Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:58 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Wait wait wait, if he was born of an american woman, would that not still automatically grant him american citizenship...if not the ability to easily get american citizenship..
My understanding is that in order to become President of the United States, you have to be born on United States soil. For example, I don't think Governor Arnold could become President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 12:04 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.
Is this your evidence [mod cut]?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-15-2008 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: no name calling please...

Old 11-15-2008, 12:05 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Wait wait wait, if he was born of an american woman, would that not still automatically grant him american citizenship...if not the ability to easily get american citizenship..i don't think even if he was born out of the country that it matters...his mother was an american.
No! American citizenship is not enough. He must be a Natural Born Citizen.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
My understanding is that in order to become President of the United States, you have to be born on United States soil.
No, the US uses both jus soli and jus sanguinis.

Meanwhile, this thread seems to be nothing more than the OP's attempt to escape from the other thread where all his theories were shot full of holes by simply opening a new one and starting from scratch.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Is this your evidence fool?
I find it best not to talk with people that revert to childish name-calling. I think you've had your chance to show what you are...and you've made it known very clearly for all to see.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Only John McCain, Joe Biden, or others in the line of succession would be found to have "standing" to bring such a suit in the first place. And if it were brought by one of those people, it would almost certainly be passed over by the Supreme Court because of the "political question doctrine" - which would more or less refer it back to the Congress.

So, I don't see how this is a live issue.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, the US uses both jus soli and jus sanguinis.

Meanwhile, this thread seems to be nothing more than the OP's attempt to escape from the other thread where all his theories were shot full of holes by simply opening a new one and starting from scratch.
People can certainly look at both threads and decide for themselves. The Moderator is certainly welcome to join the two threads.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-worried.html

Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Only John McCain, Joe Biden, or others in the line of succession would be found to have "standing" to bring such a suit in the first place. And if it were brought by one of those people, it would almost certainly be passed over by the Supreme Court because of the "political question doctrine" - which would more or less refer it back to the Congress.

So, I don't see how this is a live issue.
I would include any candidate, including Alan Keyes, to have standing. Furthermore, "ALL THE PEOPLE" should have standing.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,532 times
I think any U.S. citizen should have standing, since they might be affected by this.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Well, a district court already held that Phil Berg did not have standing. Alan Keyes failed to reach the 5% public financing threshold for elections, nor was he on the ballot in a majority of states, so, he probably won't fare much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies