Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM

355 posts, read 447,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Clearly you are too stubborn to understand that all humans have urges. If a teenagers decides to act upon his or her urge to have sex, then they have every right to do so. Just use a condom.

Yeah, we understand that condoms and birth control don't always work. But would you rather have a child have unprotected sex?? I didn't think so.
They have every right to do so? Who says? You?

(1) Teenagers are not of legal age so they technically do not have the same freedoms as adults. This is why they are not allowed to drink, or even get married without consent from a parent or guardian.

(2) Most teenagers are not married, and unmarried people regardless of age should not be engaging in sexual activity. Doing so is sinful and immoral.

(3) Not only is it a sin against God, but teenagers that are sexually active violate the rules and standards set by their parents. I realize many parents are just as promiscuous as their kids these days, but most still want their children to live a clean life, finish school, and not get in trouble.

(4) There is no such thing as safe or protected sex. You reiterated my point that contraception is not fool-proof so it is best to save those so-called urges for marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,504,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
They have every right to do so? Who says? You?

(1) Teenagers are not of legal age so they technically do not have the same freedoms as adults. This is why they are not allowed to drink, or even get married without consent from a parent or guardian.

(2) Most teenagers are not married, and unmarried people regardless of age should not be engaging in sexual activity. Doing so is sinful and immoral.

(3) Not only is it a sin against God, but teenagers that are sexually active violate the rules and standards set by their parents. I realize many parents are just as promiscuous as their kids these days, but most still want their children to live a clean life, finish school, and not get in trouble.

(4) There is no such thing as safe or protected sex. You reiterated my point that contraception is not fool-proof so it is best to save those so-called urges for marriage.
So....if they get married at 18 years old, let's say, and have children then, how is that a better situation? Please answer. 18 year olds aren't equipped to be parents - married or not.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,597,971 times
Quote:
to drink, or even get married without consent from a parent or guardian.

I believe we touched on this on another thread. Let me guess, you believe people who have been a couple for YEARS, I'm saying even 20+ years are sinners STRICTLY because they chose not to get married in church? Oh dear, you are woefully misguided.

Of course parents cringe at the thought of their kid having sex at a young age, what parent doesn't??? But the smart parent is the one that actually talks to their child, communicates & let's them know the realities of life.

Bolded are my comments.

Nothing to say about this one. You're right Yikes, only save sex for those one or two times a year when you want to bang out a kid. Other than that, forget about it. Orgasms suck!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So....if they get married at 18 years old, let's say, and have children then, how is that a better situation? Please answer. 18 year olds aren't equipped to be parents - married or not.
It's better in all cases.

They are legally married in the eyes of the law, and in the eyes of God.

Most of today's 18 year-olds are not fit to be parents, I will give you some agreement on that one. That is more of a maturity issue and a sign of the times. The vast majority of today's 18 year-olds are too immature to handle living on their own away from mommy and daddy, pay their own bills, or even hold a suitable job. Most of them would rather text, hook up, or play video games.

All of this is precisely the reason why they should not be having sex. They are too immature and too unwilling to handle the responsibility that goes along with it.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
It's better in all cases.

They are legally married in the eyes of the law, and in the eyes of God.

Most of today's 18 year-olds are not fit to be parents, I will give you some agreement on that one. That is more of a maturity issue and a sign of the times. The vast majority of today's 18 year-olds are too immature to handle living on their own away from mommy and daddy, pay their own bills, or even hold a suitable job. Most of them would rather text, hook up, or play video games.

All of this is precisely the reason why they should not be having sex. They are too immature and too unwilling to handle the responsibility that goes along with it.
What would be the reasonable age of marriage AND of sex for you then?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:44 PM

9,911 posts, read 10,856,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
no wonder most of them wind up in rehab!
Most of who .....

Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Bolded are my comments.

Nothing to say about this one. You're right Yikes, only save sex for those one or two times a year when you want to bang out a kid. Other than that, forget about it. Orgasms suck!!!
I have nothing to say to you regarding your above writings because your comments are beyond absurd and not worth replying to.

You need some serious guidance. Faith in the Lord will help you. You may not think it will now that you are a pathetic non-believer; but once you read the scriptures, repent your sins, change your ways, and become active in a church, you will truly become a more loving, less bitter, less vulgar person.

You will be happier and you will find that more will come your way if you follow the word of Christ. Heaven or Hell is the eternal destiny for all of us, there is no middle ground. Those who are non-believers or do not adhere to God's command will not have any kind of hope for Heaven. At this stage it is your choice. I cannot make up your stubborn mind for you.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,596,182 times
Quote:
I have nothing to say to you regarding your above writings because your comments are beyond absurd and not worth replying to.

You need some serious guidance. Faith in the Lord will help you. You may not think it will now that you are a pathetic non-believer; but once you read the scriptures, repent your sins, change your ways, and become active in a church, you will truly become a more loving, less bitter, less vulgar person.

You will be happier and you will find that more will come your way if you follow the word of Christ. Heaven or Hell is the eternal destiny for all of us, there is no middle ground. Those who are non-believers or do not adhere to God's command will not have any kind of hope for Heaven. At this stage it is your choice. I cannot make up your stubborn mind for you.
Oh dear.

No no no. I am afraid you got it the other way around. YOU are in need of some serious guidance. Thank goodness most people do not believe in what you believe or else I would hate to see what the world would be today. This country would really be a Christian dictatorship and nobody would have their rights.

Karfurs stubborn mind? You do know the same thing could be said about you, right? You have no evidence that God is real. If he was, EVERYONE who read the Bible or scriptures would become a believer.

Pathetic non believer? Excuseeeeeeeeeeee me.

And just to throw it back on you: You need serious guidance. Faith in Lord Vishnu will help you. You need to read the Vedas and pray every night. You will be happier when you follow the word of Lord Vishnu. Those who are non believers do not have any chance of reaching Vishnu Loge. (Loge is a Hindi word for Heaven). At this stage, yikesamillion, it is YOUR choice. You NEED to become a Lord Vishnu Devotee.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:

This is going beyond the thread point, but what exactly do you think is going to happen Yikes? Do you think that everyone who you think should follow you will become pure, w/out sin, a perfect contestant for heaven? Sorry to tell you, but it doesn't work that way. My god, I have a friend that I just became friends w/again who is religious & she is nowhere near you. I call people like you a born-again christian. To me, those are the worst because they did something that either THEY themselves think was bad or they did something lawfully bad, & in turn decide to repent themselves & turn to god. I think that's funny that you can do AnYTHING bad, murder, what have you, but doggone it! As long as you've "repented" & now have "god" on your side, you're SAVED!!!!! What a crock. You can go ahead & pray for me all you like, I know who I am, my family knows who I am, my co-workers know who I am & best of all, my very best friends know who I am. And guess what? You'll be surprised what you hear about me, because you're so busy being inundated w/your disgust & hate for others & your very own piousness for yourself. By the way, isn't piousness considered evil? Oh, and by the way, you never did answer my post now did you? Interesting.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,129,991 times
I am a "born again" Christian. I was raised in a Christian home with wonderful Christian parents but did not become a Christian myself until I was in my 30s. I actually considered myself a non believer as a young adult. I know there is no way to convey to those who don't believe the difference it has made in my life since I have accepted the Lord. The peace and joy He gives is something I have found nowhere else and would not trade for the world. And being a Christian is not all about the "do nots." It is mostly about the "dos." You know..."love one another as I have loved you." "Whatsoever you do for the least of these you do for me." "Be ye kind one to another, tender hearted, forgiving one another. Even as God for Christ sake has forgiven you." "By this shall all men know you. That you love one another as I have loved you." "Blessed are the peacemakers." etc. etc. I think too often the focus is put on the "do nots"......many that are not found anywhere in the Bible....and not enough attention is placed on the dos. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies