Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
btw this kinda talk will get you a divorce in a jiffy.
Yep! It worked for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005 ~

Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,957 times
If Obama started taxing employee health insurance I will have to consider dropping mine. After years of having a small co-pay my plan changed this year where I have a $1000 deductable. So now I never use my health insurance even if I would like to see the doctor for a few things. Taxing something I never use would push me over the edge to drop it. Would I be able to go to the emergency room without insurance? I hear illegals do it all the time, why couldn't I?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
His phrase that "it's just patriotic to pay more taxes" trumps every other lie he told.
Biden said: "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut."

Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He didn't do bupkis.
You are only fooling yourself if you believe all classes of Americans will not be paying more taxes in the next 3 years.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,176,766 times
Okay guys, let's not make this a personal discussion. Stick to the topic, please.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 AM

683 posts, read 825,511 times
Tax revolt anyone???

Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,880,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You were evidently much happier with George Bush in the White House. (You're going to have to look harder for sympathy, however).
Why is it that every time His Majesty, "O" is called to task about another screw up and/or lie, the only thing you Obama worshipers can do is cry "Bush,Bush,Bush"!! Bush is gone, get over him. Lets concentrate on the idiot in office now, OK?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,596,239 times
Is this such a shocker?? They will say..well we didn;t realize the economy was so bad. So we have to raise taxes to pay off the debt. Liberal loons will say..we don;t care..we will pay for healthcare for everyone..same old story..same bad ending.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,649,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's kept a lot more promises than he's broken.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
More's the pity. He said he was all about change. Too bad he didn't specify what those changes would be. Not like it really matters who the president is though. What we see unfolding today is a long thought out agenda that has been steadily moving forward since the end of the second world war. Each president has done his part to set up the next president to be able to make the next move towards the ultimate goal. We just happen to be witnessing an acceleration of these plans led by Obama's "Yes We Can" constituents. And you know what guy and gals, I don't blame you. You voted for the man you thought would change the world for the better. But the fact is, nothing but sweeping government reform and the removal of the two party deception system will make a lasting difference for the better here in America. As long as we keep playing the game, we will continue to be on the losing side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies