Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 02:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Shoot the messenger.

You know you don't stand a chance arguing against the their data or methodolgy so you just smear them...LOL

You right wingers are so typical...You jump up and down asking liberals to prove their point and when they do ......you smear the sources.

Can you at least give us a one case of Media Matters lying?

Or is that too much for you?
All I feel I need to do to prove that Media Matters is what it was formed to be is just say "Media Matters" What more do I need to say. Their purpose at formation was to use any method possible to discredit anything not progressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 02:53 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That's some funny stuff there, crasher. Until the election of 2008 was over I religiously watched all those shows that Media Matters talks about and found that they were all about the same but I always thought that Fox was more fair about the questions asked the participants and just a bit tougher on those of both sides. Wallace does a better interview any day than, any of the others.

I wonder how really tilted that panel on Fox is. I expect Hume to lean hard right and often he fools me, Liasson is my favorite in that she doesn't really lean either way, and the other two are just there to act as foils against each other. Lately Juan Williams has been leaning toward the middle more than usual. I think I would prefer to listen to the words of Mara Liasson any day over any of the others on all the channels.

Now I would really like to have Media Matters come out with a comparison of the panels that are often used on Face the Nation and those on Fox News Sunday. That should be a real winner.

Oh YOU watched the shows during this time and YOU thought they were fair?

YOU being a right winger of course.

Well far be it from me to post an objective analyis of the Sunday Shows when I could have just turned to YOU?....LOL

Old 03-08-2009, 02:57 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Why am I not surprised that Repubocrat not only watches Fox News, but actually believes it provides some sort of barometer of the nation.

People have been fired from Fox for not towing the conservative party line, Repubo.

Next.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
All I feel I need to do to prove that Media Matters is what it was formed to be is just say "Media Matters" What more do I need to say. Their purpose at formation was to use any method possible to discredit anything not progressive.
I'll take that as a NO....You can't fault in their report. You don't have an example of them being untruthfull.

[Gee, I'm really suprised another right wing poster can't back up his B.S.]

Old 03-08-2009, 03:15 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
They were discussing the Obama administration and Juan Williams was the ONLY member of the panel who stood up for Obama, everybody else said that they were very concerned with the way this administration is handling the economy. Even Mara Liasson who usually leans more towards the left does not think he is doing a good job.
There are many folks who have their doubts about Obama and I am one of them. While I don't watch Fox much, I do on occasion watch the crawl at the bottom of the screen which I think offers better news on any channel than the talking heads themselves.

That aside, I reject the notion that we all need to simply get behind our President and all pull together in unison towards his vision. I happen to think objective criticism is a healthy thing and often one of the best ways to discover weaknesses in an argument or agenda. This doesn't mean just condemning Obama because he is a Democrat or that he wishes to take politics down a different road as there may be good things to come of this. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, but that doesn't mean you can take your eye off the baby so it doesn't eat the soap or drown.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I do not understand why the liberal posters insist upon discounting any reference to something on FOX News.
Because Fox frequently tells the painful truth about the leftists, their programs, and the failures of such programs, past and present... and the leftists cannot refute them when they do. It's a problem they don't have with stations such as CNN, NBC, CBS etc.

That's why you see them change the subject so often, to O'Reilly or Limbaugh or whatever else is handy, and then call names or make vague, unspecific accusations of "inaccuracy". It's the best they can do.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Interestingly, Chris Wallace defended Obama to Fox and Friends. (Okay, it was a year ago, but still.) They had (typically) edited an Obama sound bite to misrepresent the truth and he called them on it.

Media Matters - Chris Wallace criticizes Fox & Friends for "two hours of Obama bashing" in which hosts "distort[] what Obama had to say"

(If anyone isnt familiar with Media Matters, this entry is a good example of their thorough research of a topic.)

Another site that exposes Fox's bias day in and day out is the often funny [url=http://www.newshounds.us/]News Hounds: We watch FOX so you don't have to.[/url

It cracks me up that Fox - the #1 most-watched channel and a corporate division of the Fox Entertainment Group - has successfully convinced its followers that it's not part of "the mainstream media" - that it, like them, is embattled, angry and afraid.

Someone mentioned CNN as being obviously slanted to the left... are there any sites such as those linked above that regularly expose the liberal lefty bias of CNN?

delusianne, Thanks for the great links!!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:22 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Because Fox frequently tells the painful truth about the leftists, their programs, and the failures of such programs, past and present... and the leftists cannot refute them when they do. It's a problem they don't have with stations such as CNN, NBC, CBS etc.

That's why you see them change the subject so often, to O'Reilly or Limbaugh or whatever else is handy, and then call names or make vague, unspecific accusations of "inaccuracy". It's the best they can do.
ROFLOL......... How about a few examples?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
You libs love to bash Fox..but Fox probably has more views then all those "other" networks combined !
"Probably," can you back this up? Or even try to?

It should be obvious that any dissenting view or idea presented on Fox is there to be shouted down.

The Media Matters link above gives a transcript of Fox's own Steve Doocy (and another one) being quite ungracious to Fox's own Chris Wallace when Wallace dared to criticize.

And of course Fox World is like this. It's not their goal to present actual even-handed news from around the world, or a range of opinion. Their goal is to inspire and maintain one point of view. They encourage viewers to stay narrow, not to look outside and question.

They follow the Henry Ford dictum: "You can have a Model-A in any color as long as it's black."

Old 03-08-2009, 03:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/714.html

Quote:
As the researchers explained in their report, “The extent of Americans’ misperceptions vary significantly depending on their source of news. Those who receive most of their news from Fox News are more likely than average to have misperceptions.
[MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2009 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Please post no more than 2 lines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies