Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You were evidently much happier with George Bush in the White House. (You're going to have to look harder for sympathy, however).
And you and everyone else who is a working taxpayer is gonna have to dig wayyyyyyyyyyy deeper into their pockets just to survive!!! Ever think of that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
Most reasonable voters know his pledge had to do with income taxes.

A new Government program that would help people have affordable health care paid for by additional taxes is not unpopular.

Read it and weep wingnuts...http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...oIvQ4ZVH7pdofQ

Yes you pay for it in more taxes but you get a benefit of health care.

Poor cry baby wingnuts can't get over they lost the election.

Last edited by padcrasher; 06-29-2009 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 07:34 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,702,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Here we go again, another Obama promise and a MAJOR issue with his campaign.

The village idiot is now set to raise taxes on those poor people who he said would never be taxed under his administration.

The Obama promise:

"I pledge that under my plan, no one making less than $250,000 a year will see any type of tax increase," Obama told a crowd in Dover, N.H., last year. "Not income tax, not capital gains taxes, not any kind of tax."

Newsmax.com - Obama Breaks Promise, Embraces Healthcare Tax (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_healthcare_tax/2009/06/28/229497.html - broken link)

He is breaking records with broken promises and lies.
His phrase that "it's just patriotic to pay more taxes" trumps every other lie he told.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 PM

639 posts, read 1,143,429 times
Crying because we see the country we love change overnight into something no rational thinking American could believe would happen. I've done the research and there are locations where they LOVE having American pensioners. Like Californians, Michigans, and New Yorkers are fleeing those insansely hight tax states to tax havens, so too will Americans start leaving the country when they realize that there are many cheaper viable options. I'm going to go on vacation and start considering making some very tough decisions. Crazy wingnut.....ABSOLUTELY not....working since I've been 12 years old because I was always taught you had to work hard to get ahead. 32 years later I have retired from one job and gone immediately back to work. Simple blue collar guy who was never told that it was the government's responsibility to provide for my retirement, my health care, the cars I want to buy, and penalizing law abiding, hard working Americans, while supporting legalization of up to 20 million "ILLEGAL" aliens who have violated our laws. Is there something wrong with the policies of this man.....I believe there are and I believe that America is starting to wake up. Unfortunately it may be too late as he has already forced two insane bills down our throats and is on his way to numbers three and four. Sad, very sad.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,318,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I knew the Cardinals would make it to the super bowl before last football season started. Prove I didn't.

What does McCain have to do with this?

I was thinking the same thing. And these people actually vote.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
His phrase that "it's just patriotic to pay more taxes" trumps every other lie he told.

True, what does the moron know about being Patriotic anyway.

This was one of his major promises and he has broken it.

Lets just do it right and say the ******* plain lied to you people and you all got suckered into it.

Guess you can not trust Obama for his word anymore!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's kept a lot more promises than he's broken.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Wow, what an answer.

He did keep the one where he promised to spend more money then we make didn't he?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:44 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And these people actually vote.
After almost 20 years working politics and legislation I'm of the firm opinion that you'll never get rich betting on the collective intelligence or memory of the American electorate.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,474,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Can you show me where Obama has actually proposed or passed and legislation involving taxing healthcare benefits please? Thanks.

They won't be able to do that.

Kind of like when they claim that the minority party "blocked" the GOP from passing new legislation in regards to regulation during the Bush era. When asked what bill the GOP put forth......crickets.

That's what happens when you have a group of people who are educated by youtube and Wiki.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
we have to pay for things, not sign for things pay for things.
i know i know its a strange concept. but that is how it works.
you dont spend what you dont have.
btw this kinda talk with get you a divorce in a jiffy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies