Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Please identify the "progress" that has been made by Obama in foreign policy.
He's bowed to the Saudi King; shook hands with South American dictator; gave the Queen a iPod. Oh, he did tell the military to go ahead and shoot those pirates after a prolonged wait. He's "deeply troubled" about Iran and wants to let Cubans freely enter the US.

There ya go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,106,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He's bowed to the Saudi King; shook hands with South American dictator; gave the Queen a iPod. Oh, he did tell the military to go ahead and shoot those pirates after a prolonged wait. He's "deeply troubled" about Iran and wants to let Cubans freely enter the US.

There ya go

---------and he is loved by all of America's enemies.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:16 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,733,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
---------and he is loved by all of America's enemies.
Do you ever have any thoughts of your own or do you always just parrot Hannity's talking points?

All the simpleton jokes about bowing (as opposed to Bush kissing?) and apologizing (which Obama has never done) miss the profound shift in the world's relationship to the U.S.

I realize that, as conservatives, you are far more comfortable with the patriarchal stearn disciplinarian father figure. That's fine. That's not Obama and that's not what a progressive value system is. You lost. New philosophy in power. Deal with it.

Even Obama's greatest critics acknowledge that, on foreign policy, he is handling everything extremely well - from giving orders to take out pirates to redefining our relationship with the East and the Middle East in ways that have opened many doors and gotten Israel talking seriously about a 2-state solution, to redeploying our military in a way that makes far greater sense for actually fighting terrorism (remember - the whole purpose for our wars?).

You've gotta do better than the tired old bowing line. This isn't Glenn Beck you're dealing with. Put some of your mighty intellectual gravitas into it. Tiresome.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:18 AM

38,316 posts, read 22,322,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
“Mr. Obama is in some ways presenting a much better face to the world. I wouldn’t call it a soft face, I’d call it a smart face,” Armitage replied. He then took a subtle dig at President Bush:

Think Progress » Armitage: Obama conducting foreign policy ‘in a more intelligent way’ than Bush.
Only time will tell.

If a barrage of artillery or missiles rain down on South Korea, Armitage may want to rewrite his lofty opinion of 0bama foreign policy. BTW, Bush did create the "six party" negotiations, which 0bama is now using himself. So I do not know where Armitage gets off saying;

Mr. Bush just used sanctions and force."

Old 06-19-2009, 08:20 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,134,069 times
Armitage never was a Republican.... or some such.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:55 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,488,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I have never been a Bush supporter. As for Powell, I have no respect for fence sitters that go which ever the way the wind blows.
So you like sheeple who follow ideology blindly without thinking or using common sense..Nice.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:52 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,106,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So you like sheeple who follow ideology blindly without thinking or using common sense..Nice.
No I do not like sheeple which is why I am not a Democrat.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times
Does anyone find it ironic that North Korea has stepped up its nuclear testing ambitions since Obama was elected?

Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,946,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Do you ever have any thoughts of your own or do you always just parrot Hannity's talking points?

All the simpleton jokes about bowing (as opposed to Bush kissing?) and apologizing (which Obama has never done) miss the profound shift in the world's relationship to the U.S.

I realize that, as conservatives, you are far more comfortable with the patriarchal stearn disciplinarian father figure. That's fine. That's not Obama and that's not what a progressive value system is. You lost. New philosophy in power. Deal with it.

Even Obama's greatest critics acknowledge that, on foreign policy, he is handling everything extremely well - from giving orders to take out pirates to redefining our relationship with the East and the Middle East in ways that have opened many doors and gotten Israel talking seriously about a 2-state solution, to redeploying our military in a way that makes far greater sense for actually fighting terrorism (remember - the whole purpose for our wars?).

You've gotta do better than the tired old bowing line. This isn't Glenn Beck you're dealing with. Put some of your mighty intellectual gravitas into it. Tiresome.
i realize that comment was not direct to me, but i seriously doubt most americans think that engaging in two war operations while your country is broke is considered brilliant foreign policy, as well as having a country threaten to lob missiles at one of your states while you threaten them with embargo action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies