Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:36 PM

504 posts, read 906,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Hey truthseeker do us all a favor. In about 6 months and then again maybe a year from now, redo this poll. It would be very interesting to watch the numbers fall like housing prices and see how the grading changes with it.

Im actually quite surprised as of this writing 50% said an A when his performance is very obviously an F.

Give it time. I see the USA as falling in just a few years.
If it's around I would love to re post, I graded him at an F, He is just a continue of the big FAT LIE, We are all being duped folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 03:39 PM

527 posts, read 1,288,495 times
F. Because he fails. Epically.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:46 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,780,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

But two questions:

1. How will those high-paying "Green" jobs stay in the US without tariffs?

2. As per testimony from last year showcased, unless we re-regulate the Energy Market, and close the Enron Loohole, the banks/financial players will just do to wind, solar, or geothermal, what they've done to fossil fuels: corner the markets and control the prices.

Lastly, (know I just said two, but I gotta get this in) remember Obama ran as a Liberal.

1. Well, maybe we just need to get the industry off the ground like we did IT and hope for the next thing to come along. We made the mistake of believing that because we built industry it would always be here. The Upper Midwest is still waiting for it to come back. It won't, but we can get a few good years out of green manufacturing and a whole lot more years out of managing green industries and finances.

2. I certainly hope they re-regulate.

Like most candidates, he started at the far left to shore up the base and then moved centrist as the election neared. He wouldn't be making these massive expenditures if it weren't for the economic collapse pre-dating his arrival, so you can't really use this particular period as a barometer.

If he continues to overspend and build and never pays down the debt, then he will fail by liberal policy. But, it seems his plan is to infuse and then balance. That's pretty moderate. Let's hope he does it.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,780,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
If it's around I would love to re post, I graded him at an F, He is just a continue of the big FAT LIE, We are all being duped folks.
Thank you for your well reasoned argument. I am wiser for it.

I'm not sure how I was duped. He said what he was going to do. I read it in his "blueprint for America" document. Now he is enacting what he said he was going to do.

I'm not sure what else you want out of a president besides someone who agrees with you.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:49 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,042,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
A+ Barack Obama is a historic President.....attempting to save the country from going down the drain...while those who are responsible for the sorry state of the United States of America are attempting to use the monumental crises to "party build" and are obstructing the real and sincere attempts of our President so they can say he "failed". Indeed with all the obstruction and nay saying....these heroic efforts may fail.....America has seldom been in such straights and when she has like during WWII.....the opposition didnt try to bring us down like we are seeing with the Repubs and conservative Democrats.....

Yes I give Obama an A+ and I pray for our success. God Bless President Obama and God Bless America.
Well said, elston. He deserves an "A" just for signing the Lily Ledbetter Act
ensuring equal pay for equal work for women. You speak for many!

Old 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,043,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
1. Well, maybe we just need to get the industry off the ground like we did IT and hope for the next thing to come along. We made the mistake of believing that because we built industry it would always be here. The Upper Midwest is still waiting for it to come back. It won't, but we can get a few good years out of green manufacturing and a whole lot more years out of managing green industries and finances.

If he continues to overspend and build and never pays down the debt, then he will fail by liberal policy. But, it seems his plan is to infuse and then balance. That's pretty moderate. Let's hope he does it.
That's been our lot since we dropped our tariffs in '73:
Create an industry then watch ALL the jobs from it go overseas.
It's what has caused this depression, and turned US into a virtual colony of China (as seen through the lens of old Mercantile system.)

Zero chances of Obama overspending. His "big" stimulus package was about 1/3 of what was needed- per Krugman, a centerist, hyped as a lefty, by our corporate news.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:56 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,738,728 times
F. He is bringing the country down. He hasn't helped anybody but the big Exec's at all the large companies. He has just continued where Bush left off.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,455,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
A BIG fat F
F No question.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:09 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,119,481 times
An "I" should be his grade. Is it for incomplete, or idiot?

Old 03-28-2009, 04:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,466,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
A+ Barack Obama is a historic President.....attempting to save the country from going down the drain...while those who are responsible for the sorry state of the United States of America are attempting to use the monumental crises to "party build" and are obstructing the real and sincere attempts of our President so they can say he "failed". Indeed with all the obstruction and nay saying....these heroic efforts may fail.....America has seldom been in such straights and when she has like during WWII.....the opposition didnt try to bring us down like we are seeing with the Repubs and conservative Democrats.....

Yes I give Obama an A+ and I pray for our success. God Bless President Obama and God Bless America.
http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies