Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,328,418 times

Advertisements

Having NO chance of getting the Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton, I predict that Ms. Kennedy will wait for the vacancy of Uncle Ted...ya know..

Done the Kennedy way, on the cheap, without effort, without the vote of the people, and as a right of descending nobility....ya know

As an appointed heir to the Kennedy legacy...whatever that it? She will protect the machine from any future scrutiny...records are kept sealed for a reason...ya know...

Residency? ya know...didn't stop Hillary..ya know...won't stop Caroline...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
That's pretty crass to think that, even for political animals like the Kennedys. I think she just got a good taste of media attention and decided it wasn't worth having herself exposed to that kind of scrutiny and public discussion. That and she'd be entering into a circus of very power hungry cut throats and would have to drastically change her lifestyle.
I think she put her personal life ahead of political ambition and should be respected for that.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,024,822 times
I doubt it. I think she was doing this for Uncle Teddy to begin with but she just can't. She's not a politician. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,741,798 times
ya know......
While I would agree that the Kennedy's have the greasiest machine, before the Clintoons. When you have someone used to a quiet lifestyle, and they're pushing 50 yrs old. I think it would be a difficult, if not impossible change.
But she will have another chance, if she changes her mind later. ya know, when uncle teddy...ya know...?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
That's pretty crass to think that, even for political animals like the Kennedys. I think she just got a good taste of media attention and decided it wasn't worth having herself exposed to that kind of scrutiny and public discussion. That and she'd be entering into a circus of very power hungry cut throats and would have to drastically change her lifestyle.
I think she put her personal life ahead of political ambition and should be respected for that.
Strange, her ugly kids are interesting to me...guess the media guard dogs were told to back off.

That fugly creature got her panties in a bunch because the great unwashed started looking.

Very funny!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM

This event tested the waters...like circling birds of prey...as the carcass of Ted's cools, She will emerge.
With professional handlers this time...crafting the words and you know....like the Clintons (Vince Foster) the Irish mobocrats have a lot to hide and cover up...as a politico, everything is under the rug...
The waters will be tested and watered down...She will be given the Senate Seat as a reward for being a Kennedy...ha ha ha....Ambassador to Neverland Ranch...that would, you know, work! ????

Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,709,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Having NO chance of getting the Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton, I predict that Ms. Kennedy will wait for the vacancy of Uncle Ted...ya know..

Done the Kennedy way, on the cheap, without effort, without the vote of the people, and as a right of descending nobility....ya know

As an appointed heir to the Kennedy legacy...whatever that it? She will protect the machine from any future scrutiny...records are kept sealed for a reason...ya know...

Yep, and the Clintons killed Vince Foster, and Barack Obama is really a homosexual Muslim.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,207,776 times
I dont think she's interested in politics the first place. Anyway, David, I thought you OD'd back in the 80s... ya know.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,818,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post

You might be right but I guess that not many people like Caroline after this show down and her being afraid to give out her financials and just came out there seems to have been a nanny issue and maritial trouble.....
Ted Kennedy has served the country well and also in a hypocrite way...coming up for woman rights and when he has the chance to vote for one he endorses Obama...he wants something done about the oil prices but no wind energy (windmills) close to his home or waterfront spoiling his view....just another rich hypocrite who doesn't know when to call it quits and just waiting so his son or Caroline can take over his seat...we all know what the Kennedy legacy has become...alcohol, drugs and other addictions....not a family that you wish your daughter brings some one home with...
The man should be home with his younger wife and enjoy the last few days, months or years of his life instead of being in the spot light and getting stroke after stroke just to push his will on others! That is not called acting on behalf of the people, but acting on behalf of him self!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:26 AM

The Kennedy's are running out of Kennedy's...She will be Senator and fit the mold of Washington as a younger Pelosi...as one of the anointed. She has to step up and cover for them...nobody else is left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies