 posts, read 709,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I was listening to this guy filling in for Rush today who brought something to my attention that was painfully obvious yet profound for me as well.
Liberals are a bunch of dirty fighting scum-bags and the Republicans should really take off the gloves and give them some of their own.

Why is it that we heard so much dug out of the dirt trash talk about Sarah Palin yet we heard nothing about the Democratic Congress' responsibility in the housing crash?

What if Sarah Palin had attended church under a radical America hating racist, would her choice of religion be off limits as Obama's was?

What if Sarah Palin was associated with a known unrepentant terrorist, would we have ever heard the end of it?

The irony of all of this is that unlike the liberals, the conservatives wouldn't have to dig and make up the trash. There is a plethera of known facts / dirt on the Dems, but of course, the statist media would never report that....

I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin by David Kahane on National Review Online=
And what do you call a person who listens every day to a 4 hour radio show hosted by a self-proclaimed OXYCONTIN junky? #@%*&%$ How come RUSH was absent today? Was he experiencing opiate withdrawal and couldn't function at work?

Last edited by contachster; 07-08-2009 at 12:58 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Health: Federal relief for state Medicaid programs for the first two quarters of 2009, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, adoption and foster care services, grants for: community health centers, hospitals serving low-income areas and meals for the elderly, states improving child support enforcement in the first quarter of 2009, community welfare projects, child care programs, immunization programs.
Stimulus Spending, Breakdown by States - The Wall Street Journal Online
Quote:
“The Recovery Act has set aside billions of dollars to create jobs, invest in infrastructure, and fund other measures to counter the current economic downturn. Experience tells us that the risk of fraud and abuse grows when large sums are spent quickly, eligibility requirements are being established or changed, and new programs created.” Dodaro added.
Begun in 1979 as a toll-free phone number, FraudNet has expanded in recent years to receive allegations via the internet, fax, or letter. The public can call 1-800-424-5454 (an automated answering system); send an e-mail to fraudnet@gao.gov; send a fax to (202) 512-3086; or write to: GAO FraudNet 441 G Street, NW, Mail Stop 4T21, Washington, DC 20548. The public may also visit the FraudNet page of our website at FraudNet/Reporting Fraud.
http://www.gao.gov/press/fraudnet2009mar30.pdf

Help do your part and don't ignore the obvious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies