Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:04 AM

152 posts, read 212,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Thank You President George Walker Bush.
Thank You for your public service to our nation.
The job you undertook was not an easy task. I know you put in many hours and many sleepless nights, for what seems an ungrateful nation.
*Let me show you with words of kindness that not everyone is ungrateful for your service.
**It takes a special kind of man to stand by your convictions. You did so with pride and honor to our Nation.
I am proud to be an American and equally as proud to have had you as my President.
I am sure in time history will show you made the right choices, and will bring it to light.
**I served in the Vietnam war and remember how the President and Congress turned their backs on us. Just like President Clinton did to our men and women how fought in Somalia.
When I elect a President, I look for someone with character.Someone who will make solid judgements and then stick by those judgements.
**Some people have short memories. They can not remember what happened last week much less what happened last year. Partially due to the driveby media. They drown out history.
I remember what Saddam Hussein did. I understood your need to take him out. The middle east has been a hot bed for a very long time. And it needed someone to deal with it. Thank You.
Even without your presence in office, they will understand America has the might to protect her Allies.
**There are those that are against war, but they are the ones that do not know history. History books are full of countries that no longer exist. Primarily because life got to easy for them. As a result they got fat and lazy and became spoiled to their way of life. They no longer felt a need for a strong military. It cost to much. Like the Roman Empire.
**I do not presume to know how large our military should be. But I do know if our men and women are having to serve 3 or 4 tours in Iraq; that reducing the size of our military is not the right answer. Especially when I have read that China has 2.3 million soldiers ready to attack Taiwan.
**I remember how they criticized you for sending are men and women into harms way without proper equipment (ie armor and humvees). The driveby media forgot to mention that for years Congress cut the military and the military budget every chance they got.
You will always hold a special place in my heart as a Soldier's Soldier. You told us from the onset that you will always support our troops and that Iraq would not turn into another Vietnam. You meant it and stuck by your decision.
**The driveby media fails to mention that. Instead they used it to paint you as one that doesn't listen to the people anymore (ie the protesters). In fact, it was the media that didn't listen to you.
**There will always be some that think by burying their head in the sand their problems will go away.
**Iraq is on its way to becoming a success, but in time it may turn into another Vietnam. It didn't happen during your watch. I salute you for that.
**Some may become great Presidents but worthless as Commander and Chief. You are the best of both.
**You answered that phone at 2:00 o'clock in the morning and because of that I, like so many other Americans were able to sleep in peace. Thank You.
**Some history books may say that during your watch, the government was at it's worst when it comes to pork barrel spending. I know better than that. You had to sign some bills into law laden with pork barrel spending in order to fund our troops in harms way. I attribute that to Nancy Pelosi and company.
*I apologize for the driveby media, how they twisted the meaning of every word. In time, maybe; they'll come back to unbiased reporting. Even SNL saw this, and did a skit on the media. Why buy a newspaper when you know it is full of garbage. I have read better news on bathroom walls. The driveby is more engroved with who is not wearing underwear than they are with our soldiers fighting a war.
I hear Barney bit a Reporter the otherday. Good for him. We may not get the last word, but at least he did. *Barney should be awarded for that. I think he earned his C.I.B.
Beware of Pelosi, Reed and company, they may start pushing to have Barney put down.
**If that happens let me know and I'll start a petition to "Save Barney".
I can see the headlines already.
" Barney, Pre-Emptive Strike, Shock and Awe"
"Reporter to sue President".
more garbage for bathroom walls.
I like so many others, elected you to office (and glad I did). The media would have you to believe that America has turned their back on you. That your own party has done the same thing. Please know that I never did.
**I know I elected the right man for the job. I made that decision 8 years ago and I stand by it today.
**I look forward to finding your Presidential Library and website, and hope to find every word and page currently on whithouse.gov.
My wife and I cried watching your last "State of the Union" address, to see how smug Pelosi and others treated you.
You will always have a warm spot in my heart, as my thoughts and prayers are always with you.
**Your's Truly,
Let us show our gratitude today.
Today is Veterans Day.
Today President Bush is busy with the transition of power.
Thank Giving and Christmas is fast approaching.
If you are interested you can write President Bush directly at president@whitehouse.gov

How would you express your your gratitude?

Last edited by USS Enterprise CV-6; 11-11-2008 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 10:20 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
**It takes a special kind of man to stand by your convictions."

Does this include the good and honest men who had the courage to stand by their convictions to refuse to go to war in distant lands when their own country is not in peril from without, and there is so little to be accomplished by such a war but death and destruction to innocent lives?

(If you feel that this response is inappropriate, you shouldn't have posted your OP under "politics and other controversies").

Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
It takes a man of courage to put aside his arrogance and admit when he's made a mistake and work to correct that mistake, a quality sadly lacking in this man.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
I thought maybe the original rant may have been writen by Limbaugh due to the overuse of the term "drive-by media", but then I noticed that he wrote that he served in Viet Nam, so I guess not.

Poor Bush, who knew that all those bills had to be laden with Pork in order to satisfy a Minority Member of Congress from San Francisco. Any President with a command of the English language should have been able to minimize such a congressperson.

"Told us from the start that Iraq would not turn into another Viet-Nam". Six years in and counting!

"Understood what Saddam Hussein did". Really? If you knew anything about geo-politics you would know that Hussein (maybe a bas***d, but our bas***d) did was provide a bulwark against a SHIITE (read Iranian) dominated Iran. This was something that Iran has desired for years, and wasted billions of dollars and millions of lives trying to obtain. Instead we did it for them, which incidentally will give the Iranians control of an even greater pool of middle eastern oil. Thanks indeed!

golfgod

Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
USS Enterprise CV-6

Nice boat, ****ty post.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Man, I thought I was sarcastic but the OP has it down to an art!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Man, I thought I was sarcastic but the OP has it down to an art!
LMAO....Good gouge.I give it a 9.5....had you used the words douche,inbred,hairlipped or assinine I would have given you a perfect ten.Still a good score,but let me try now.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
I have gratitude that he is leaving office.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
Let us show our gratitude today.
Today is Veterans Day.
Today President Bush is busy with the transition of power.
Thank Giving and Christmas is fast approaching.
If you are interested you can write President Bush directly at president@whitehouse.gov

How would you express your your gratitude?
I think I make more sense when I break wind than the OP does when he writes a post after a months worth of thought.BTW,Bush is NOT a vet and if you call what he has done to this country a "service" I feel like you've got what you deserve.I just hope they are tapping your phone,you've lost your job to an overseas market and you had every bit of savings in the stock market and the CEO of the company you worked for raped your pension fund due to Bush's deregulation.

And to answer how I would show my gratitude to him if I were able to.I would urinate in his breakfast cereal.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:22 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Bush has taken an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies three times in his life, the NG, and two terms in office.

And he has yet to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies