Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,494,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCollins View Post
Hey, how is telling someone not to break our law, "oppressing them"?

My God, what the F are you talking about? How is letting dishonest and immoral law breakers in another country know that their conduct is not welcome....how is that oppressing them? How is telling someone not to break the law oppressing them? how is telling someone to play by the system of laws oppressive?

another white-guilt product without common sense.

What is oppressive is treating the US citizen the way he/she has been treated, with contempt, anti-White hate and bigotry, lies and deception etc.
Curious how in one post you are telling us the horrors going on in Mexico while in this thread you are telling us we must confine them to it. So what is the answer? Better yet what is the question? I don't think I'm the one is confused here.

I feel the people of Mexico are every bit as much our brothers and sisters as any American. We are all fellow human beings. Everyone deserves justice and a good life. It's that simple. I'd rather remove the border and let them all come rather than build a wall and mount guns to force then to die in the moat. That's the message on the statue of liberty, that is why we stormed Normandy and that is what I believe a moral America stands for. Ike would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,330,803 times
Quote:
It can and does work, and it would be great "stimulus" to the economy because it's dollars spent at home, that won't go to Chinese companies.
Who do you think will make the crappy shoddy prefabricated fencing? It's a boondoggle of massive proportions. $49 billion on a wall which won't do what it is intended to do? Not with my tax money and unlike you I actually pay a fair amount of taxes.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:45 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,480,909 times
I dunno, it's probably because it's a gigantic waste of money. Is there any evidence that a wall would actually do what it's supposed to do.

How about we just end the war on drugs, that's like half the problem right there.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:53 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,480,909 times
Quote:
yes, there is a large fence just south of San Diego and it does work. Is it perfect? No. There will always be some criminals that will break the law regardless.

Just letting Tijuana waltz into the USA is genocide for white people and blacks in LA too. It will bring the USA down to a Third World level with all kinds of squalor and crime.

To allow that to happen would be IMMORAL and UNJUST to American citizens.
As someone that actually lives in San Diego I don't really give a **** about wasting 49 billion dollars on a god damn wall. People from Mexico come here because Mexico sucks, and a lot of this is due to crappy foreign policy from us.

And do you know what genocide means?

Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 AM

I live in San Diego. I grew up here and have lived here for over 30 some years. I own a home here, my family lives here, I will no doubt raise my family here. You don't know much about what you are talking about. The $49 billion wall is a complete waste of money which won't do crap and I'm very happy we're not wasting tax dollars on it. I'd much rather see the $49 billion spent on economically useful things like bridges, roads, and mass transit. You know, things which will actually increase trade and commerce.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 AM

Duncan Hunter is a partisan hack and an example of the worst bigoted and xenophobic nativist tendencies of the Republican far right. I'd trust his opinions about as much as I'd trust Louis Farrakhan's.

As for transient roots in San Diego. My grandparents lived and died here, my mother lived and died here, my father still lives here, my sister and her husband with their three children live here, two aunts (with husbands and kids) live here, I live here. I do have one aunt who lives out of the area in Orange County though. BTW we all own homes and are doing very well, thank you. I believe we will remain here for some time to come. Long after you've packed your carpet bag and gone back to Arkansas or where ever you are from.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Everyone deserves justice, that's why we have laws and those that choose to break them selfishly are doing something unjust.
Again, unjust laws are meant to be broken. Note the Declaration of Independence.

Quote:
The message on the Statue of Liberty has nothing to do with why the French gave us the statue (liberty from 1776 inspiring the French Revolution in 1789), that plaque was part of a poem later added on by a Russian jewish communist (Emma lazarus) who hated White people. That plaque never represented policy or law in the USA, you should google the 1924 immigratoin cutoff and read about reality, not myth.
Thanks for bringing that up. I looked it up in Wikipedia and it is an interesting story which I never really read up on. It makes sense how since the French Third Republic was on shaky legs with the old monarchs looming a wolf at the door the would want to honor our still standing republic, the light in liberty's hand shing like a beacon of hope that all the world's peoples could someday have the same liberty that we have.

The article also said "Emma Lazarus was the fourth of seven children of Moses Lazarus and Esther Nathan, Portuguese Sephardic Jews[4] whose families had been settled in New York since the colonial period." So I guess that dispels the Russian Communist blah blah blah. She was a New Yorker. And it's a beautiful poem too. I will read more on Emma L.

Finally, Immigration law has simply always been in flux. The sentiment of liberty and hope for the oppressed of the world expressed in the her poem apparently however was and is deemed fit to be engraved in stone to last for millennia.

Quote:
If you want to remove the border then you might as well remove the locks from the doors of your own apartment. Why don't you PERSONALLY host an illegal alien family and let them take over part of your property? don't push you BS on everyone else, you do your part if you believe what you do.
This is an open forum where I am free to express my own personal beliefs as I wish - as are you. I push nothing.

Quote:
You need to READ about Ike and Operation Wet back. Google it or click here: The Border | 1953 Operation *******
So I did. It said

"In some cases, illegal immigrants were deported along with their American-born children, who were by law U.S. citizens. The agents used a wide brush in their criteria for interrogating potential aliens. They adopted the practice of stopping "Mexican-looking" citizens on the street and asking for identification. This practice incited and angered many U.S. citizens who were of Mexican American descent. Opponents in both the United States and Mexico complained of "police-state" methods, and Operation ******* was abandoned."

I think the last sentence says it all. Apparently "Operation *******" was abandoned because it was a failure.

Quote:
There is so much misinformation in that blurb, it defies that you were ever formally educated.
Hmmf. You state Emma was a Russian comm.... Then you recommend I read about a failed fascist policy with a grossly racist name from the era of McCarthyism. You try to tell me not to "push my BS" in an open forum. You claim to stand for America, yet you will suppress civil rights to soothe your xenophobia. And I'm not educated? Ha. The only reason I am carrying on this discussion with you is sometimes it is fun to play poker when you know you have all the cards.

And btw, you might want to review the TOS before somebody clicks that little red triangle and makes you disappear.

I'm done with you now. Sayanora.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times
Back on topic, or at least the thread title's topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's a Homeland Security project.
I need to correct this. I had thought Homeland Security wasnt part of the stimulus package, but in fact it will receive $5.1B. No mention of funds for this fence, which in any case is nearly complete.

From Sen. Robert Byrd, Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security:
The bill that is before the Committee includes $5.1 billion in homeland security investments that will strengthen our security and generate significant economic activity.

The bill includes essential increases for construction and repair of ports of entry on our borders, Coast Guard shore facilities and critical assets, and consolidation of the Department’s headquarters. The Homeland Security title accelerates deployment of critical technology for border and airport security. Additionally, funds are provided for state and local security investments, including: construction of fire stations, emergency operation centers, and fusion centers; grants for rail, transit, and port security; and security upgrades for high-risk infrastructure, such as bridges, tunnels, dams, and levees.

These funds can be spent quickly, will provide greater safety for our homeland, and will generate over 62,000 private sector jobs across the country.
Breakdown of the Homeland Security portion of the package in the press release:

Byrd on Economic Stimulus

Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 AM

REplies in bold. Sorry, it's late, getting tired.

Quote:
What kind of threat is that and why are you making it? can't stand the heat? I prefer polite discourse not getting personal. TOS here says attack the idea not the person. My advise is a favor to you.

Funny how you:

1) didn't know the whole story about the Statue of Liberty (btw it wasn't given during the French Revolution but much later 100 years after all the killings and guillotine murder mayhem stopped.) I knew that. I even mentioned 2rd Republic (post Napoleon 3)

2) didn't know who Emma Lazarus was or what who she collaborated with
yes, didn't know. I don't claim to know all and I learn something new every day. I also admit my misconceptions - to others, but far more inportantly to myself. Do you? Life is complicated. I am sure I don't fully understand. Do you? Can you dispose of preconceptions as you seek truth?
3) didn't know the plaque was added later, as an afterthought.
I knew it didn't ship with the statue. I never gave thought to when it was added, I assumed it was added when the base was built. I really don't see the relevance of the timing.

4) didn't know the plaque was a "poem" not law or policy
I knew that.
5) made a comment about "Ike" and had never heard of his "Operation W-back"
So what?
.....and then you have the nerve to make a post like that skewing the interpretation and facts all within 15 minutes of study, and then you make threats to remove someone who helped add information into your life and this forum.

I believe I did say I appreciated your (albeit erroneous) info about Emma and the statue. I think I returned the favor by suggesting you discuss not disparage, as well as by checking your factuality.

incredible.

I see you are unwilling to help an illegal immigrant family by opening up your own house, putting your money where your mouth is, and that's typical of the liberal who would rather push their pet causes outside their own comfort zone and push them on others to pay for as well.

Injecting preposterous arguments to augment macrophilosophical musings doesn't bolster your theory dude. Because I favor our society helping a society doesn't mean I can or should be expected to carry a double load to singlehandedly prove we can make room for a few more at our collective metaphorical table. What am I, Atlas? That said fyi, I have an adopted child.

Operation W-back may have been deemed a failure to bigots and anti-White racists, that PBS link I hastily provided was a biased and hate-based link. there are better and more accurate sources.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you sound like a real balanced and fair-minded person.
I am. I'm also a person who knows San Diego politics very well and who's spent a bit of time at its periphery. I know exactly what Duncan Hunter is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies