Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,743 times

Advertisements

Just about how much more nonsense will the citizens here put up with?

We're going to have to pay for 4 million jobs to be created with all the illegals working here?

Let's face it, the low-lifes in Washington will sell out this country for the Hispanic vote, and any other vote. But this stimulus package is getting ridiculous. We're giving money to executives, companies and industries that are simply un-productive. There's plenty of businesses doing well - the country hasn't come to a complete halt.

The best idea is the one in which the workers all have a "tax holiday" - And we will spend the money on the things (industries) that we want - Not on what we don't want, or need. Or what the sleaze-ball politicians will divvy up among their favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Funny nobody mentions that. It really doesn't make sense. We should allow legal residents of this nation to have first dibs on the jobs that are available.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
I haven't been able to reconcile the fact that we have many million (not sure your number is correct, though) illegal workers in this country doing work "Americans refuse to do", yet have unemployment problems.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:25 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

We're going to have to pay for 4 million jobs to be created with all the illegals working here?

Let's face it, the low-lifes in Washington will sell out this country for the Hispanic vote, and any other vote. But this stimulus package is getting ridiculous. We're giving money to executives, companies and industries that are simply un-productive. There's plenty of businesses doing well - the country hasn't come to a complete halt.

The best idea is the one in which the workers all have a "tax holiday" - And we will spend the money on the things (industries) that we want - Not on what we don't want, or need. Or what the sleaze-ball politicians will divvy up among their favorites.

Illegals are doing jobs you or I or most Americans do not wnat to do.

Illegals are working jobs where they are standing on the corners hoping to get a job doing SOMETHING..

They are cleaning toilets, or dishes.. NOT really taking jobs away from americans.. because not too many are willing to do the jobs they end up getting.

The problem is that corporate America has taken jobs overseas so that when you call tech support you get someone in Bangladesh that is working rather than an American who should be sitting on the other endo f that phone making a living.. NOT the illegals that are here.

Obama wants to CREATE jobs here and KEEP them HERE!! .. adn BTW.. these jobs that he will create will be for AMERIcANS NOT illegals.. becaue they can really work true "jobs"..with any security or benefits attatched to it.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Illegals are doing jobs you or I or most Americans do not wnat to do.
Before there were millions of illegals in America these low wage food prep, dishwashing, nanny care, hotel cleaning etc. jobs were being done. By poor white and African Americans. Illegals don't do work Americans won't do, they do work American's will do for below even the low wages paid previously because illegals don't have the ability to refuse those kinds of wages. Union scale construction jobs paid $52.00/hr in NYC prior to the wholesale outsourcing (insourcing) of those jobs. Interesting that there were 13 construction accidents, very high profile construction accidents, in NYC in a one year period. More accidents than the previous six years combined. There are a growing number of construction, mining and industrial accidents all around the country because safety standards can be disregarded when the workforce is 'disposable'. If Congress get their way and are able to issue drivers licenses to illegals the iconic American trucker, the mainstay of American manufacturing (and Flying J's) will cease to be a middle aged white male. He'll be a 20 something Mexican kid. But yes, the call center jobs, American's would love to have those and don't any longer but America won't crash and burn because call centers have been moved to Bangalore. It will crash and burn because all manner of jobs have been taken away from Americans and all mannner of manufacturing and construction have been taken away. All manner of software development and computer programming is being done by Russians and Indians on H1 visa's. It is the totallity of the job lossess that will cripple and kill this country, not the loss of any one sector.

H .

Old 01-10-2009, 09:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

At least Obama is trying to do something to help.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 PM

611 posts, read 1,456,646 times
My boyfriend dosent have a problem doing any of the jobs the illegals do. Neither do either of my brothers, but they dont speak spanish and their last names not Gonzalez so they get skipped over for jobs. My brother wouldnt have a problem digging a ditch for 10/hr, problem is that when Juan got here, he got promoted to supervisor and hired his cousins Alfredo,Jose and Javier, now no one else can get on. Thats the real problem. i thought that there were laws against that kind of stuff. There are plenty of unskilled AMERICAN laborers who are un or under employed who would be more than willing to do those jobs. Get I.C.E to raid these factories, fast food places, warehouses and I will bring you plenty of Natural Born Citizens to replace the illegal workers.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
those 23 million illegals took our jobs and DC and los pinos helped them.
make work projects at tax payer expense would not be needed if they left.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-11-2009 at 12:02 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 12:01 AM

756 posts, read 2,000,578 times
My daughter would love one of those 7dollarhr. job but can not get one.
17 year female in 11th.grade needs to work some but so far only summer jobs because they need people that do not go to school.
what ever happen to working after school till 9pm.
that is what I did but no-one around here seems to knoe what I am talking about.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
My boyfriend dosent have a problem doing any of the jobs the illegals do. Neither do either of my brothers, but they dont speak spanish and their last names not Gonzalez so they get skipped over for jobs. My brother wouldnt have a problem digging a ditch for 10/hr, problem is that when Juan got here, he got promoted to supervisor and hired his cousins Alfredo,Jose and Javier, now no one else can get on. Thats the real problem. i thought that there were laws against that kind of stuff. There are plenty of unskilled AMERICAN laborers who are un or under employed who would be more than willing to do those jobs. Get I.C.E to raid these factories, fast food places, warehouses and I will bring you plenty of Natural Born Citizens to replace the illegal workers.

It's not just the jobs we can't have, but it is also the effect it has of driving wages and benefits down for everyone. I'm an auto mechanic in the largest Arab community in the US. I can't get a job in any Arab owned shop because my name isn't Ahmed or Gussin, let alone Juan. It's ruining the country and no politician from any party has the courage to take on the illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies