Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Well I am happy for you. Just don't lose track of reality during your blissful victory. I would only be as happy as you if Jesus himself descended from the heavens. People like you scare me becuase it sounds like you love him, almost cult-like, and you make it sound as if you were confined to a jail cell the last 8 years. Does it suck that much to be a minority?
So we assume you feel the same way about a proven fool, who has bankrupt the country, made us the most hated nation on the planet, knocked the middle class to its knees, and violated everything that this country has stood for, and 100's of thousands of Americans have died defending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 06:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina1 View Post
I didn't blame America for the terrorist attacks. I do blame America for the financial crisis that we're in. If you've got someone better to blame, let me know because I'd love to hear it.
How do you feel about "Mr. I screwed my personal books up, didn't pay taxes, tried to hide it and got busted (or committed outright fraud) future IRS director?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:31 PM

175 posts, read 741,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How do you feel about "Mr. I screwed my personal books up, didn't pay taxes, tried to hide it and got busted (or committed outright fraud) future IRS director?
I'm really pissed about our entire government. I voted against all incumbents the last election and will continue to do so until we get people that realize that they work for us and not themselves or big business.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM

The Commission has found no evidence of “politicization” of the intelligence Community’s assessments concerning Iraq’s reported WMD programs. No analytical judgments were changed in response to political pressure to reach a particular conclusion.831 The Commission has investigated this issue closely, querying in detail those analysts involved in formulating pre-war judgments about Iraq’s WMD programs. These analysts universally assert that in no instance did political pressure
cause them to change any of their analytical judgments. Indeed, these analysts reiterated their strong belief in the validity and soundness of their prewar judgments at the time they were made.832 As a former Assistant Secretary of State for Intelligence and Research put it, “policymakers never once applied any pressure on coming up with the ‘right’ answer on Iraq.”833 Moreover, the CIA’s Ombudsman for Politicization conducted a formal inquiry in November 2003 into the possibility of “politicization” with
respect to assessments of Iraqi WMD. That inquiry involved the (perceived) delay in CIA’s reassessment of its position on WMD in Iraq. The Ombudsman also found no evidence, based on numerous confidential interviews with the analysts involved, that political pressure had caused any analyst to change any judgments.834

http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/wmd_chapter1.pdf

Old 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM

The financial crisis is a major problem but one person fault it isn't. In fact I would think it would be quiet obvious why FM and FM became problems. Government Sponsored Entity traded on the stock market and regulated by people being paid by lobbyist from those GSE's to the tune of 170 million dem's and rep's alike. That shook the financial system which is what everything we know is based on essentially our heart and we were eating lots and lots and lots of fat.

Now new reports say:

WASHINGTON – It will take years before an infrastructure spending program proposed by President-elect Barack Obama will boost the economy, according to congressional economists.
The findings, released to lawmakers Sunday, call into question the effectiveness of congressional Democrats' efforts to pump up the economy through old-fashioned public works projects like roads, bridges and repairs of public housing.
Less than half of the $30 billion in highway construction funds detailed by House Democrats would be released into the economy over the next four years, concludes the analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. Less than $4 billion in highway construction money would reach the economy by September 2010.
The economy has been in recession for more than a year, but many economists believe a recovery may begin by the end of 2009. That would mean that most of the infrastructure money wouldn't hit the economy until it's already on the mend.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_stimulus (broken link)

Old 01-23-2009, 06:41 PM

175 posts, read 741,553 times
The housing crisis went well beyond the mortgage brokers, though. The real estate agents and appraisers had a lot to do with things, too. Everyone was putting big bucks in their pockets and not caring about the end result. Throw in the people who bought into the gimmick - those who realized they could sell their homes at high profits (which were really only on paper - to get into another house they had to spend just as much or more than they sold for) and it didn't take rocket science to realize that the bubble would burst.

There's a lot of blame to pass around. I put Bush at the top of the list, though, because he encouraged America to spend as part of their patriotic duty. His answer to 9/11 in a domestic sense? Go shopping. Real estate ended up being what was keeping the economy going at all in the end, and he looked the other way while telling us how fantastic the economy was.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
But noooo, they have to blame America first!!!!!!
I think this world would be a better place without hate.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I think this world would be a better place without hate.
True, but I thought the topic here was placing blame where it belonged, and that is not hate, that is just honesty. Nothing is ever fixed until a problem is recognized, and that those responsible are identified. Then and only then can the problem be addressed.

You can't fix what you don't acknowledge

Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,611,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So we assume you feel the same way about a proven fool, who has bankrupt the country, made us the most hated nation on the planet, knocked the middle class to its knees, and violated everything that this country has stood for, and 100's of thousands of Americans have died defending.
Who prooved that George Bush was a fool? The soon to be bankrupt New York Times, Saturday Night Live, or ex-CBS anchor Dan Rather? Sounds like you are blending your passionate liberal emotions with reality and politics. That is always a combustible mixture.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:09 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times
Quote:
Who prooved that George Bush was a fool? The soon to be bankrupt New York Times, Saturday Night Live, or ex-CBS anchor Dan Rather? Sounds like you are blending your passionate liberal emotions with reality and politics. That is always a combustible mixture.
The last two elctions did! Those soon to be bankrupt companies lasted longer than any company Bush ever ran!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies