Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,084,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmartian View Post
Quite true. There is so much intolerance and hate among people who self-identify as left-wingers. It's quite shocking to read some of the venom that these people write. Quite a lot of them are closet racists, homophobes and sexist pigs.

I used to live in Massachusetts so I know what these people are like underneath the PC facade they wear around all the time. Trust me, it's an ugly sight to see once they start admitting who they really are.
It's quite shocking to read some of the venom that these people write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,292,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Palin is nothing but a dumb broad. What a disgrace she is...to think that Alaskans would actually elect somebody that stupid is mind boggling.
It would appear that Alaskans see qualities and abilities in her that you do not.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,564,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I love when people come on here and actually try to defend her for her intelligence, and support her to be in the White House.

Come on, if you really actually think this women deserves to have such power, than you are just making yourself look dumb. It is like sticking up for Curious George to be a scientist at NASA responsible for putting a man on Mars.

Even if you don't like Obama, it is not hard to say this women is a ditz. If you can't do that, then you are lying to yourself, are not that bright yourself, or just trolling for fun.
Thank you posting without providing any actual content.

Why in your opinion is she not intelligent? Why is she a ditz?

It's amazing reading through this thread. I don't think I saw one negative post about her with any substance. It was just name calling.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 PM

31,731 posts, read 41,270,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Because the FEC dismissed the complaint regarding the use of Republican Party funds on Sarah Palin's clothing during the campaign, I just couldn't resist beating a certain poster's imminent post on the topic of the "Honorable Sarah Palin."

Discuss the dismissal if you like.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - FEC dismisses complaint over Palin wardrobe « - Blogs from CNN.com
It was Republicans within the McCain campaign that made this such a big issue.
Tensions between McCain and Palin camps come to light - Los Angeles Times
But McCain aides said Wednesday that spending on Palin's wardrobe continued well after the convention, with one custom-made outfit showing up around the time of her "Saturday Night Live" appearance on Oct. 18.

As first reported by Newsweek on Wednesday, McCain aides said some of that money was spent on clothing for Palin's children and husband, Todd, who may have received between $20,000 and $40,000 in wardrobe purchases. The money also included thousands of dollars in shoes. Several aides also said the items included jewelry, but a Palin aide disputed that.

Top McCain aides Schmidt, Rick Davis and Nicolle Wallace were flabbergasted by the magnitude of the spending as the receipts began trickling into the Republican National Committee, aides said.

Don't try to lay this one on the Democrats and Obama. It was an internal Republican cat fight gone public.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,612,538 times
Default Does the (Un)Honorable Sarah Palin Deserve an Apology?

I'm kind of sorry that she's such a dumb bunny.

Does that count?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,941,851 times
I'll be very sorry if she doesn't run for POTUS. I love humor!!

Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,835,521 times
She owes all smart women an apology.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,445,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
She owes all smart women an apology.
No she doesn't.

But all those people who call her intelligent owe smart women an apology.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 PM

37,629 posts, read 19,578,989 times
Well, maybe not an apology.

How about a song instead?

Here's Nellie McKay with a special one:

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfG4rpZv6Y[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,835,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
No she doesn't.

But all those people who call her intelligent owe smart women an apology.
OK I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies