Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,260,166 times

Advertisements

Funding universal healthcare will come from many purses---they're throwing around the idea of a federal tax on soda and energy drinks. I dare say it will spill over to other things: fast food, etc. If you're going to get Gumbint healthcare, they're gonna tell you what to eat, how to live---land of the free and the brave my a$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:32 PM

540 posts, read 1,330,634 times
There is no point in arguing with an addict. They have a million excuses and rationalizations

Try volunteering for Hospice and visit some patients dying of Lung Cancer, COPD and Emphysema.

If that doesn't change your mind and make you want to quit, then get a second job to support your habit, because it is only going to get more expensive.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,415,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
There is no point in arguing with an addict. They have a million excuses and rationalizations

Try volunteering for Hospice and visit some patients dying of Lung Cancer, COPD and Emphysema.

If that doesn't change your mind and make you want to quit, then get a second job to support your habit, because it is only going to get more expensive.
Lets see how well you respond when your lifestyle comes under attack and you are told "good" and "get a 2nd job".

Supporting freedom means supporting freedom for those you don't agree with not just protecting your own,and if you allow government to pilage and demonize one segment of society you aren't safe from that having that happen to you also.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Lets see how well you respond when your lifestyle comes under attack and you are told "good" and "get a 2nd job".
So smoking is considered a "lifestyle" now? Good one

Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,639,520 times
Quote:
Let's try again: since when is smoking a "lifestyle?" That's about going as far towards rationalizing what you do as possible. Smoking is not a lifestyle; it's a habit. Regardless of which words you choose to describe it.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 PM

18,410 posts, read 19,061,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Let's try again: since when is smoking a "lifestyle?" That's about going as far towards rationalizing what you do as possible. Smoking is not a lifestyle; it's a habit. Regardless of which words you choose to describe it.

again to use thinking like lifestyle choice is just the addiction talking. I have huge compassion for smoking. people who have never smoked or been addicted to something just don't have a clue. but with that being said, tons of things are taxed and if you want to have that "lifestyle" than pay the price and stop talking about how expensive it is.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Yes Fred......... "Lifestyle"

What about the poor put upon NAMBLA folks? They have an official association and everything. They are all about a particular
Love Lifestyle. We harass the crap out of them. We take away their precious freedom.
We even throw them in prison

I mean, how dare we suppress and try to extinguish a "Lifestyle"

Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I enjoy it therefore it is part of my lifestyle.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
Yes Fred......... "Lifestyle"

What about the poor put upon NAMBLA folks? They have an official association and everything. They are all about a particular
Love Lifestyle. We harass the crap out of them. We take away their precious freedom.
We even throw them in prison

I mean, how dare we suppress and try to extinguish a "Lifestyle"
When my lifestyle interfers in yours like smoking in a building you have just cause to complain.Smoking is banned in most public places mission accomplished for you but now you all feel you must save us from ourselves.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,353,692 times
Quote:
'Hmmm.... I don't make 6 figuire income yet Democrats are directly responsible for making this middleclass boy (me) $50 a month poorer due to their tobacco tax and now I hear they are passing another tobacco tax?

And please don't tell me "just don't smoke"......no it is Democrats who took $50 a month out of my lifestyle.And what is this I hear about them wanting to pass a "carbon" tax that would make everybodies power bill go up?

Seems to me rich people won't be effected by their taxes though huh?,Rich people don't care if they have to pay more for power or cigarettes.......

Grow your own. Problem solved.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yGN63RJCYHE&hl=en&fs=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies