Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,283 times

Advertisements

They talked about this on the Colbert Report tonight (RNC Young Voters Survey - The Colbert Report - 2013-03-04 - Video Clip | Comedy Central).

News Article about the survey:
Daily Kos: Republicans want to know what people under the age of 30 think of them

Link to the survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PXHD8Y

Some of these questions made me go WTF really? Are you guys that out of touch?

I had some........scathing remarks particularly about the state of the party and its relationship with the Tea Party. Or how the GOP loves to focus on issues like Abortion and Gay Marriage which I really really really really really really really really don't give a rats ass about. Where are their plans for our out of control debt or the runaway higher ed costs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
They talked about this on the Colbert Report tonight (RNC Young Voters Survey - The Colbert Report - 2013-03-04 - Video Clip | Comedy Central).

News Article about the survey:
Daily Kos: Republicans want to know what people under the age of 30 think of them

Link to the survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PXHD8Y

Some of these questions made me go WTF really? Are you guys that out of touch?

I had some........scathing remarks particularly about the state of the party and its relationship with the Tea Party. Or how the GOP loves to focus on issues like Abortion and Gay Marriage which I really really really really really really really really don't give a rats ass about. Where are their plans for our out of control debt or the runaway higher ed costs?
They are so screwed.

They can't get whites to vote for them without demonizing minorities.

But they're too many minorities these days for that con job to work.

But if they stop demonizing minorities, why would a white person be stupid enough to vote for a party that is only out to benefit rich people?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
I looked at the survey, and I'm not seeing the insanity.

Except of course for this gem: "Do you subscribe to any political email newsletters?" What a bunch of wackos.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Just wait til the under-30's get whacked with their first bill for Obamacare next year...all the while paying off their school loans while working krap jobs and living at home. I think a whole new crowd of young GOPers is about to be born.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
I liked this one: "Does the Republican Party seem fun?"

Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Clearly people are intelligent enough to know that the surveys arent really for surveys, but a way to gather a name/address/email info, right? I guess the people quoted in the OP arent that smart because Obama did the same exact thing when he was running for President

Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Just wait til the under-30's get whacked with their first bill for Obamacare next year...all the while paying off their school loans while working krap jobs and living at home. I think a whole new crowd of young GOPers is about to be born.
Lol we don't buy insurance as it is.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I liked this one: "Does the Republican Party seem fun?"

If you can call watching Sarah Palin try to form a coherent sentence about any hot button issue, then I suppose the Republican Party does indeed look "fun" like watching a high budget train wreck on the big screen.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly people are intelligent enough to know that the surveys arent really for surveys, but a way to gather a name/address/email info, right? I guess the people quoted in the OP arent that smart because Obama did the same exact thing when he was running for President
Name/address/email weren't asked for.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,997 times
So much substance here... as usual!
Glad there's more than one party - the stupid one or the dangerous one. I lean toward the stupid. (And, glad they are taking surveys! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies