Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:02 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,857,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yeah, Obama is great at multitasking. He is appointing unethical individuals to his cabinet while at the same time getting us even more in the war AND screwing Americans back home with his whack porkulus package. Very impressive multitasking. Even worse than the George Bush multitasking disaster
The results are in on Bush and disaster is not strong enough of a word. Obama has just started taking the test and is off to a great start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 02:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,585,552 times
I didn't say I "loved him". My original topic about him was that he wasn't as conservative as some make him out to be but he's a lot more conservative than President Obama. I happen to agree with his decision on this point. You see, I can agree or disagree with politicians on various points. I agreed with Bush on some things and disagreed with him on others. I could agree with Clinton on Bosnia, Kosovo, and line item veto but disagree with him on other things. If he does get elected president he will probably be one of the most intelligent presidents this nation has had. If you could watch a video of his debate with former Governor Blanco you'd see how sharp he really is. I voted for him each time he ran for office because I felt of the candidates available he was the best one for the job. If it's a choice between Obama and Jindal I'd vote for Jindal in a heartbeat.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 AM

We're still ahead of the national average. Check out the NOLA.com link in my previous post.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I didn't say I "loved him". My original topic about him was that he wasn't as conservative as some make him out to be but he's a lot more conservative than President Obama. I happen to agree with his decision on this point. You see, I can agree or disagree with politicians on various points. I agreed with Bush on some things and disagreed with him on others. I could agree with Clinton on Bosnia, Kosovo, and line item veto but disagree with him on other things. If he does get elected president he will probably be one of the most intelligent presidents this nation has had. If you could watch a video of his debate with former Governor Blanco you'd see how sharp he really is. I voted for him each time he ran for office because I felt of the candidates available he was the best one for the job. If it's a choice between Obama and Jindal I'd vote for Jindal in a heartbeat.
The difference between right and left isI'm not going to mock you any further at this point. I will usually try to have open honest dialogue, as I happen to believe that our strength as a country has been our ability to balance capitalism with regulation and social policy better than anyone else.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:13 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,217,802 times
Quote:
I saw Jindal over the weekend on "Meet the Press". He didn't impress me that much, really! Sounded like he was repeating talking points from the Heritage Foundation. He side stepped a couple of the question whereas David Gregory had to repeat.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
We're still ahead of the national average. Check out the NOLA.com link in my previous post.
That means nothing and not by much, you are in a downward spiral just like the rest of the nation. At what point are you willing to drop your ideology.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 AM

Then if the current administration and majority party in congress have their way then kiss that balance good-bye with the loss of capitalism and the increased social services.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 AM

Our nation has survived downturns in the economy many times before and have come back from those downturns. The worst thing the government can do is kneejerk reaction to those downturns with government control of private industry and hightened government regulations and bailout plans. If a company fails then let it fail. If there's a need for the product or service that company provided then there will be another company that will take it's place along with added employees. Quit rewarding failure with cash.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:29 AM

Jindal not conservative enough for some in La. | theadvertiser.com | The Advertiser
Here's another example of how Jindal isn't as conservative as some make him out to be. See, I'm not a Rush Limbaugh ditto head. Rush thinks of him as then next Reagan and I don't agree.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Then if the current administration and majority party in congress have their way then kiss that balance good-bye with the loss of capitalism and the increased social services.
Really in what way? I think we lost that balance with the Reagan love fest. I happen to believe the whole country accepted the right wing economic ideology even though it proved to be a failure historically. Reagan recognized it and moved away from supply side economics quickly.
Quote:
Our nation has survived downturns in the economy many times before and have come back from those downturns. The worst thing the government can do is kneejerk reaction to those downturns with government control of private industry and hightened government regulations and bailout plans. If a company fails then let it fail. If there's a need for the product or service that company provided then there will be another company that will take it's place along with added employees. Quit rewarding failure with cash.
Have you read the cbo testimony? You should read the whole thing to understand the projections with and without stimulus.
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/99xx/doc9..._Testimony.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies